The Dark Knight Rises Which of the 3 movies had the best cinematography?

I felt like TDK's was too clean, as in the city was too realistic and everything felt kind of bland as compared to BB and Rises, which are more stylized, perhaps it is because of the inclusion of the LOS in both, as they bring in a more ethnic, exotic theme to the cinematography especially in the training of Bruce in BB and the pit in Rises

TDK certainly has the most memorable cinematography for me– nothing in the trilogy can beat that joker truck chase sequence.

I love TDK. One of my favorite scenes is when we see Rachel walking onto the balcony from behind to talk to Bruce at the fundraiser. The blue hue, the subtle wind blowing her dress, the skyline. There's a certain ambiance to that shot that's really beautiful.

I'm gonna have to let this sink in once the Bluray comes out.

My issue is that the IMAX shots from TDKR blew me away. That said, I never saw TDK in IMAX.

Then again, TDK had some INCREDIBLY stunning work (Batman over the rubble, or Batman mourning the loss of Rachel in his penthouse).

I'm gonna have to compare the two on bluray. Batman Begins has the most artistic take though in terms of the cinematography.

While the more stylized light dominating much of The Dark Knight and Inception, what Wally does with shadow and framing in Rises is unparalleled in his own career, and frankly, nearly so in the world of film. Shadows dance across characters faces with amazing ease, often with seemingly very few light sources. It features deeper blacks and consistently uses a technique to block out background detail to jump out the foreground- the sewer scene is mostly blocked out shadows so Bane jumps out of the screen, along with the low depth of field shots of Gordon and Alfred in the last ten minutes.

It's more difficult to 'read' Wally's photography in Rises because shots linger so much less than they do in The Dark Knight, but it certainly features more technical mastery and precision, even if it doesn't suit your own aesthetic photographic preferences.

-Vader

Those are some very good points Vader. Wally shot the film brilliantly technical wise. I think when the film comes out on Blu-Ray, we'll truly be able to appreciate it more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"