The Dark Knight Rises Far out idea for BB3 (Major Change from Source)

EHTNAMTAB

Civilian
Reaction score
OK so it is establiushed that whilst TDK was ace -and it was - the problem it had, if any, was that Bruce Wayne became a supporting character.

So, how about the following as a way for Bruce to be very much the main character again, whilst adding new villains to the series.

Bruce Wayne is Black mask.

Bear with me

Following the events of TDK, Wayne decides that he now must become an outcast in Gotham. But more than that, he decides to take the fight straight to the remians of the traditional mob, and the new-on-the-scene freaks. He assumes the name Black mask (it is revealed in flashback that there was an orginal Black Mask -sionis - but he was killed accidentally in a fight with the batman).

Now, with a triple identity, Wayne seeks to send the mob memebers on fools errands, so they can be caught by the outlaw batman (who is himself hunted by the police), whilst attempting to get close the upper echelons of the freaks.

However, seemingly as an unrealted story at first, but gradually posing a threat to Wayne, Eddie Nashton he become obsessed with the identity of Batman and determines to find out who he is. Throughout the film, he discovers Black masks true identity and Wayne msut attempt to find Riddler before being exposed to the cops, the mob and the freaks.

If BB was inspired by Bond Movies and Blade Runner, and TDK by Heat, then this thired installment is very much the departed, with Wayne trying to play both sides. Also, it shows the student finally learning another trick from his mentor (Ducard), suggesting things have come full circle, in a sense.

I would see the reveal happening about 1/3rd of the way through the film.

Also, i could see dual marketing campaign going on, "Who is Batman" and "Who is Black Mask", both hinting at the riddler (as in, he's the one asking the question)
Anyone think this could be an effetcive starting point at least?

OK so it is establiushed that whilst TDK was ace -and it was - the problem it had, if any, was that Bruce Wayne became a supporting character.

So, how about the following as a way for Bruce to be very much the main character again, whilst adding new villains to the series.

Bear with me

Following the events of TDK, Wayne decides that he now must become an outcast in Gotham. But more than that, he decides to take the fight straight to the remians of the traditional mob, and the new-on-the-scene freaks. He assumes the name Black mask (it is revealed in flashback that there was an orginal Black Mask -sionis - but he was killed accidentally in a fight with the batman).

Now, with a triple identity, Wayne seeks to send the mob memebers on fools errands, so they can be caught by the outlaw batman (who is himself hunted by the police), whilst attempting to get close the upper echelons of the freaks.

However, seemingly as an unrealted story at first, but gradually posing a threat to Wayne, Eddie Nashton he become obsessed with the identity of Batman and determines to find out who he is. Throughout the film, he discovers Black masks true identity and Wayne msut attempt to find Riddler before being exposed to the cops, the mob and the freaks.

If BB was inspired by Bond Movies and Blade Runner, and TDK by Heat, then this thired installment is very much the departed, with Wayne trying to play both sides. Also, it shows the student finally learning another trick from his mentor (Ducard), suggesting things have come full circle, in a sense.

Also, i could see dual marketing campaign going on, "Who is Batman" and "Who is Black Mask", both hinting at the riddler (as in, he's the one asking the question)

I'm somewhat speechless. I don't know whether to flame you or shake your hand.:wow:

Please, submit your crazy ass else-world tales to DC comics. That's so confusing and out of mythos context that they'd prolly make it a graphic novel.

But as a movie, I say respectfully, "No thanks".

- Jow

I'm not a big fan of this idea, but that's just me.

Apologies if this is a bit too different from ther source, just trying to think of an good way to a put a twist ion the new film, and have a villain that out does the joker (effetviely, batman himself!)

Also, Begins wasn't inspired by Bond films. The recent Bond films were effected by Begins.

Im sure there was a story int he comics where wayne went undercover ins the mob, im not sure

Anyway, jsut a suggestion :)

at least you had an idea ...a good one too...but dont take critics in here to serious...most of em dont even have alternatives....just: i dont like or, no way this would work ...bruce already has three characters...batman ...bruce the millionaire and bruce with his rage against crime....now hte idea of sending a villain or twist for bruce in a sneaky way i really like...created from the things already happened...who knows what they gonna invent ...if ...they...another film isnt really needed ...but nolan this bastard, left all others, who maybe attempt to make a further one, in a very difficult and unpleasent situation ....

I'm not so big on this idea.
It's the triple identity thing.

If Black Mask was in it, and b-man and the riddler happened to be there too, that'd be just dandy. haha.

I have a idea.

Bruce Wayne is Bruce Wayne.
Bruce Wayne is Batman.

:cwink:

I couldn't bear with you. I stopped reading at Bruce Wayne as Black Mask. Well, actually, I stopped reading at "bear with me." Wow, I read that far?

haha, That's pretty funny actually.

I couldn't bear with you. I stopped reading at Bruce Wayne as Black Mask. Well, actually, I stopped reading at "bear with me." Wow, I read that far?

LOL, That's exactly where I stopped. :wow: But I picked up again after reading people's responses...just too horribly awesome to not finish. :word:

~HoH~

Bear with me

Terrible idea, If Nolan wanted to make Spider-Man 3 or Batman & Robin type of film then he should contact you.:o:oldrazz::whatever::hehe:

Don't listen to the cranky folks. You have a pretty good idea, actually. I'd just replace Black Mask with the more traditional Matches Malone or something along those lines. No need to ruin a good, big-time villain when there's already a character in the mythos that has the exact same purpose you put forth.

I'd throw in Riddler is really Ras, therefore another TWIST! Riddler knew all along that Bruce was batman, and was playing him like a fiddle!

Very good concept actually. Gordon could be in on it too.

And Black Mask could work, since obviously you'd never see his face (or at least the mobsters wouldn't). Though wouldn't this mean Bruce Wayne would have to kill people to reinforce his cred as a crime lord?

Hmmmmmm.........nevermind. Not so great idea.

Oh well, it was interesting i guess :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"