Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you post that video?
Are you asking if I'm broken games hd? No
Do many of you play Uncharted's multiplayer regularly?
i played Uc2 online a lot back I'm the day. Competitive & coop. It was a lot of fun.

I know a guy who doesn't touch single player games. His favorite game us tlou - that's how much he likes the mp.

The concept of actually beating a game on your own is dead.

i played Uc2 online a lot back I'm the day. Competitive & coop. It was a lot of fun.

I know a guy who doesn't touch single player games. His favorite game us tlou - that's how much he likes the mp.
I know a lot of people like that. Although I also know a fair few who just play single player. It's not that surprising as the experiences are so different. What about UC3 multiplayer? Actually the guy in that video was saying UC3 was not as good?

The concept of actually beating a game on your own is dead.
Nah, I'm going to go pc primary soon so I get the most from single player but I'll probably still do multiplayer on console where hacking is a bit less common.

I know a lot of people like that. Although I also know a fair few who just play single player. It's not that surprising as the experiences are so different. What about UC3 multiplayer? Actually the guy in that video was saying UC3 was not as good?
yeah the guy in the video and actually the guy who mentions in the video also made a video and both are kinda unfavorable to Uc3 mp, and this guy has just been announced for mp director.

I liked Uc3 mp, mostly for the fact that they included splitscreen. I didn't care much for the perks or power plays I agree with what they said and even the sprint button - it felt like your player would move really slow (slower than they ran in Uc2) and the sprint button would just show them moving faster and you'd end up pressing it a lot. In the end I'd say Uc2 mp was executed better than Uc3 although Uc3 was trying to be expansive.
Nah, I'm going to go pc primary soon so I get the most from single player but I'll probably still do multiplayer on console where hacking is a bit less common.
???

Split screen as in 2 players playing multiplayer from the same console?

How many upcoming game films are there (that you know of)? It'll take a while for the public to come round after all the crap they've been fed but once studios see a couple making big bucks everything will change.
Sorry this was a couple pages back, just saw it. The ones I have high hopes for:

Warcraft directed by Duncan Jones
Splinter Cell starring Tom Hardy and directed by Doug Liman
Assassins Creed starring Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard (from their Macbeth director)

The Uncharted movie is being written by Mark Boal (Zero Dark Thirty) and directed by Seth Gordon (who's kinda hit-and-miss but has directed two good movies, imo) so it has potential but my anticipation of that will depend entirely on casting. Still looking at the names attached to these films, the industry seems to finally be making serious attempts at making good movies out of these video game properties for a change.

I loved the multiplayer for uncharted 2. Played the crap out of it haha, and I was pretty damn good at it too. I didn't like 3's mp that much though, I stopped playing it pretty quickly.

Sorry this was a couple pages back, just saw it. The ones I have high hopes for:

Warcraft directed by Duncan Jones
Splinter Cell starring Tom Hardy and directed by Doug Liman
Assassins Creed starring Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard (from their Macbeth director)

The Uncharted movie is being written by Mark Boal (Zero Dark Thirty) and directed by Seth Gordon (who's kinda hit-and-miss but has directed two good movies, imo) so it has potential but my anticipation of that will depend entirely on casting. Still looking at the names attached to these films, the industry seems to finally be making serious attempts at making good movies out of these video game properties for a change.
Oh I don't think I knew about a Splinter Cell film! Yep there's a chance that all of these take game films to a new level. Really hope so.

I loved the multiplayer for uncharted 2. Played the crap out of it haha, and I was pretty damn good at it too. I didn't like 3's mp that much though, I stopped playing it pretty quickly.
What was worse about it?

yep.
that's why for me, splitscreen Uc4 is a must. and I'd absolutely love coop campaign.
Do you have someone at home you regularly play with? I don't normally like splitscreening on that as I feel at a disadvantage. That's why I've got multiple consoles & TVs etc.

Oh I don't think I knew about a Splinter Cell film! Yep there's a chance that all of these take game films to a new level. Really hope so.

What was worse about it?

