Favorite Live-Action Lex Luthor

Its like George Clooney's Batman getting votes on a best Batman poll.

Wow the hypocrisy is strong, maybe people actually just like him did you ever consider that? But of course no cause you hate the DCEU and can't stand anyone praising it, practice what you preach mate.

Personally, I like Jesse's Lex. The characterization does need a few tweaks but it's certainly miles better than what Kevin Spacey gave us & I even prefer it to Hackman's far more cartoony and comical rendition. In fact, it's way better than either of those and for me, the only right choice for that second spot behind Rosenbaum.

The thing is this Lex is just starting out, we're seeing him develop. Which is something I like about the DCEU they're actually taking time to develop these characters.

I like Eisenberg's lex. he wasn't perfect in bvs but for me better then Hackman and Spacey.

The thing is this Lex is just starting out, we're seeing him develop. Which is something I like about the DCEU they're actually taking time to develop these characters.

5403154-5330395247-PUfiM.gif

Wow the hypocrisy is strong, maybe people actually just like him did you ever consider that? But of course no cause you hate the DCEU and can't stand anyone praising it, practice what you preach mate.

Exactly how am I being hypocritical? Eisenberg's Luthor is regarded as one of the worst CBM villains. Obviously some people like him just like some people like the awful George Clooney Batman and vote for him on polls; http://collider.com/best-batman-actors-poll/

That's why I made the analogy. So what's the problem?

Last edited:
Exactly how am I being hypocritical? Eisenberg's Luthor is regarded as one of the worst CBM villains. Obviously some people like him just like some people like the awful George Clooney Batman and vote for him on polls; http://collider.com/best-batman-actors-poll/

That's why I made the analogy. So what's the problem?

Cause in many threads you're saying the "Snyder fans" are butt hurt or sonething to that knowledge yet you don't like people voting for what they like. End of the day he may be on that poll but myself and many others enjoyed him.

Cause in many threads you're saying the "Snyder fans" are butt hurt or sonething to that knowledge yet you don't like people voting for what they like. End of the day he may be on that poll but myself and many others enjoyed him.

Where did I say I don't like or begrudge them voting for whom they want? Nowhere. They have the right to like what ever they want. You are making something out of nothing. This is the classic example of getting annoyed over nothing.

While Snyder dropped the ball with Luther in BvS, I think I still have to go with Eisenberg. I just can't stand the idiocy of what Hackman and Spacey were dragged into. There's still a good chance prison were harden Eisenberg's Lex, and if that happens, I think this will become a moot point. He has everything he takes to finally be or first truly great big screen Luther.

I can't vote for Rosenbaum because though I've heard great things, I never watched Smallville.

Do they take time to develop their characters? And here I thought that they killed off the protagonist who started the DCEU after just two movies. :cwink: Even though Smallville wasn't great, I do think that Rosenbaum was really good with the material he had. He was great in the episode Shattered, if anyone remembers that one.

Last edited:
Do they take time to develop their characters? And here I thought that they killed off the protagonist who started the DCEU after just two movies. :cwink: Even though Smallville wasn't great, I do think that Rosenbaum was really good with the material he had. He was great in the episode Shattered, if anyone remembers that one.

whose going to return in the next one and his character definitly did develop but of course haters will deny that

No live version of Lex has done anything for me. A damn shame, considering how great of a villain he is.

I don't understand why so many people dislike Spacey's version, like I said it obviously wasn't exactly the greatest storyline and what not & a bit of wasted potential because Spacey is a fantastic actor but he was easily the best part of that movie for me by far. Easily #2 on this list for me behind Rosenbaum.

I really like Spacey's Kex, I really think the hate comes down to redoing the land plot. Spacey's Lex was brilliant IMO, funny when the film called for it but damn right menacing when the film called for that. He might be my favourite part of Superman Returns tbh (well aside from the plane sequence, no scene in any films topped that for me).

I think there's a ban forthcoming lol

Last edited:
I really like Spacey's Kex, I really think the hate comes down to redoing the land plot. Spacey's Lex was brilliant IMO, funny when the film called for it but damn right menacing when the film called for that. He might be my favourite part of Superman Returns tbh (well aside from the plane sequence, no scene in any films topped that for me).

Agreed, Returns gets so much crap, i dont think its as bad as everyone says, i think its a pretty decent film.

Agreed, Returns gets so much crap, i dont think its as bad as everyone says, i think its a pretty decent film.

Yeah I lik it aswell, just a few issues with it but it's a decent film

I voted for Spacey. Superman Returns is a solid movie in my book.

Easy lol Rosenbaum.

I voted Rosenbaum but I did like Spacey. I think he would have been my top Lex if he had better material.

Kevin Spacey tbh
simply because I love him as an actor and I feel like he suits the role. Although I do wish he played him a little more like how he plays Francis Underwood in House Of Cards. Plus I haven't seen Smallville at all.

Rosenbaum and Shea for me. The last confrontation between Lex and Clark in the Smallville Series finale is still one of my favorite Superman moments in film or tv. Shea is underrated as Lex imo.

Then again, I really enjoy the spin on the Superman myths that L&C had in the first season anyway.

I'm going against the grain.

John Shea from Lois and Clark.

He was all the more deadly because he was credible as a charismatic, powerful businessman who had Metropolis under his thrall.
:highfive: brotha Fan.

I feel like Spacey COULD have been the best Lex of all time if the script was up to par and they didn't try to recreate Hackman's Lex with him. The thought of Spacey playing a corrupt businessman/brilliant scientist Lex sounds amazing. But nah, let's just make him a smartass crook again with a mind-numbingly stupid land grab scheme. So much potential, absolutely wasted.

THAT is a key reason why I HATE Superman Returns. The other is the fact that Superman feels like a background character in his own movie.

That said though, Spacey was certainly better than Eisenberg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"