Favorite Fight sequences

Mistah K88

Civilian
Reaction score
After watching "Identity Crisis" I just had to know what everyone's favorite fight sequences on this show were. This show seems to have the best animated fight sequences I have ever seen. What would you favorites be and why? Do you care for any of the battle music at all?

For myself, I have to say I enjoyed the Green Goblin fight in "the Uncertainty Principle". Gobby had some of his best lines there and everything on the inside of the iron mill was...well...spectacular. Tombstone was stabbed in the back with the Pumpkin knives and I happened to like the Green Goblin theme remixed into a battle theme.

The Venom fight in Identity Crisis was the longest and one of the best fights I have ever seen. Venom is a beast in this one and it is so brutal it makes his first confrontation with Spidey look like a minor slap fight. Sure the school is like 40 floors high according to that fight but it was especially creepy and horror movie like as the symbiote lifted Venom up from his fall

The Sinister Six were whooped hard in "Group Therapy". I especially like what the symbiote did to Sandman. My sister watch the fight with me when it aired and she even had to say "dang Spider-Man...you're kinda killing people." Even though I knew that none of them were dead, I felt that it was whoopin on the supervillains pretty hard.

Doc Ock's fight with Spider-Man in "Shear Strength" although short, was pretty sweet. As with Green Goblin's fight, I really enjoyed the Doctor Octopus theme remixed into a battle theme.

Last edited:
- The Group Therapy battles between Symbiote Spidey and the Sinister Six
- Doc Ock's throwdown with Spidey in Shear Strength
- Venom's all out brawl in Identity Crisis
- Rhino's battle in his first episode
- The Lizard battle on the subway train

These fights rocked the most!!!

- The Group Therapy battles between Symbiote Spidey and the Sinister Six
- Doc Ock's throwdown with Spidey in Shear Strength
- Venom's all out brawl in Identity Crisis
- Rhino's battle in his first episode
- The Lizard battle on the subway train

These fights rocked the most!!!

You're spot on, those are some of my favorites, I can't remember those last 2 you mentioned, but beside those top 3, I think Mysterio Battle was pretty cool as well.

After watching "Identity Crisis" I just had to know what everyone's favorite fight sequences on this show were. This show seems to have the best animated fight sequences I have ever seen. What would you favorites be and why? Do you care for any of the battle music at all?

For myself, I have to say I enjoyed the Green Goblin fight in "the Uncertainty Principle". Gobby had some of his best lines there and everything on the inside of the iron mill was...well...spectacular. Tombstone was stabbed in the back with the Pumpkin knives and I happened to like the Green Goblin theme remixed into a battle theme.

The Venom fight in Identity Crisis was the longest and one of the best fights I have ever seen. Venom is a beast in this one and it is so brutal it makes his first confrontation with Spidey look like a minor slap fight. Sure the school is like 40 floors high according to that fight but it was especially creepy and horror movie like as the symbiote lifted Venom up from his fall

The Sinister Six were whooped hard in "Group Therapy". I especially like what the symbiote did to Sandman. My sister watch the fight with me when it aired and she even had to say "dang Spider-Man...you're kinda killing people." Even though I knew that none of them were dead, I felt that it was whoopin on the supervillains pretty hard.

Doc Ock's fight with Spider-Man in "Shear Strength" although short, was pretty sweet. As with Green Goblin's fight, I really enjoyed the Doctor Octopus theme remixed into a battle theme.

That lifting up with tendrils part reminded me of something out of The Thing, creepy really. And that black suit Spidey fight with SS was awesome, the scary part being that Spider-Man was silent throughout the battle :D.

Last edited:
yea i agree the show has some of the best fight squences in an animated show.

vs. Venom (Identity Crisis)
vs. the Sinister Six (Group Therapy)
vs. Venom (Nature vs. Nurture)
vs. the Lizard (Natural Selection)
vs. the Green Goblin (The Uncertainty Principle)

to be continued...

That lifting up with tendrils part reminded me of something out of The Thing, creepy really.

Word. I called that "Marionetting" himself lol.

Um, wow. Ya know I gotta say, I like to judge this show more character development and storyline than fight choreography (I know, I'm a total chick that way lol) but if I had to rate them out of memory...

Symbiote sPidey vs Sin6 in Group Therapy. 6 vs 1, all with different powers and a whole lot of craziness. The only part I didn't like was Rhino somehow lifting out the piece of the bridge sPidey was under. Made no sense at all. Besides that, a standard-setting visual orgasm.

sPidey vs. Thundercat Kraven in Destructive testing. It was fast and brutal and sPidey actually came out with a black eye. Scars and gashes might have been more plausible but whatever. It rocked.

sPidey vs Venom in Identity Crisis. A great fight with the added susPense of Venom wanting to unmask sPidey to a bunch of nearby reporters. Because if you really think about it, it's the only where sPidey's weakness was exposed. Sure, Superman's got Kryptonite to weaken him in every fight and potentially (though never) kill him, but if sPidey's unmasked in public once, it's all over.

