Fant4stic: Reborn! - - - - - - Part 40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trank was coked out of his mind and trashed the place. Then he blamed it on the dogs.

I don't know much about dogs but I don't think dog's teeth are that strong to rip through water pipes.

I think the dog story is complete bull or maybe the dogs may have done some damage but no way they did a full 100k of damage unless the house has a lot of antiques.

if the house had alot of valuable electronics and collectibles.. sure. sounds like part of the damage was irreplaceable stuff too (like the photos he destroyed) the 100,000 probably was part of the court settlement

i still dont understand how three dogs can cause $100,000 in damage unless they chewed on some water pipes or something. this has to be one of the most bizarre stories i've ever read...

The $100,000 figure was probably a tad bit inflated to get a bigger settlement. But it could be that was a very nice house with expensive furnishings - persian rugs, antique chairs, high end window treatments and the like. The costs can quickly add up if you're a director in over you head with no compunction in regards to damaging family photos.

Doing a little research on this Martin Padial that sued Trank. Looks like he's actually in real estate. This meshes with what research I did when we first heard about this. I'm thinking this was a nice, furnished home. Never underestimate the damage dogs can do to furniture, art, or woodwork. Real wood floors can easily be ruined by animals, and they do not come cheap. Not for quality work.

Trank was coked out of his mind and trashed the place. Then he blamed it on the dogs.

Are we sure it was coke? Because Ive been wondering ever since he was rumored to show up on set so high that he couldn't speak.

From the little I know of cocaine, and I know people act/react to drugs differently, but being so high that you can barely talk sounds like weed, shrooms, or something else. Not coke

Dogs probably chewed up a thing or two....but a petulant manchild.....they can do loads of damage.

Dogs probably chewed up a thing or two....but a petulant manchild.....they can do loads of damage.

Most definitely know this from personal experience.

My buddy bought a house and because it was just him in this huge house he let a couple of our friends move in with him. This was a 5 bed, 3 bath house so each got their own bathroom.

The one friend who has always been extremely messy, uncaring etc. would often shower with the curtain outside of the tub because he was an idiot/lazy ass who just didn't care.

He lived there for only a few months and in that few months time his habits caused enough water to get in to the floorboards that they started to rot and caused around $20,000 in damage to the home.

So $100,000 in a few months is extremely doable for someone who is drugged out and with pets.

Are we sure it was coke? Because Ive been wondering ever since he was rumored to show up on set so high that he couldn't speak.

From the little I know of cocaine, and I know people act/react to drugs differently, but being so high that you can barely talk sounds like weed, shrooms, or something else. Not coke

Can anyone confirm for me if Chet Hanks really played Ben's brother? That was the word prior to release, but I haven't seen it. IF he was in the film...

Look, Chet "Haze" is an odd casting choice. Trank seemed to make many of the casting decisions. I don't know what poisons Trank likes, but I do know that Chet Hanks is a drug addict that got hooked on cocaine last year. He went to rehab after Fantastic Four finished its initial shoot. He would have been using during production.

I'm not saying that means Trank used it, too. I'm just saying somebody may have been...

Some highlights from that article:

-Josh Trank has hired pit bull lawyer Marty Singer to help him

-After Trank's dogs caused hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of damage the landlord moved to evict him. Trank responded by defacing all of the landlord's family photos. The landlord filed a lawsuit against Trank that was settled.

-The idea for a darker F4 came from the studio.

-After being evicted Trank spent most of his time hiding in a black tent somewhere in Baton Rouge.

-Trank emailed cast and crew a week ago to tell them how great the movie was. A cast member disagreed.

-Drew Goddard did some uncredited writing and maybe even directing on the movie.

-The studio put together a high level think tank to help save the movie.

-The studio was furious over the Trank tweet and everyone agreed his first cut was a disaster.

Dating back to 2009 when Rothman was still around as the Six Year dead article pointed out.

Dating back to 2009 when Rothman was still around as the Six Year dead article pointed out.

The new regime has been in charge for years though, more than long enough to change that approach. They didn't even hire Trank until 2012 and it's not as if he was the only director or writer to make a pitch Even then they had two years before they started filming.

Do we know that it was really the dogs? What if, while Trank was high, he thought he was a dog and began acting like one and tearing up the furniture himself and then peeing all over it? Then when he finally came to his senses, he had a memory of dogs ravaging the place, but it was really him.

And that article is interesting and funny. He really thinks it's better than 99 percent of the CBMs out there? Well the audience obviously thought so too.

The new regime has been in charge for years though, more than long enough to change that approach. They didn't even hire Trank until 2012 and it's not as if he was the only director or writer to make a pitch Even then they had two years before they started filming.

I know. Only Watts hired Trank but the idea of a darker F4 started being thrown around two years after ROTSS

Vector_dis_gon_b_gud.gif

It wouldn't surprise me if they do find a way to do that someday.

Let me amend that: it's not gonna happen on television in the window that a continuation to this film would be viable.

with the amount of embarrassment that the production of the movie, the actual movie and whatever happens next has caused, you'd think that fox would just want to wash their hands clean of the F4 franchise.

Hopefully something is resolved soon.

Star Wars fans really dodged a bullet...if Trank was at the helm of the Boba Fett movie...it could have been another A level production diaster.

I'm not kidding, in all the years of my life, this movie has had the worst production I've seen.

You're lucky Trank isn't a fan of Boba Fett. We've been told that's why he "quit". ;)

You're lucky Trank isn't a fan of Boba Fett. We've been told that's why he "quit". ;)

He had his heart set on MBJ as young Han Solo & Miles Teller as young Lando & whats his faces name as young Chewbacca

Trank: (to Boba Fett Actor) Yeah don't watch any of the previous Star Wars movies or cartoons and don't read any of the books or comics.

Thank God Lucasfilm finally told him which movie he signed on for. :o

Boba Fett (or Han Solo) would've been grounded and gritty. Another body horror story about a group of young people discovering their powers. That's the only plot Trank has. After that, he's all out of ideas. A one-hit wonder.

The time line was there from the begining and most people here were following it from the script rewrites, to the release date getting pushed back twice. To the question of why no info was getting released well after filming wrapped up, to Trank's behavior being questionable on and off set to Fox shopping around for a new director last minute and Trank clearly being fired or firing himself from Star Wars before Disney could.

with the amount of embarrassment that the production of the movie, the actual movie and whatever happens next has caused, you'd think that fox would just want to wash their hands clean of the F4 franchise.

Hopefully something is resolved soon.

That would require taking their head out of the sand.

They "were afraid of losing the rights so they pressed forward and didn’t surround [Trank] with help or fire him. They buried their heads in the sand.” Fox declined to comment.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fantastic-four-blame-game-fox-814764

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back