AICN Interview w/ Ioan Gruffudd ("Galactus: A No-Show?")

I think that "tormented" is a good base to go from, certainly not something to hang your hat on and say be upset about....

I hope so, really. But by Ioan's words, "ambiguity" seems to be handled in the sense of Surfer being either bad or good. It's a bit shallow as a doubt, I think.

But let's hope for the best, that is: let's consider that the beginning of a dramatic situation in the movie.

On the other hand, Weta's work on the cover of Empire is astonishing. Kudos for Weta.

I hope so, really. But by Ioan's words, "ambiguity" seems to be handled in the sense of Surfer being either bad or good. It's a bit shallow as a doubt, I think.

But let's hope for the best, that is: let's consider that the beginning of a dramatic situation in the movie.

On the other hand, Weta's work on the cover of Empire is astonishing. Kudos for Weta.

Hey, I see nothing wrong with wanting them to get the character right......very understandable....

Piffle. Galactus will show up, if only to sell more movie tickets and comic books...

gal.jpg

Sounds like he gets but just isn't truly passionate about the whole thing. He did give alot away but its proably easy to see Galactus wouldn't show up unless they showed him at the end.

C: I'm just going to ask: does Galactus play a role in this film?

IG: Um...his presence is felt in the movie. He doesn't physically appear, no. Galactus does have a form, doesn't he, in the comic books?

Read his response folks. He doesn't know if the comic character has a physical form?? Come on now. He surely wasn't very definitive.

Again, read what he SAID. "He doesn't physically appear, no". He didn't say "He doesn't physically appear." That slight addition of "no" at the end sums it up.

This is just some slight of hand misdirection folks ..... Kind of the same way that Raimi said there would be no way in hell that Venom would show up in SM3 ....

That's my story and I am sticking with it.

No G-Man? Aw Crap.

I'm sure the movie will still be good (the trailers are at least a hint at that) but c'mon movie guys, nut it up and show us Galactus! :cmad:

I am glad Galactus is only showing as a "presence", because there is so much to focus on the Surfer's character, and with Doom coming back to steal his powers.

I am glad Galactus is only showing as a "presence", because there is so much to focus on the Surfer's character, and with Doom coming back to steal his powers.

AND the Fantastic Four.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"