Fant4stic: Reborn! - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the point, though. He's not lashing out at the wrong people.

The wrong people are assuming he's lashng out at them, when in fact, he's not talking about them at all. He's addressing a specific portion of the internet community.

It's pretty simple. If you're not a troll, you don't need to take offense when someone addresses the trolls. Along the same lines, if you're not acting with an air of entitlement, you don't need to get offended when someone points out that entitlement exists in the fanboy world.

Quite a few people seem to feel the need to defend themselves against something they've not even personally been accused of. It's all very dramatic.

Honestly, if this film exposed anything, it's the basic comprehension and communicaton issues that are rampant online

(Someone from the production says "X")

FAN IN QUESTION: "Why, they must mean 'Y'! They certainly don't mean 'X'!"
When did you become his interpreter?

MJB, Trank and Millar have made it all clear in various ways how they feel about people who don't support this movie.

Are Peyton Reed and the cast of Ant-man having all kinds of hissy fits on twitter or in interviews due to Ant-man reluctance?

Did James Gunn call his skeptics all kinds of names prior to the release of GOTG or did he rise up to the challenge of proving many of them wrong?

and yet it's the defenders always bringing it up.... be it hypsters or the cast and crew...

we've been off the race discussion for a while before it was brought up yet again...

This post invited the whole debate.

As you can see, the purpose of that post is not to invite race issue debate. But rather it is an encouragement for those to check out MBJ's performance as the Human Torch.

Then Docker 2.0 made a comment about how he/she was confused about why it is such a big issue. Because it was a reply to a subject in my post, I responded saying there are people on the internet who are trolls and are making a deal. You said this. Then chain reaction, baby!

You said it and it is understandable. But that's got nothing to do with the complaining that happened before he said "arrogant things". Right?

Last edited:
some of them have said they have no intention of seeing film or will buy ticket for another film to see FF.They have every right not to see film but others would like to.

That is why it would be best to bring back postive and hope threads.The hope one can be for those who hate film and the postive one can be for those who want to see film.There would be no arguements anymore on film.

I can see the temptation for it to be resurrected and even secured for certain posters only this time, but I think this was covered last time when mods said they wouldn't turn these boards into an echo chamber. I can respect the frustration of posters who wish things were different, but barring threads of the wrong sort of poster just seems like the sort of entitlement certain posters have accused others of.

Would be good if there was a thread for people anticipating to discuss the content of the movie and speculate free from the "I want it to fail" crowds interference and vice versa.

True but 90% of the time they discuss the production and the politics over the movie content. Only content ive really seen discussed here is lamenting Doom is a blogger but not speculation over what he blogs about, if it's his job or just a hobby, how much will it feature in the movie ect, as well as lamenting the adopted sibling relationship over the biological without discussion over how if at all it changes the dynamic. People have said it changes everything but not often is it said how it changes anything in the context of the movies story and plot.

Speculation of story, how the characters will change throughout, the score, the acting, how the military fits in, what happens to the N-Zone tech, the ending, the sequel and foreshadowing and so forth don't get to be discussed much as the focus is always either on the production, marketing & business side of things or those two above issues that come up again and again but never delve into how they will be in the story.

I don't see much of a problem to be honest. If people wish to discuss the politics more often it could be because they find that aspect more interesting. You acknowledge they do discuss the content of the movie, but seem to suggest not as often as you like or what you seem to perceive as the correct way. If it's not the conversation you wish to have and there's an atmosphere that frustrates you then you don't have to engage them. There are clearly other posters who lean more towards your views who will engage with you. You could even do what marvelrobbins has done and make use of the ignore feature for posters who bother you most.

Last edited:
In an ideal world there'd been an even balance between discussing the production and speculation and discussion over the content.

Imo content is much more important to discuss and speculate about as when all is said and done that's what matters as how the movie came to be is forgotten after release

As you can see, the purpose of that post is not to invite race issue debate. But rather it is an encouragement for those to check out MBJ's performance as the Human Torch.

Then Docker 2.0 made a comment about how he/she was confused about why it is such a big issue. Because it was a reply to a subject in my post, I responded saying there are people on the internet who are trolls and are making a deal. You said this. Then chain reaction, baby!

You said it and it is understandable. But that's got nothing to do with the complaining that happened before he said "arrogant things". Right?

umm you linked to the page of posts.. not the post it's self.

what brought up the whole topic was MBJ "racist troll" comments

I can see the temptation for it to be resurrected and even secured for certain posters only this time, but I think this was covered last time when mods said they wouldn't turn these boards into an echo chamber. I can respect the frustration of posters who wish things were different, but barring threads of the wrong sort of poster just seems like the sort of entitlement certain posters have accused others of.

