Fantastic Four reborn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they are about to release Epic Mickey which I've played and is pretty awesome.

But they didn't develop it. Most big gaming distributors outsource other developers or have developers within their company.

Actually Disney owns Warren Spector's Junction Point Studios, which is developing Epic Mickey. Nowadays publishers are developing their games internally and most independent developers are getting left in the dust. You have to be a major player like Insomniac, Valve, Respawn Entertainment in order to have any success nowadays.

Disney Interactive Studios owns the following studios:

Avalanche Software (Toy Story 3: The Video Game)
Black Rock Studio (Pure, Split/Second: Velocity)
Fall Line Studios (Ultimate Band)
Junction Point Studios (Epic Mickey)
Propaganda Games (Turok, Tron: Evolution)
Wideload Games (Guilty Party)
Tapulous (Tap Tap)
Playdom (Social City)

Which makes him a bad director. A good director makes SOME compromises with the studio and producers but NEVER, EVER loses HIS vision. See Christopher Nolan with Batman or James Cameron with Avatar. If you do, you walk.

Those are actually very poor examples since Nolan and Cameron are directors with carte blanche. They don't compromise period simply because the studio gives them whatever they want, no questions asked.

I am not trying to defend Story, but make no mistake - he was an employee of Fox, hired to do a job just like any other member of the crew. The FF was never going to be "his vision" - it was always going to be Fox's vision. Remember, the only reason we got Dr. Doom in a mask at all in the first movie was because Story pushed for it [the costume designer had already made it but Fox did not want to use it] - otherwise it would have be a metal skinned mess.

Agreed! I can't believe how many of you guys are just bashing this guy for the f of it. It's the same thing with the Wolverine movie. Gavin Hood was only given so much lee way but Rothman sticks his nose in it so now you have 2 Emma Frost in two different time periods but yet their is continuity?! :huh: And I can bet my cheeseburger WITH fries that Wolverine(Jackman)will pop up as a cameo in that Xmen first class crapfest in the making.

Yeah, I just bash directors for the f of it.....most that have anything to say about story followed the movies from the beginning, we gave extremely detailed reasons for our opinions....they are opinions, and not just for the f of it...who has time for that?

Evidently you do!! :argh:

What I meant was Story is getting a lot of heat for this when I honestly believe Fox is more to blame for this. Look at their track record when it comes to superhero movies with directors who had great movies. The common denominator is Fox.

We all did put our reasons out there about Story a long time ago....and yes of course Fox holds most of the blame, but we aren't talking about $$$$ put up for the franchise, or opening dates, or CGI, etc.....we are talking about a director and the work with the actors. That has nothing to do with Fox, that has everything to do with the Director and relationship with actors. We of course blame Fox for choosing Story and not a better director in the first place, so of course most of the blame goes to Fox.

My point was, no one here is just "bashing Story, to bash him" they have good reasons and have given them quite well over the years....most that have a problem with story DO NOT just bash people, to bash them....

On this thread as well as the F4 forum, Fox has had the most anger levied at them, that has been a constant, so its kind of rhetorical to say that Fox deserves more blame than Story, no one here has said otherwise, nor does the history of debate on this forum say anything different....

Well I want Doom to be sold back to Marvel/Disney more than anything...Doom deserves to be a mega threat to the Avengers and all other character...imagine a huge movie where Doom pretty much has total control over all? Adapt the Emperor Doom Graphic Novel and that would be an amazing movie right there...

Jessica Alba sounds so... ditzy there. It's one thing for the actor to contribute his/her thoughts to the director and help shape the character and to improvise a bit, but at the end of the day you do want the director wants you to do. Everyone has their style, Favreau and Apatow are big on improv. Others are very strict with the script. Hell, Hitchcock often used to just give actors specific actions to perform, not even delving into what makes the character tick. I think an actor should trust their instincts when in-character, but if that's not what the director wants then that's just not what the director wants.

Well with most print media.....it is hard to know the exact context of the quote. The writer can place in any way they want to get the result that they want.

Who knows what she was actually saying in the full context...

I understand but
Jessica Alba said:
Good actors never use the script unless it's amazing writing. All the good actors I've worked with, they all say whatever they want to say.
I can't figure out a context that she can say this in and have it not be just comical.

I guess it's all we have to talk about at the moment, but I'm beyond the old films. . . though please continue because it gives me something to read.

On the bright side, it's been VERY quiet on the news front and I think that bodes well. A few more months and I think we'll be able to safely assume the rights will go back to Marvel/Disney.

That would definitely be a win...

I guess it's all we have to talk about at the moment, but I'm beyond the old films. . . though please continue because it gives me something to read.

On the bright side, it's been VERY quiet on the news front and I think that bodes well. A few more months and I think we'll be able to safely assume the rights will go back to Marvel/Disney.

Exactly what I was thinking! I remember hearing Fox was going to reboot then Disney stating how they wanted all the Marvel characters back, particularly the Fantastic Four, which is perfect for Disney and now all has gone silent. Dare I say Disney is doing some back door dealing and will get them back? If Disney some how got the rights back, I think Disney will some how make the Fantastic Four the new Wolverine of Marvel. They seem to be tailor made for a Disney corporation.

Exactly what I was thinking! I remember hearing Fox was going to reboot then Disney stating how they wanted all the Marvel characters back, particularly the Fantastic Four, which is perfect for Disney and now all has gone silent. Dare I say Disney is doing some back door dealing and will get them back? If Disney some how got the rights back, I think Disney will some how make the Fantastic Four the new Wolverine of Marvel. They seem to be tailor made for a Disney corporation.

Imagine a Pirates of the Caribbean sized FF epic.

That's an exciting thought!

Fox has till next summer to pull the trigger on the next FF, BOTH of the other ones were produced in less than a year, I doubt this one will be any different.

But I TOO hope it goes back to Marvel...

I actually think Disney will get the rights back to everything except Xmen and Spidey.

Man, all this talk about Disney possibly having acquired the film rights is nice. I sure hope so.

I'm not so happy about Disney getting all of the rights. They'll just make the films all kiddie-like. I was pretty disappointed when I heard that Disney is on The Avengers now. That film is going to start off so awkwardly with the whole Disney castle opening and the fireworks. Eww. Don't get me wrong, I love Disney films. Good for the whole family. But I do not want to see my favorite comic books under the influence of Disney. I'd much rather have FF still at FOX and Spidey at Sony if it means keeping those characters away from the "House of Mouse". Makes my stomach turn just thinking about it.

Just saw the interview with Jessica Alba (late, I know). Um...critical misstep for her to go there. She practically read bitter in that article, and I think it may be difficult for her to 'come back' from that. The one thing you never want to do is make enemies in the industry. It never bodes well for an actor's immediate future. Ask Megan Fox. :dry:

Not saying what she had to say doesn't have merit. Clearly, in retrospect, Tim Story was an epic fail. But it is a bit late to bash your former employer now. And at this point, it just comes across unprofessional and...did I say, bitter?

Last edited:
...and it's kinda the director's job. Plus... the script is kinda a major tool for your craft. Oh and lets not forget that the writer is an artist too.

:ff: :ff: :ff:

Does FOX own the rights or does Constantin Film's since they are the ones who had to make the Roger Cormon film plus the big screen film? I have a feeling FOX no longer cares, and Constatin is going to focus on doing more films with Paul W.S Anderson as from the looks of it his movies bring them the most money while FF hasn't been too impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"