Fant4stic: Reborn! - - - - - Part 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before May.

I don't understand why they're not releasing something now. I mean we've seen the trailer and the four still photos and that's basically it.

We're less than 5 months away now, and any bump they got in interest from the trailer has faded. There's no reason they couldn't be posting at least a couple photos every week on their Facebook page.

They've got a Twitter page and Facebook page, but those are going completely to waste and all they're doing is reposting links to the trailer.

Josh Trank hasn't tweeted anything since Jan 27th.

It's crazy in today's world not to have some content to keep those accounts active.

This movie has been extremely secretive from the start. I'm not surprised they haven't suddenly started releasing a load of stuff. Marketing will probably ramp up a couple months away from release.

Orba & coolmovies - thanks for the reply.

I don't understand why they're not releasing something now. I mean we've seen the trailer and the four still photos and that's basically it.

We're less than 5 months away now, and any bump they got in interest from the trailer has faded. There's no reason they couldn't be posting at least a couple photos every week on their Facebook page.

They've got a Twitter page and Facebook page, but those are going completely to waste and all they're doing is reposting links to the trailer.

It's crazy in today's world not to have some content to keep those accounts active.

Which you can say to the other Fox films coming out before the Fantastic Four. So are you saying that they are hiding their other films too? Also the Empire photos and Brazil TV spot just came out last month. Its like you expect Fox to promote/update this film every week when the film is not even out for like 5 to 6 months.

Watch this video...from 23:17....You will get your answer as to why they are not releasing another trailer soon. At least not until April end.

http://youtu.be/Zb2s-rPOwY8

Another reason...watch from 4:35

http://youtu.be/fROz3rkS9Fg

Hope these give you the answer to your question.

Last edited:
Which you can say to the other Fox films coming out before the Fantastic Four. So are you saying that they are hiding their other films too? Also the Empire photos and Brazil TV spot just came out last month. Its like you expect Fox to promote/update this film every week when the film is not even out for like 5 to 6 months.

:loco:

Why do you say things like this? Where did I say they were hiding anything? Where did I say I wanted to compare to other Fox films?

And " Its like you expect Fox to promote/update this film every week when the film is not even out for like 5 to 6 months."

Yeah, because I'm a Fantastic Four fan. I've been waiting for a good fantastic four film for over 40 years, and I'd like to see more and I think they should be doing more.

So you don't want them to do more? You don't want to see more? Why are you posting here if you don't want more?

Last edited:
Watch this video...from 23:17....You will get your answer as to why they are not releasing another trailer soon. At least not until April end.

Thanks, but I don't really expect a trailer soon, and I'm fine waiting until April or May for that. But why not release a photo here and there to keep things active?

And I know Trank said he didn't want to give everything away before the film, but I certainly think they could release some photos without giving too much away. How about introducing us to some of the lesser known actors? How about telling us a little bit about the people working on it?

They've got the Twitter and Facebook accounts, I don't know why they can't provide something to keep things going.

:loco:

Why do you say things like this? Where did I say they were hiding anything? Where did I say I wanted to compare to other Fox films?

And " Its like you expect Fox to promote/update this film every week when the film is not even out for like 5 to 6 months."

Yeah, because I'm a Fantastic Four fan. I've been waiting for a good fantastic four film for over 40 years, and I'd like to see more and I think they should be doing more.

So you don't want them to do more? You don't want to see more? Why are you posting here if you don't want more?

Its pretty obvious that they aren't gonna give a lot of things at this point and Josh Trank already said that he wants to keep the mystery until people see the film. Maybe if the film is just 2 months away, then sure, it would be completely understandable about the complain for lack of photos and facebook posts that aren't liked to the same thing. But thats not even the case.

And yes you are a Fantastic Four fan as you said a dozen times... and if Fox is gonna play by your textbook as a FF fan, by August of 2015, they would have revealed everything by just seeing the pictures/trailers (that show everything) that are being released in a weekly or daily basis.