I don't see much of a problem to be honest. If people wish to discuss the politics more often it could be because they find that aspect more interesting. You acknowledge they do discuss the content of the movie, but seem to suggest not as often as you like or what you seem to perceive as the correct way. If it's not the conversation you wish to have and there's an atmosphere that frustrates you then you don't have to engage them. There are clearly other posters who lean more towards your views who will engage with you. You could even do what marvelrobbins has done and make use of the ignore feature for posters who bother you most.

it's funny.. the people that want a pure positive thread are the first people to complain when those threads are dead and they run out of things to talk about.

umm you linked to the page of posts.. not the post it's self.

what brought up the whole topic was MBJ "racist troll" comments

It should direct you to the specific post not the top of the page. It's working for me.

Anyway I was talking about the post where I quoted Gabriel Gray's related comments about Fantastic Four..

Last edited:
It should direct you to the specific post not the top of the page. It's working for me.

Anyway it is the post where I quoted Gabriel Gray's related comments about Fantastic Four..

try again... the first post on the link is mine purely about Jurassic World.. and didn't mention MBJ or race issues at all

try again... the first post on the link is mine purely about Jurassic World.. and didn't mention MBJ or race issues at all

I swear when I click the link in the quote below

I get directed to post #727. Not the top of the page where you talk about JW. My post is actually right after your JW post.

Maybe its your browser, never mind then. But you now know what post I am talking about? I was talking about Gabriel's comments on the film.

I swear when I click the link in the quote below

I get directed to post #727. Not the top of the page where you talk about JW. My post is actually right after your JW post.

Maybe its your browser, never mind then. But you now know what post I am talking about? I was talking about Gabriel's comments on the film.

well regardless.. those posts really arn't what started it.. but ok :huh: *shrugs

it's kinda pointless to point fingers anyway..

I agree, they will invite a new wave of pointless discussions.

Anyway, to change the subject. Did anyone check out this video interview? I seemed to have missed it.

[YT]zf6c9MZ2tik[/YT]

Fantastic Four ‏@FANT4STICS
New illustration of the inter-dimensional portal from Reed Richards notebook. #FantasticFour

CHkCwFYUEAAdTnd.jpg

That's pretty close to it actually. Reed, Sue and Johnny are not disabled. The powers would be a burden but really they can appear normal most of the time. Don't really like the Ben analogy, but I understand it. He would get both sides of the coin. Extra abilities, but the Thing appearance on the other side of it.

And if the rumors about how the Thing is handled are true, even *he* doesn't have a real disability. Which would be a quite epic example of subverting your own allegations.

I always analyzed it as that the X-Men were the next step in Human Evolution. Their existence was a living reminder that the Humans' time on Earth is almost over. The humans fear this and respond the way they do to Mutants.

Which is utter irrational non-sense. The mutants who will be "replacing" humans will be our own children. You might as well be horrified by the fact that, in a few decades, all the people of your generation will be dead and replaced by an entire new generation of people.

When did you become his interpreter?

I'm not interpreting anything he says. I don't need to. He's speaking plain English, and using groupings of words and concepts that have accepted definitions and meanings in context.

MJB, Trank and Millar have made it all clear in various ways how they feel about people who don't support this movie.

I must have missed the interview where any of them made a blanket statement about people who don't support this movie.

Are Peyton Reed and the cast of Ant-man having all kinds of hissy fits on twitter or in interviews due to Ant-man reluctance?

I don't really consider this, or much of anything anyone associated with the film has said to date to be a "hissy fit". He wrote a fairly intelligent letter on a socially relevant subject.

Did James Gunn call his skeptics all kinds of names prior to the release of GOTG or did he rise up to the challenge of proving many of them wrong?

Where has anyone associated with this production called anyone "all kinds of names"? So far I've seen someone call a vague group of people on the internet "trolls".

Last edited:
Which is utter irrational non-sense. The mutants who will be "replacing" humans will be our own children. You might as well be horrified by the fact that, in a few decades, all the people of your generation will be dead and replaced by an entire new generation of people.

LOL! That's some funny stuff right there.

That kind of looks like an enormous, stadium sized doohicky, and then they build a much smaller version.

In an ideal world there'd been an even balance between discussing the production and speculation and discussion over the content.

Imo content is much more important to discuss and speculate about as when all is said and done that's what matters as how the movie came to be is forgotten after release

You're conveniently ignoring the fact that Fox didn't release any content for this movie at all until they absolutely had to, so there was nothing to discuss about this movie other than the negative rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"