• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Far Cry 4 Thread

Definitely gonna have a blast with this. Far Cry 3 is one of my favorite last gen games and I've spent countless hours in Far Cry 3 just fooling around on the island. Can't wait to find fun and crazy things to do in Far Cry 4!:awesome:

Far Cry 4 is somewhere between 15 and 60 hours long

If Far Cry 4 is anything like Far Cry 3 – and it seems like it is – then you’ll get out as much as you put in in terms of play time.

This hasn’t stopped people nagging Ubisoft for a solid answer as to how long the game is. Director Alex Hutchinson has said that an average playthrough will last 35 hours, but narrative director Mark Thompson has provided figures from either extreme.

"Because we know the game can take people anywhere between 15 and 60 hours to complete, we didn't want people just to see Pagan Min everywhere," Narrative Director Mark Thompson told IGN

He continued to explain that the influence of Far Cry's villain contributes to the scope and breadth of Far Cry 4's size. "We wanted the world to feel like it was owned by someone, we wanted you to feel Pagan Min everywhere. But, specifically, region to region, we have a different character who owns it, and that kind of colors the outposts, the side-quests, the specific characters and personalities."

Last edited:
Midlands of Kyrat trailer:

[YT]L2AFhpUER_Y#t=14[/YT]

Gahhhh I wish this would hurry up and come out!

[YT]nTA2Ky8Ap9M[/YT]

New Far Cry 4 Story Trailer

Ubisoft has released another new trailer for Far Cry 4, this one explaining why the game's main character Ajay Ghale decided to journey to the war-torn country of Kyrat at the start of the game. While travelling to Kyrat to fulfill your mother’s dying wish, you find yourself in a middle of a civil war between the Golden Path and the tyrant Pagan Min. But in order to win this fight, you must break the stalemate between Amita and Sabal, the two leaders of the Golden Path. Will you make the right choice?

• Find Out What Brings Far Cry 4’s Ajay Ghale Back To Kyrat

Preview
    on Nov 04, 2014 at 11:03 AM
    pc-icon.png

Far Cry 4 isn't just about elephants and explosions. It has a story.
    ... More

source: EPN.TV & GI

Great stuff.

Yea I can't wait. Really getting in to the thick of this awesome fall with these new releases

The score is now available to listen to on Spotify, but its on Cliff Martinez's page so you'll need to search for his name. Searching for "Far Cry 4" doesnt seem to work.

So I finished listening to the score, and IMO its a major step down from Brian Tyler's Far Cry 3 score.

Obviously the score isnt a huge issue, but Tyler's score and theme for Far Cry 3 is aces imo and something I still listen to on my phone while at work, and Martinez's Far Cry 4 score doesnt even come close. It may work fine as background noise in the game, but by itself its just meh.

Seems like it could be a 7/10 from gamespot
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/far-cry-4-review/

He says that the good things about FC 3 are still present and as fun as ever, but the story and characters are even worse.
Sounds to me his problem with the story and characters comes from a disingenuous PC mindset that's becoming more and more common. "One of the characters is foreign?! AND a rebel?! Wait! Did the foreign rebel just speak english with an ACCENT?!?! That's racist as ****!"

I'll take his opinion with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Eh, It's either this or dragon age and I'm leaning towards DA:I. There's something off about this game I feel, and it's Ubisoft, the beautiful team of people responsible for the perfect, flawless launch of Assassins Creed: Unity on Tuesday, which I had the wonderful pleasure of playing that exact day.......and realizing that the game is 3/4 finished.

Be careful guys, wait for the reviews obviously. I got dooped with AC:U on launch day due to my hype for the game. I will always wait for reviews before a game launches, period. No matter what the game is.......okay except for Arkham Knight. I would spend 80 dollars just to play that e3 demo on repeat.

I haven't pre ordered a game since LEGO Marvel Super heroes. And only because it was only 50 bucks and I knew it wouldn't disappoint. lol. These recent releases are really reminding me to always wait for reviews.

IGN has posted their preliminary review of Far Cry 4 and they loved it. The main campaign is hit or miss like in Far Cry 3, but the world of Kyrat the exploring the outposts and side quests are all aces it seems and there doesn't appear to be any of the bug issues that Unity is suffering from. http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/14/far-cry-4-review

Far Cry 4 Early Reviews Round-up:

Eurogamer - 8/10
Viseogamer - 8/10
Joystiq - 4.5/5
The Guardian - 5/5
Destruction - 9/10
CVG - 9/10
Metro - 9/10
Gamesradar - 4/5
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/far-cry-4-review-roundup/1100-6423604/

Looks like we've got a great game here!:awesome:

Want to know a big difference?

AC Unity and Far Cry 4 had virtually the same release date. The difference? Far Cry 4 was actually playable at E3. Unity was not.

They actually let us play through some sequences in Far Cry 4 but not Unity even though it was due out in a matter of months.

I have a question. I was thinking about getting this, though I haven't really played any of the Far Cry games in the past. A few hours here and there, but not much. My brother played through Far Cry 3, and though he liked it he said that the shooting isn't the best. Apparently the guns don't feel great, huge crosshairs and the enemy feedback to being shot isn't the best.

Has that changed this time around?

I am considering picking this up. Really happy to hear it's actually a good game.

Sounds to me his problem with the story and characters comes from a disingenuous PC mindset that's becoming more and more common. "One of the characters is foreign?! AND a rebel?! Wait! Did the foreign rebel just speak english with an ACCENT?!?! That's racist as ****!"

I'll take his opinion with a grain of salt.

Yea im beyond tired of that bulls**t. I saw this great cartoon that perfectly captured how the gaming media has changed within the last 20 or so years and that garbage mindset was the punchline.

This game is prob number one on my list for this fall and I'm stoked to see the game will unlock at 12:01 am est. Iv alresdy got the full game and season pass downloaded and ready to go

I have a question. I was thinking about getting this, though I haven't really played any of the Far Cry games in the past. A few hours here and there, but not much. My brother played through Far Cry 3, and though he liked it he said that the shooting isn't the best. Apparently the guns don't feel great, huge crosshairs and the enemy feedback to being shot isn't the best.

Has that changed this time around?
I haven't played 3 in a while, so I can't specifically address his criticisms, but for what it's worth, Far Cry 3 is one of my all-time favorite FPS games. The weapons felt far more realistic than others like Call of Duty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"