Marketing companies who studios hire to create the trailers and collaborate on which day they are released. Don't want to peak the hype for the film too early. When the movie is within that two month window of release is when you want the hype to reach its peak That is usually done with the movies theatrical trailer. According to MPAA rules can be no longer than 2:30 and a studio can only release it no longer 6mos in advance. With the studio have one exception a year to the six month rule.

Actually, Ant-Man is isn't faithful. This is coming from somebody who just wanted to see Hank Pym become Yellowjacket and not be a senior citizen, that and Janet Van Dyne be Wasp. It's every bit as unfaithful, if not more so. The film is going with Scott Lang as Ant-Man instead of Pym because he wanted more creative freedom with a lesser known character.

Plus, look at who the previous director was, the new director is and the screenwriter is as well as the lead actor. The trailer lacked comedy, even when cast and crew interviewed have described it as a comedy. We also didn't see any shots of Darren Cross suited up. It's every bit as unfaithful of a film and every bit as poor of a trailer.

But both trailers did something right. They convinced me that the films weren't of a cheap quality and have decent production values. I haven't completely written either off but I also really want to see Daredevil and Avengers more.

Marketing companies who studios hire to create the trailers and collaborate on which day they are released. Don't want to peak the hype for the film too early. When the movie is within that two month window of release is when you want the hype to reach its peak That is usually done with the movies theatrical trailer. According to MPAA rules can be no longer than 2:30 and a studio can only release it no longer 6mos in advance. With the studio have one exception a year to the six month rule.

I don't believe that internet released footage, teasers, exclusive trailers etc fall under that...and CB movies are a whole other beast when it comes to internet promotion. That is why I don't really see them promoting this like other CB movies have been promoted. I think they have a very limited promo budget and will use it to get the biggest bang for their buck since it isn't a movie really being aimed at the CB fanboy, but more the general audience therefore there is not as big of a need to do much of anything before they are 2 months out. I think they have realized, and realized very quickly that the fans of the comic books are either not going to see the movie, or at the least NOT going to be what makes it the money if there are multiple views of the movie. So why waste your PR budget on a group that will not be the powerhouse money makers that they are for other projects.

Its pretty obvious that they aren't gonna give a lot of things at this point and Josh Trank already said that he wants to keep the mystery until people see the film. Maybe if the film is just 2 months away, then sure, it would be completely understandable about the complain for lack of photos and facebook posts that aren't liked to the same thing. But thats not even the case.

And yes you are a Fantastic Four fan as you said a dozen times... and if Fox is gonna play by your textbook as a FF fan, by August of 2015, they would have revealed everything by just seeing the pictures/trailers (that show everything) that are being released in a weekly or daily basis.

I have to call total BS for him on that one....they do not want the negative "word of mouth" on the internet by the CB fans, it has become semi-quiet for the now and with the teaser creating a little bit of positive, why screw that up.

If we go to see the movie, and we see the Fantastic Four (and not 4 people with what seems to be disabilities) by at least midway, and Domashev, is Doom with just a weird different name, and Thing is the most awesome Thing we have seen on the Big Screen yet....THEN I WILL APOLOGIZE AND SAY, yes Trank was keeping it a mystery for a reason.

I agree with you Kelly. Most of the reaction from the trailer was positive I don't understand why they didn't keep the ball rolling....

To me that was a big mistake....it should have been followed up immediately by a clip on ET with a couple of interviews with say....Mara and Teller. That could have gone a long way towards keeping some positive out there.

I don't believe that internet released footage, teasers, exclusive trailers etc fall under that...and CB movies are a whole other beast when it comes to internet promotion. That is why I don't really see them promoting this like other CB movies have been promoted. I think they have a very limited promo budget and will use it to get the biggest bang for their buck since it isn't a movie really being aimed at the CB fanboy, but more the general audience therefore there is not as big of a need to do much of anything before they are 2 months out. I think they have realized, and realized very quickly that the fans of the comic books are either not going to see the movie, or at the least NOT going to be what makes it the money if there are multiple views of the movie. So why waste your PR budget on a group that will not be the powerhouse money makers that they are for other projects.

