Fallout Video Game Series Thread: Discussion about Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas

^^ if you have broken steel installed, can't wait too long. You don't want Mutant Overlords as your first experience with mutants:oldrazz:

One thing for sure though. After playing FO3, you'll gain new appreciation for oldies songs! Nothing can compare to having a huge firefight with mutants while Sid Phillips 'boogieman' playing at beackground...or listening to Billie Holliday 'crazy' while you're walking around in the ruins of D.C...

:woot:

I very rarely listen to the radios in these games. I'm always afraid I won't hear something preparing to ambush me.

That said, I could listen to 'Big Iron' on repeat all day long.

I hope the next Fallout's in New York and that their are more options in character creation. I've always wanted to try out being a badass Ghoul or sane Super Mutant. Even better if by choosing to be either of these changes the story all Dragon Age Origins like.

I very rarely listen to the radios in these games. I'm always afraid I won't hear something preparing to ambush me.

That said, I could listen to 'Big Iron' on repeat all day long.

I LOVE listening to the radio on my pipboy! it adds to the athmosphere, and the athmosphere is what i love the most about these games. I just love that 1950's pulpy-sci-fi feel of the whole game!

And yeah..i love 'big iron'too! and heartache by the numbers! a.k.a Cass theme song!

I hope the next Fallout's in New York and that their are more options in character creation. I've always wanted to try out being a badass Ghoul or sane Super Mutant. Even better if by choosing to be either of these changes the story all Dragon Age Origins like.

It's a safe bet that FO4 will be somewhere other than DC. hwerever it is,it'll be huge!

And if you play on PC, you can play as ghouls, raiders, tribals etc

If you play it as long as most of us have, then the songs never really leave your head.

I guess it's a matter of perspective. The Waste's always seem more rich when I don't have the music on -just the game soundtrack playing quietly in the background. I've always felt the radio tends to drown out some of the surrounding sound and ultimately takes away from the immersion. It's also from a role playing stand point, I can't imagine any of my characters wandering the terrifying Waste's with music distracting them from whatever danger might be around the next corner.

I LOVE listening to the radio on my pipboy! it adds to the athmosphere, and the athmosphere is what i love the most about these games. I just love that 1950's pulpy-sci-fi feel of the whole game!

And yeah..i love 'big iron'too! and heartache by the numbers! a.k.a Cass theme song!

It's a safe bet that FO4 will be somewhere other than DC. hwerever it is,it'll be huge!

And if you play on PC, you can play as ghouls, raiders, tribals etc

Yeah, but does the story change as a result of you being a ghoul, raider, or tribal? I mean, it's just a pallet swap, right?

As far as music, I'd like to hear some Motown. Fallout Detroit. Maybe we could get some actual vehicles this time around.

yeah it's just cosmetic change mostly.maybe with a few new perks..

How bout China? i always wondered if China is also messed up because of the war.

And if they're going there...they better include 'anything goes' song!

I guess it's a matter of perspective. The Waste's always seem more rich when I don't have the music on -just the game soundtrack playing quietly in the background. I've always felt the radio tends to drown out some of the surrounding sound and ultimately takes away from the immersion. It's also from a role playing stand point, I can't imagine any of my characters wandering the terrifying Waste's with music distracting them from whatever danger might be around the next corner.

Haha..i've never looked at it that way. I just figured the lone wanderer experiencing such a culture shock after leaving the vault, he/she just can't get enough of it!

Anyway...what do you think about future fallout not set in the US, but other countries?

And something i'm always curious about...why did Beth never really tries to expand the fallout/elder scrolls universe to other mediums like Bioware did? like into comics, novels...hell, how about merchandise like t-shirts or action figures? you'd figure that the IP is popular enough that they might wanna try that.

They've mentioned before that they want to just stay in the USA, no Canada, no Mexico, even if Canada was annexed in the war.

As for Detroit, there's safer places in the wasteland than in Detroit right now so imagine what it would be like after 200 years and a nuclear war.

Yeah, China would awesome. London too, but maybe some Beatles and the Stones would be too expensive. :o

Oh and a little trick I like to use on fallout 3. Supercharging mines. Drop a mine. The go into your inventory and drop a grenade or two near it. Anybody walks in on that one is a goner. For best results, try a mini nuke.

They've mentioned before that they want to just stay in the USA, no Canada, no Mexico, even if Canada was annexed in the war.

I know. But let's pretend that they've decided to go to...China for example, or australia...

What would you think? Should fallout remains in the US ro expand to other territories?

A
s for Detroit, there's safer places in the wasteland than in Detroit right now so imagine what it would be like after 200 years and a nuclear war.

LOL!

Last edited:
Oh and a little trick I like to use on fallout 3. Supercharging mines. Drop a mine. The go into your inventory and drop a grenade or two near it. Anybody walks in on that one is a goner. For best results, try a mini nuke.

LOL! i gave a fatman to one of my companion once. I learned the hard way that it's not the best decision.

Yeah, China would awesome. London too, but maybe some Beatles and the Stones would be too expensive.

Not London...there are...Reapers in London!:o

I know. But let's pretend that they've decided to go to...China for example, or australia...

What would you think? Should fallout remains in the US ro expand to other territories?

A

LOL!

A Fallout set in Australia seems kind of redundant :funny:

(Just some friendly trans Tasman rivalry!)

Fallout in Australia? Everything's trying to kill you anyway. Now it'll just be bigger and thus easier to see.

Fallout in Australia? Everything's trying to kill you anyway. Now it'll just be bigger and thus easier to see.

If the monsters in Australia get any bigger there won't be room to move, let alone wander! :woot:

There already was a Fallout in Australia. It was called Mad Max. ;)

So my dad finally let me play Fallout: New Vegas but I can only play it if I make him stop playing GTA IV on the Xbox 360.

^^LOL

Well,just tell your mom that you think your dad is spending too much time playing video games. problem solved!

ok, or play Fallout: New Vegas when he's not playing GTA IV 24/7.

^^LOL

Well,just tell your mom that you think your dad is spending too much time playing video games. problem solved!

To which she'll reply "You're right, he should be spending more time with you. Why don't you both go outside and do something?"

Then mom can play Gears of War. Sneaky, sneaky mom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"