Do you have someone at home you regularly play with? I don't normally like splitscreening on that as I feel at a disadvantage. That's why I've got multiple consoles & TVs etc.
i don't think i could ever bother to have two playstations and two copies of the same game just to have a friend play with me. splitscreen does that job and you're right it is a major disadvantage - for competitive though, mostly. for coop it's not as big of a bother.

Are you asking if I'm broken games hd? No

That was a stupid video. The multiplayer in Uncharted 3 was fine. It wasn't rewarding you for losing. Those parts were simply giving players a chance who were behind to double their points and stage a daring come from behind victory. I liked those parts. It raised the stakes. If you were behind, you could possibly get a chance to earn more points and get a daring win.

That was a stupid video. The multiplayer in Uncharted 3 was fine. It wasn't rewarding you for losing. Those parts were simply giving players a chance who were behind to double their points and stage a daring come from behind victory. I liked those parts. It raised the stakes. If you were behind, you could possibly get a chance to earn more points and get a daring win.
that wasn't the only video talking about those points. And a lot of people agree. I didn't play as much Uc3 mp as Uc2 but those times that I did play it I didn't really like the periodic power plays in favor to the losing team - but they did add splitscreen, which is a huge plus in my book. I had a blast with Uc2 mp, for better or for worse.

2751251-9131702088-ebzxf.gif

I think I remember getting an instant erection at that moment the first time seeing it.

Just felt like sharing.

would that constitute a qte? since you're prompted to press a button before the action happens

I think I remember getting an instant erection at that moment the first time seeing it.

Just felt like sharing.

Thank you for sharing, I too might've gotten an erection as well. Truth.

would that constitute a qte? since you're prompted to press a button before the action happens
No, I'm pretty sure a QTE is more along the lines of a scripted moment. Nate at that moment could have not have connected to the ledge and jumped to the side so there's some extra freedom in the combat there. It's more of an interactive object in the area.

No, I'm pretty sure a QTE is more along the lines of a scripted moment. Nate at that moment could have not have connected to the ledge and jumped to the side so there's some extra freedom in the combat there. It's more of an interactive object in the area.
word. yeah looks like there's a lot more freedom in the combat areas now.

in fact, i'd go so far as to saying that whoever played the demo intentionally made himself seen on the ledge so he could start the 3rd person shooter gameplay. i bet you could play that entire segment without even getting seen.

i don't think i could ever bother to have two playstations and two copies of the same game just to have a friend play with me. splitscreen does that job and you're right it is a major disadvantage - for competitive though, mostly. for coop it's not as big of a bother.
Well yeah it's just a solution for myself which I'm sure doesn't suit many others. I don't buy multiple copies of games apart from a handful that I played co-op all the time like Gears 2 Horde or Gears 3 multiplayer, the friends can bring their own copies. Or sometimes I'll get it as a one off. Awesome though with multiple gamertags & Live accounts, consoles and separate large screens in the same room, and you can also see exactly what all your teammates are doing and their PoV. I've tried playing splitscreen and I can hardly tell what I'm doing on stuff like Halo. Good to have the feature though for those who find it useful.

Well yeah it's just a solution for myself which I'm sure doesn't suit many others. I don't buy multiple copies of games apart from a handful that I played co-op all the time like Gears 2 Horde or Gears 3 multiplayer, the friends can bring their own copies. Or sometimes I'll get it as a one off. Awesome though with multiple gamertags & Live accounts, consoles and separate large screens in the same room, and you can also see exactly what all your teammates are doing and their PoV. I've tried playing splitscreen and I can hardly tell what I'm doing on stuff like Halo. Good to have the feature though for those who find it useful.
word man, more power to you. do you have the setups next to each other as well? that's what 50 cent does when he plays with his friends
2qiqt6a.jpg

also - not all local mp games have to have splitscreen. smash is a great example - the best selling fighting game of all time, no splitscreen, but imagine it without local mp? people would riot

word. yeah looks like there's a lot more freedom in the combat areas now.

in fact, i'd go so far as to saying that whoever played the demo intentionally made himself seen on the ledge so he could start the 3rd person shooter gameplay. i bet you could play that entire segment without even getting seen.

Pretty much. Bruce Straley, the game's director, pitched Uncharted 4 on Twitter as "Imagine a world...where you could stealth like Joel, and climb like Nathan Drake."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"