Fant4stic: Reborn! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must have been expecting the audience to fling poo at them. :funny:

What if poo accidentally hit an audience member

I guess you could say the s*** hit the fan

LUKCcRH.png

I actually think both of those had more buzz than FF. I heard people mention both those films in conversation prior to release. Outside of this forum, I haven't heard a single mention of FF.

I think this is going to be one of those films for which, when Amazon sends out an e-mail saying the Blu-Ray is available, people will be saying: "Wait, did that come out already?"
I'm waiting for the big last minute push that saved TMNT from box office doom last year and I just don't see it happening with this film. The studio even cancelled 3D. Now I hate 3D so I don't care really but that is an awfully unnerving thing to have happen. "Sorry guys we don't want to put anymore money into this film, have a good day."

"Give us the benefit of the doubt! The Fantastic Four, coming soon to a theatre near you"

You haven't seen the film yet. Watch the film then judge it.

If it scores over 40 on Metacritic, I will but since it will likely be panned (which is rare for tentpoles not directed by Michael Bay), I'll wait until Netflix. Regardless, after this film hits, I'll probably be in the Deadpool, Captain America, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and X-Men forums here. I'll get my FF fix from Byrne, Simonson, Waid and Hickman instead. Probably also Claremont when his run gets reprinted.

I'm trying not to approach this film like how I approached Dredd.

Which was a film that EVERYONE expected to be terrible, but was really freakin great. I only wished I saw it in theaters instead of renting it on redbox.

Which is not only an example of eating dog poo, but also a good argument that you shouldn't see a film just to determine it's bad. :funny:
I was wondering if anyone else would get the reference. Saw it a long long time ago before the net was here to read about movies before you saw them.

To try and give it the benefit of doubt, maybe?
To me....watching a movie that you think you might not like is what cable is for. As you should know from my lists of movies I have watched I post every month.....I watch hundreds of movies of all genres. There are very very many of them that I don't like....so in the end, I am glad I didn't pay to see them in the theater. I believe that pretty much all movies should be seen at least once.....but going to the theater is saved for the ones I am extremely psyched for.

I was wondering if anyone else would get the reference. Saw it a long long time ago before the net was here to read about movies before you saw them.

I had to look it up. I wish I hadn't.

LUKCcRH.png

:funny:

My friend who owned the VHS told us what we were in for before we all agreed. But sitting around with a bunch of college friends and beer made it entertaining.

If I had just popped into a theater without knowing what to expect, I probably would have been scarred for life. :funny:

Considering what I was expecting, yes.

I never expected FF's panel to go anywhere in the first place considering other heavy weights like BvS, SS, Apocalypse. There are already elements of the film that led people to already make up their mind about it regardless of what footage they show and it is completely understandable. It basically boils down to people who are still optimistic about what this film might end up becoming. Heck I don't even see this film as FF as much as I see it as a superhero team that takes a different approach.

At this point, if this is Chronicle 2, screw it, I will give it a go (after checking the reviews).

then shouldn't one just wait for word of mouth or a televised viewing?
Yeah.

To me....watching a movie that you think you might not like is what cable is for. As you should know from my lists of movies I have watched I post every month.....I watch hundreds of movies of all genres. There are very very many of them that I don't like....so in the end, I am glad I didn't pay to see them in the theater. I believe that pretty much all movies should be seen at least once.....but going to the theater is saved for the ones I am extremely psyched for.
I was just wondering if the mood strikes to watch it in theater.

I've now officially seen as many ads for Ricki and the Flash (also opening August 7) on television as I have for this film. I still haven't figured out who the hell Ricki is, but that looks like a far more loyal superhero adaptation than Fantastic Four.

I'm trying not to approach this film like how I approached Dredd.

Which was a film that EVERYONE expected to be terrible, but was really freakin great. I only wished I saw it in theaters instead of renting it on redbox.

Good comparison. I too wish I saw Dredd in theatres

LUKCcRH.png

Okay this made me lol

If the trailer shows us the awful Dark Elf Domashev we saw in the leaked photos it won't be released for at least another week or two.

I was just wondering if the mood strikes to watch it in theater.

I have only went to one movie at the theater that I thought looked terrible before I had seen it. My best friend really wanted someone to see it with and kept asking me to go. When it was over he said "Well, you were right all along...." and then he gave me my money back for making come out to see it.

If the trailer shows us the awful Dark Elf Domashev we saw in the leaked photos it won't be released for at least another week or two.

The Doom on the official cake made to promote the movie (yes, that's a thing) looked identical to the leak. It's the leak with a weird glowing effect added. That's it.

The Doom on the official cake made to promote the movie (yes, that's a thing) looked identical to the leak. It's the leak with a weird glowing effect added. That's it.

In that case I wouldn't be surprised if we never get to see that Comic Con trailer. :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"