All trailers fall under that rule whether released exclusively on the internet or not. Lucas Arts used up their exception on Star Wars and Marvel used up theirs on Avengers 2. That is why the Ant-man trailer couldn't be shown til exactly 6mos from release.

Everything else you said could be true but think of this JJ Abrams also usually runs a very secretive project. Outside of his little war with Zach Snyder there has been nothing released on Star Wars episode 7. Then inhouse at Fox outside of Bryan Singer always taking these behind the scenes shots on his X-Men movies. There would be no exception at Fox for such things. They are a company who has not embraced social media like WB or Marvel. I don't think there is anything wrong with that but to each it's own

God I can't stand that guy, once I saw AMC and his face popped up I knew it was going to be baseless crap. Understand that this guy DOES NOT MAKE BLOCKBUSTER MOVIES! We're not talking about documentaries here. As crowded as late July will be this year why wouldn't be in a big budget movies best interest to get the ball rolling sooner rather than later especially when regarding CMB's...

Not saying Campea's completely clueless but drink the Kool-aid at your discretion.

Thanks, but I don't really expect a trailer soon, and I'm fine waiting until April or May for that. But why not release a photo here and there to keep things active?

And I know Trank said he didn't want to give everything away before the film, but I certainly think they could release some photos without giving too much away. How about introducing us to some of the lesser known actors? How about telling us a little bit about the people working on it?

They've got the Twitter and Facebook accounts, I don't know why they can't provide something to keep things going.

I'm not buying that line by Trank. You can't win people over this way if the last movie was crap. It just feels more like evading the truth than it does if James Cameron was being coy about Avatar 2.

The people want redemption while all Fox really want is it to keep the rights w/o ending up in the red.

Wasn't there a time when his twitter account was deleted. I think it is clear that Trank isn't as social media friendly as Singer. Which is too bad for the marketing of the film. Just based on his interviews, I think Fox needs to control what Trank says.

Wasn't there a time when his twitter account was deleted. I think it is clear that Trank isn't as social media friendly as Singer. Which is too bad for the marketing of the film. Just based on his interviews, I think Fox needs to control what Trank says.

He definitely needs a minder although so far it hasn't helped much, he seems to be good at saying things which annoy fans. Like his latest where he pretty much dismissed 616 Sue as a "sl***y secretary".

He definitely needs a minder although so far it hasn't helped much, he seems to be good at saying things which annoy fans. Like his latest where he pretty much dismissed 616 Sue as a "sl***y secretary".

He didn't specifically say that 616 Sue is ****ty. But yeah he could have carefully worded his sentence. Josh comes across as young brash (MTV) generation filmmaker. Like you know foul mouthed and stuff. Whatever is on his mind, he just says it.

He didn't specifically say that 616 Sue is ****ty. But yeah he could have carefully worded his sentence. Josh comes across as young brash (MTV) generation filmmaker. Like you know foul mouthed and stuff. Whatever is on his mind, he just says it.

He said

There have always been two categories of Sue - the sl***y secretary version, and this brilliant scientist version.

With the scientist version he is clearly talking about UFF Sue, but 616 Sue has never been a scientist so that would certainly seem to leave her as the sl***y version. And lets remember that 616 Sue has been around for over 50 years so we can't exactly pretend that he was talking about some other version and he forgot about 616 Sue.

He said

With the scientist version he is clearly talking about UFF Sue, but 616 Sue has never been a scientist so that would certainly seem to leave her as the sl***y version. And lets remember that 616 Sue has been around for over 50 years so we can't exactly pretend that he was talking about some other version and he forgot about 616 Sue.

Some will read that statement like that. Too much over analysis can cause that.

I am just glad Sue is supposedly smart and can match Reed in intellect, in this movie. So glad they didn't go with the boring 616 Sue, which is so outdated. In fact, I wouldn't mind if they display her as the most powerful member of the four. If they emphasise that in the marketing, it will appeal to the female demo a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"