Favorite Magical And Cosmic DC Characters

forgive me for suggesting all the old ideas
2048460-kotg.jpg

Are you kidding? The old ideas are sometimes the best ones! I'm not afraid to go obscure in this show. I already have some classic characters making an appearance, and some younger ones I never heard of before (Black Alice, etc).

So whoever wants to post their favorites, post them! Young or old they all have a shot!

Deadman. As a TV show they'd need to make sure it isn't a Quantum Leap clone. It'd work on a low budget too.

Strange Visitor. Embarrassed by the Superman Blue/Red storyline, the cowards who were the Powers That Be at that time did a Women in Refrigerators move on her.

as long as they're DC characters I'll do my best to put them in.

My next two teleplays are going to include Gail Simone's pick Black Alice, and one of my favorite DC characters, Static shock.

Yes, I know Static isn't magical or cosmic. I have some other characters in the series, I don't want to discriminate. For example, Wildcat plays a huge part in the series as Billy's trainer and hero mentor. The JSA existed in my universe and it is through him we'll meet Dr. Fate.

Xax III as your non-human GL.

http://greenlantern.wikia.com/wiki/Xax_I

http://greenlantern.wikia.com/wiki/Xax_II

Deadman is on the list! I couldn't do a show in the magical side of the DCU without Deadman!.

Strange Visitor? I'm not familiar with that character. Wiki page?

Xax? I don't think that'll work.

cool!
okay i am game
i agree DEADMAN is freaking awesome!i was just reading one of my old books with that dude and he is cool but for me i would have to go with this dude

500px-Orion_Nailverse_01.jpg

Dude has this whole Shakespearean thing going on. His father beig one of the nastiest, vilest people! on top of that he got exchange with the good guys son to make this crazy deal that both of them wouldnt wage war as a baby! thats some heavy %^& ! plus he has a bad ass Dog to boot i freaking love this dude.

Orion is awesome no doubt. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in, but I don't want Darkseid in the show, he's too Superman in my opinion.

However, two of the New Gods do make an appearance on the show. In the form of Mister Miracle and Big Barda, they'll show (presumably in Season 3) and warn Billy about Apokolips. They'll be one of the reasons he goes BIG in a later season in a certain arc....

Deadman is on the list! I couldn't do a show in the magical side of the DCU without Deadman!.

Strange Visitor? I'm not familiar with that character. Wiki page?

Xax? I don't think that'll work.

Strange visitor got powers similar to Superman Red Blue (She had to wear the blue containment suit to live.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strange_Visitor

Strange Visitor is connected to the Earth's geomagnetic field, and has the power to manipulate electromagnetic energies, which enables her to fire blasts of electrical energy from her hands or eyes, generate magnetic fields to move, lift, and manipulate metal objects, create force fields, steal energy from others, and even "read" an object's magnetic field. She also has the power to fly at near light speeds, lower her density to walk through solid matter, and telepathically sense emotions.

Without invoking Darkseid or Highfather,
Forager and Dr. Bedlam aren't used that much by DC.

We might know Forager is a refugee from a planet that treats his race like scum, but not that the rulers of the place are Gods.

And Bedlam had more autonomy from Darkseid than the other main Apokalypians.

Mightmitenot: Thanks for the wikis! Strange Visitor and Forager are going to be contenders going forward!

jonathancrane: Some of the JL Dark will appear, Swamp Thing is questionable, Animal Man could be a possibility though!

SHAZAM! double post imminent!!!

Hello everyone, first off I want to show off a cool piece of concept I had done for my SHAZAM! TV series idea. It features Mary and Mary Marvel. It's very cool to finally get this piece as it's been a long time coming.

So yeah, I wanted to show it to you and get your thoughts. Just to let you know, the way they look is actually based off of members of my family, as we look like the Marvel Family.....or at least I think we do.

You'll also notice I had the costume altered a bit, I like how it looks. Looks more functional. Enjoy!

BiGZu8UCQAA6WH_.png:large

Ready for the second post? Good, cause this one I need your opinion.

I wrote out a lot of my SHAZAM! ideas before the Flash was announced (there's a point to this). One of them was to bring the Teen Titans (or more likely just the Titans as they'll be out of their teens when they form) together. The team was to be comprised of SHAZAM!, Raven, Static Shock, Starfire, and Vibe.

Why is this a problem? Well in case you didn't know, Cisco Ramon aka Vibe is officially in Flash. Which is great! Because Vibe totally deserves it, but it hurts my Titans idea. Hence, I need a replacement.

I have a certain character in mind, and bringing this character in would be good cause they're featured heavily in the first 2 seasons (Titans will truly come together in Season 3 in my vision), but I don't want it to feel forced. So I'm turning to you!

