World Fav Superman foe

Duskbyday

Civilian
Reaction score
There are tons, I know loads will choose Luthor but what about the others? Who are your fav super foes?

Liverwire :hehe:

But seriously, I like Braniac, Bizarro Doomsday, Zod and Livewire.

I know people rag on him for being over-used, but Luthor is still a fantastic villain when used right. Brainiac's always fun too, and I have a soft spot for Bizarro.

My favorite has always been/ is/ and I suppose will always be Lex Luthor. Even if I'm not a fan of the current Luthor.
I think Lex is amazingly great. Of course I like Brainiac, parasite and Zod (when treated like Jax-Ur) a lot too. And I think the last version of the Eradicator is great.
Nevertheless, I think there is a waste of potential for Bizarro and that Cyborg superman doesn't suit in the Superman universe. I find him boring and bad. I think the capacities and potental of the character work better in the GL universe, and I think right now (with green rings, or yellow, head of the manhunters) he is an mzing character and a great GL villain. I hope he will stay that way a long time.
About Bizarro, I do not like the whole dumb doppelganger idea. I find it stupid and it makes him one of the worst superman villains. I preferred an evil version of Supes. Like I interpretated the character in superman 3, or like he was in Smallville. I think most of his success is due to his iconic visual, but for the writing : lame. Lame and bad.
I am disappointed by this villain.

Lex Luthor. Whether he's wearing prison greys, a lab coat, or green and purple armor, whether he's running a corporation, trying to drive up the value of some worthless desert in California, or trying to Krypto-form the globe so he can run the place, my favourite villain is Lex Luthor.

The rest are good (I'm one of the few people who doesn't lament Supes rogue's gallery) but Lex is the best.

Don't know much about Superman's villains, but I'll vote for General Zod and Livewire. Never cared much for Lex Luthor.

Darkseid's my favourite followed very closely by Brainiac. I love Lex aswell but I don't choose him cause I actually don't believe he's totally a villain in his eyes he's the hero.

It's always going to be Lex for me. But businessman Lex.

He's my favourite Superman villain, he's my favourite villain of all time in general.

He has such an extraordinary kind of power, gained by this great facade of being the philanthropist. He's the absolute definition of a psychopath to me, but at the highest level of influence... which is just so terrifying.

I like the idea of a villain that cannot be beaten - not because he is too physically strong, but because he has too much sway. Over the public, over the government, over important people in power. He's smart and he's patient and he always covers his back.

He basically represents everything that is wrong with the system. Greed, corruption, people turning a blind eye and taking bribes, being intimidated into silence. A second hand criminal with no accountability.

Everything that Superman is basically fighting to change, is personified in this man. And so in a way, Lex represents the first hurdle in fixing the system... it just happens to be a very very hard hurdle to complete. He's the best. He's the first domino in a way... take him out and all the other corrupt parts of the system start to loose their nerve, start to make mistakes in their haste to not fall the same way.

People underestimate the strength of that kind of villain within a story.

Businessman Lex is my favorite arch enemy, but I love every fight between Superman and Metallo.

Lex Luthor, Brainiac, and Liverwire are my favorite Superman foes.

Luthor. But it is a no brainer. The question is, who comes next?
I'd say Brainiac through the JL and superman cartoon but I found it lame almost all the time in comics. The Eradicator isin fact likethe cartoon Brainiac, which is cool. Zod is cool but I'm tired of him, I do enjoy more Jax Ur and Mala in S:Tas.
Darkseid is always a great bad guy. And Metallo, Parasite and Bizarro are often better when they are treated differently than the canon.
Also, I think Dommsday s*cks hard.
I think the bad guy called Preus was pretty cool, even if he was a bit 2-dimensionnal.
I keep waiting for a clever Bizarro, the dumb one seems just out of place and make me think the Superman bad guys are laughable :dry:
Overall, I think the Superman Rogue gallery lacks some personnality. I think I would like to see most of them asdifferent Gods, able to be Darkseidminions, or just huger concepts like it was the case in All Star Superman.

I think the more practical (for Science Fiction anyways) villains are the best.

I like Luthor and Metallo and Parasite the best.

I always wished Darkseid would be used more and in less of a ruler-God capacity. It would be neat to see him as just a straight up powerful villain without any ties to Kalibak, Granny Goodness and his planet altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"