Fallout | Amazon Prime

They could have a made Fallout game that appealed to wider audience while actually giving a **** about the IP in the process but they chose to take the lazy way out. Even if you remove the my criticism about the lore and the setting, how the game handles game logic, variables, and combat is objectively poorly implemented and 90% of the game is shooting stuff with ****ty shooting. You can call it "weirdo behavior" or gatekeeping or whatever other hand waving cop out bull**** you want. You don't have a problem with it because that was your entry point.

For the record, they do this type of **** to the Elder Scrolls too. Cyrodiil in Oblivion doesn't resemble how it's described in Morrowind.

Man you're worked up about this lol

The shooting was fine in Fallout 4, sure it was rough in 3. Some of the funniest and most memorable moments I had in Skyrim were when the wacky stuff that occurs in the big Bethesda games happened.

They DID care about the IP, so much so that it has sold astronomically more games in 3 and 4 than 1 and 2, the Pip-Boy is now iconic, the imagery is instantly recognizable, and we're going to watch a critically acclaimed show based on the very things you hate about it. Must suck to be so miserable about this.

I also don't care enough to get mad that a city changed between games. Thousands of years take place between TES games so I chalk it up to that.

Say what you want about Bethesda, but they killed it with Doom and Doom Eternal, plus they made Skyrim, I can live with them.

Love seeing the glowing reviews for this. Now I just have to get a bunch of work done and finish my taxes so I can start the binge at 6! Wish me luck lol.

Man you're worked up about this lol

The shooting was fine in Fallout 4, sure it was rough in 3. Some of the funniest and most memorable moments I had in Skyrim were when the wacky stuff that occurs in the big Bethesda games happened.

They DID care about the IP, so much so that it has sold astronomically more games in 3 and 4 than 1 and 2, the Pip-Boy is now iconic, the imagery is instantly recognizable, and we're going to watch a critically acclaimed show based on the very things you hate about it. Must suck to be so miserable about this.

I also don't care enough to get mad that a city changed between games. Thousands of years take place between TES games so I chalk it up to that.

Say what you want about Bethesda, but they killed it with Doom and Doom Eternal, plus they made Skyrim, I can live with them.
They didn't develop doom or doom eternal. They published it. Futhermore, the shooting in Fallout 4 is still terrible compared to its contemporaries which is more embarrassing when they own the studio who invented the genre. Sales figures mean dick in terms of quality or respect the material. That's what a quality marketing department gets you, and Bethesda had the best in the biz until people finally caught on with Starfield.

The show is going to be a combination of both, like New Vegas. Its set on the west coast, while visually resembling new Fallout. That's a compromise I can live with.

the shooting in Fallout 4 is still terrible compared to its contemporaries which is more embarrassing when they own the studio who invented the genre.
To defend FO4 for a moment here, I like the shooting in that game way more than I like The Outer World's shooting mechanics
I hate how bullet sponge-y some of the enemies are, but the guns themselves felt fine. It's no Destiny, but it's not terrible

To defend FO4 for a moment here, I like the shooting in that game way more than I like The Outer World's shooting mechanics
I hate how bullet sponge-y some of the enemies are, but the guns themselves felt fine. It's no Destiny, but it's not terrible
They're still behind Borderlands which came out like six years prior. The Outer Worlds is also designed in such a way that you can mitigate most of the combat.
Interesting lore bit about the Outer Worlds is the colonization of space like you see in that game is the original intended purpose for the functioning vaults in Fallout. According to Tim Cain, the working vaults were to develop some facet of interstellar travel over the decades underground. The GECK was originally Intended to be a terraforming device which you see in Vault City in Fallout 2.

Last edited:
Fallout fans will continue to claim BGS ruined Fallout, but in that same breath ask "where's Fallout 5?". The amount of times I've seen this happen so far is hilarious.

Fallout fans will continue to claim BGS ruined Fallout, but in that same breath ask "where's Fallout 5?". The amount of times I've seen this happen so far is hilarious.
You won't hear it from me. I couldn't give a **** about the next in house BGS Fallout game. I gave them another shot with 4 to see of anything of the design decisions and improvements from New Vegas carried over. Unfortunately, they did not so I'm done with it. If this show hadn't been spearheaded by creatives I respect and set on the west coast, I wouldn't be bothering with it either.

Last edited:

Hell yeah. Three episodes in, I’m calling it. This is the best video game adaptation ever. I’m know it’s not a super high bar, but we’ve had some great ones lately (The Last of Us, Twisted Metal and even Super Mario Bros.). But this one tops them all. Just excellent.

Only had a chance to watch the first 2 last night but I'm really enjoying it so far. Hoping to watch more later today.

I got through three so far, pretty excellent

Did the first episode feel way longer than an hour to anyone else? By time it was done I thought I had just watched a whole film... (in a good way)

I got through three so far, pretty excellent

Did the first episode feel way longer than an hour to anyone else? By time it was done I thought I had just watched a whole film... (in a good way)
First episode was 75 minutes

Binged all 8 episodes. Yeah, this is the best video game adaption of all time, in my eyes. They did it!

Going to watch this weekend. So far reviews have been good but I did hear the very beginning of episode 2 is a little disturbing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"