Who do you think could be a great member of this team? Male or female, doesn't matter, I have it both ways. Though I would prefer for them to be magical or cosmic (Vibe to me was a mix of both, more cosmic though, and my replacement for him was magical) I am open to heroes not in that section (as proven by Static being on the team).

The only stipulation I will give is that they have to be a BELIEVABLE teenager/young adult. So remember this before making suggestions.

What do you think? Who should be in? I said at the beginning I want this to be something the fans can call their own, here's your chance to make it so! Can't wait to hear your suggestions!

I thought it was a general thing, my favorite cosmic character is definitely Superman, but I see he can't be added to the show
My favorite Green Lantern is Kilowog, he sure could use more exposure
I wrote out a lot of my SHAZAM! ideas before the Flash was announced (there's a point to this). One of them was to bring the Teen Titans (or more likely just the Titans as they'll be out of their teens when they form) together. The team was to be comprised of SHAZAM!, Raven, Static Shock, Starfire, and Vibe.

Why is this a problem? Well in case you didn't know, Cisco Ramon aka Vibe is officially in Flash. Which is great! Because Vibe totally deserves it, but it hurts my Titans idea. Hence, I need a replacement.
Can't you make your show in a joint universe with Arrow and the Flash?
Maybe you can use that strange character, Duella Dent, assuming she really isn't the daughter of Harvey Dent

Huh, Superman is cosmic isn't he? But yeah, none of the "main league" can be in this....yet. Kilowog I would totally love have in. Him and Guy Gardner get along, and he's in the show, so you never know.

SHAZAM! could be in that universe. I leave it open. And I would like to have this on the CW. I'm writing it now as if it's separate that way if something changes, it won't necessarily affect my scripts. Vibe was a big blow to my stories, cause he was going to be mentored by Billy in Season 3. Oh well, just glad he's on a show.

Duella Dent? I know of her, but I'm not sure she'd fit on the team.

Katar Hall would be awesome to have. I heavily emphasize, especially in the first season, that the JSA existed, Wildcat is Billy's trainer and Dr. Fate will be coming soon. I would love to add Hawkman.

Well, Katar Hol wasn't part of the JSA. That was Carter Hall, the reincarnated egyptian prince. But regardless, I'd suggest going with Katar. I think he's more interesting.

That said, DC just re-issues the Hawkworld mini series from 1989 by Timothy Truman last week. It sorta gets lost in the maelstrom of the other great comics from that time period, like Watchmen and Sandman, but Hawkworld is damn brilliant. Still relevant in its themes today, and holds its own along side those other books, maybe even surpassing some of them. You should check it out.

Also, DC's trade paperback solicits through Feb. 2015 came out recently. One of the books coming out this December is Howard Chaykin's "TWILIGHT" which is a revisionist take on alot of DC's more obscure cosmic characters, some of which were mentioned in this thread, like Space Ranger, Tommy Tomorrow and the Star Rovers. Supposed to be good. I've not read it, but I'm looking forward to it. If I find the original three issues for cheap, I'll probably buy em up and buy the trade as well.

Last edited:
Magical: Cain

Don't really have a favorite cosmic character...

I'd rather any potential "SHAZAM!" family series focus on Shazam/Fawcet family characters, (the franchise has plenty Magic & Sci-fi type characters and villains) rather than fill it with DC extras.

the way they look is actually based off of members of my family, as we look like the Marvel Family.....or at least I think we do.

Curious if the OP's hypothetical fantasy show concept is more based on classic family or the new 52 Shazam family and kids?

Marvel-familt-lt-marvels.jpg

04-Marvel-Family.jpg

shazam9.jpg

Or the new SHAZAM family?

ShazamFamillyPowerBinder.jpg

ypje.jpg

SHAZAMKIDSANIMATEDSERIESFAUX.jpg

Last edited:
Am I the OP? I think I am, doesn't that mean "Original Poster"? If so then ok.

Hey I'm all for using a bunch of SHAZAM! franchise characters. I want to stay true to the character and it's origins as best I can. But I also know that a lot of people don't know many of the characters from there. As of this moment, I have Black Adam (of course), the Sivana family, and Mr. Mind (though maybe not how you remember him) in the show. With a possibility of Sabbac (an enemy of Captain Marvel Jr.) showing up later.

If you have suggestions of other characters from the original series post them here! I am totally open to listening!

As for your second question, I'm using the New 52 family, as that's the one I'm more familiar with, as are other people I would like to think, especially with War coming out recently.

I have Billy, Mary, Freddy, Eugene, Darla and Pedro. And they each get their time to shine in Season 1 and are a crucial part of the series. Which is something that'll set SHAZAM! apart from Arrow and Flash. A family that is truly involved with the main character and his "activities".

JSA in the HOUSE!!!

What do I mean? Well, in my latest episode, I'm bringing Dr. Fate into the fold.

I'm still up for hearing your favorite magical and cosmic DC characters! Plenty of scripts left to write in Season 2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"