1. Black Spider-Man vs Sinister Six (Group Therapy)
2. Spider-Man vs Venom (Identity Crisis)
3. Spider-Man vs Kraven
4. Spider-Man vs Sinister Six (Reinforcement)
5. Spider-Man vs Green Goblin (The Uncertainty Principle)

But honestly, I love all of the fight scenes.

Without question the best fight sequence for me is now Spider-man vs Doc Ock vs Tombstone vs Silvermane in Gangland.

Amazing fight sequence. Loved the opera music playing throughout it. Ock was on top form, tossing and smashing everyone around like rag dolls.

I am in awe :otto:

invisible hand against the rhino and tombstone

that last one in gangland. 4 way tussle, can't go round with that.

Gangland was great but i still have group therapy as the best one, becouse it was very spiderman like, it was just how i always imagined spider-man moving and fighting, only in this case it was the simbiont

well lets see

Season 1
----------------
vs Lizard
vs Shocker (Shocker's just one of my all time favourite villain)
vs Green Goblin (Uncertainly Principle)
vs Sinister Six (of course)
vs Venom

Season 2
--------------
vs Mysterio (also all time favourite)
vs Doc Ock (Shear Strength)
vs Giant Sandman
vs Venom (Identity Crisis)
vs... well, all battles in the Gang War arc are great
vs Green Goblin (i havent seen it yet, probably the finale will be one of the best battles)

Well, the final battle of season 2 just trumped everything for me... Especially the Goblin explaining everything that he did.

Also, the Gangland fight was good as well...unfortunately it was completely overshadowed by the final battle for season 2.

yea i say the fighting in opening night and final curtain are some of the best the show has done.

Vs Venom in Identity Crisis.
Vs The Sinister Six in Group Therapy.
Vs Green Goblin in Final Curtain.

- Spider-man vs Rhino in Rhino's first episode
- Spider-man vs Dr.Ock at coney island
- Black suit Spidey vs Sinister 6
- Spider-man vs Rhino vs Silver Sable vs Hammerhead --- My favorite out of all of them!
- Spider-man vs Venom in Identity Crisis

And I haven't even finished Season 2 yet! Season 2 has some really good battles...I was also very impressed with Spidey vs Venom in Identity Crisis...that was pretty good.

Also the fight between Spider-man and Captain Jupiter in the planetarium was very cool too!

Last edited:
1. Symbiote Spidey vs Sinister Six(Group Therapy)
2. Spidey vs Doc Ock vs Silvermane vs Tombstone(Gangland)
3. Spidey vs Lizard(Natural Selection)
4. Spidey vs Venom(Identity Crisis)
5. Spidey vs Rhino(The Invisible Hand)
6. Spidey vs Green Goblin(Catalysts)
7. Spidey vs Green Goblin(The Uncertainty Principle)
8. Spidey vs Doc Ock(Reaction)
9. Spidey vs Human Kraven(Destructive Testing)
10. Spidey vs Mysterio's tricks at his hideout(Blueprints)

I'm shocked and disappointed that Spider-Man's awesome fight with giant Sandman from First Steps has yet to be mentioned by anybody yet!

I just got done watching that fight again, and I still couldn't believe how breathtaking it was. That probably had an insane amount of pencil mileage that went into it. Accompanied with Hanho Heung Up's grade A animation and it's easily one of the best fight scenes on the show.

Last edited:
it's probably because it didn't have any real emotional impact, it was just a fancy fight with nothing really on the line

it's probably because it didn't have any real emotional impact, it was just a fancy fight with nothing really on the line

Who says a fight sequence has to have something on the line to work? It's not like the first Rhino had heavy stakes attached to it, and it's been mentioned.

The chereography of the giant Sandman fight put that battle into the top 3 battles of the entire series IMO.

1. Spidey vs. Venom in Identity Crisis...and I don't even like Venom.
2. Symbiote Spidey vs. Sinister Six in Group Therapy
3. Spidey vs. The Lizard
4. Spidey vs. Green Goblin in The Uncertainty Principle
5. Spidey vs. Sinister Six in Christmas episode
6. Spidey vs. Tombstone vs. Doc Ock vs. Silvermane in Gangland
7. Spidey vs. Green Goblin in Final Curtain
8. Spidey vs. Doc Ock at Coney Island
9. Spidey vs. Rhino in season 1 (forget episode)
10. Spidey vs. Sandman in season 2 (forget episode)

Amazing fight animations.

I know this is a big bump, but I figured that posting here would be better than starting an entire new thread for the same purpose.

If I had to pick just one, I'd have to go with the final fight in Group Therapy. Best animation of the series to date, incredible choreography, and with the Symbiote in control Spidey was an absolutely intense fighter.

But since that one's already been mentioned so many times, I'll say that the first fight with Kraven was really fun to watch with the variety of weapons he kept whippin' out.

I'd also like to give an honorable mention to one of the smaller fights: Spidey vs. Ock's "wall tentacles" in Shear Strength. Very brief but gorgeous to look at.

Last edited:
That Goblin fight in "Final Curtain" was awesome. There are a lot of awesome fights in this show. Spidey being able to throw a punch and kick is what brings this show to a new level. Something the 90's series couldn't do at that time.

I know i feel so bad for the 90s show back then being so dam censored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"