DC announces their new books and creators!

Oh my gosh dat midnighter series though! Can't wait!

I've been dying for him to get an ongoing for ages. Looks great. Wonder if he'll meet someone nice?

Benjamin_Percy Twitter It's a reboot w/ a much darker, more literary aesthetic. True Detective w/ superheroes.

Green Arrow

https://twitter.com/Benjamin_Percy/status/563712820022226944
This sounds awesome :up:

Lemire's run was really good.

I'm glad he isn't going to match it up with Arrow either.

Green Arrow back to taking down serial killers and conspiracies like in The Longbow Hunters would very much put it in the true detective wheel house.

:hmm

All of this sounds terribly familiar...

Flashback to 2011:

Now, the big question is: How long will this last till they change their minds again like they usually do?
The comic business as a whole these days is very short term driven.

I love this image, maybe use this for the post-New 52:
JLA15_PR_580_54d4445ad96bd6.91601900.jpg

P.S. The new Superman suit design looks better now, we were all right when we said it was because of Romita, Jr. that it looked crappy.

... Did Aquaman step on a banana peel?

So this is almost more of a marketing ploy?

Angry comic reader: (Walks by comic aisle thinking to himself "Pft, stupid DC and their New 52 rebooting **** that didn't need it")
(Sees DC section with no New 52)
"At last they went back, cool I'm buying it all up now!"
(Gets home)
"What the hell is this Superman ain't married to Lois? Barry Allen's mom is dead? Where's Harley's old outfit? DAMN YOU DC! YOU LIED TO ME!")

It's called a business trying to survive in an ever changing market. Marvel is doing the exact same thing. If these companies never adapted to market change there wouldn't be a Marvel Comics or DC Comics today.

WEAREROBIN-cover1.jpg

I was expecting We Are Robin to be a title that brought all the former Robins together. Guess not.
I know you aren't supposed to judge a book by it's cover but this has definitely peeked my interest

The new Superman writer said the first arc is basically going to be Journey to the West.:woot:
Interesting

Last edited:
Harley Quinn/Power Girl has the potential to be a lot of fun. I loved the PG series by that creative team, need to pick up the Harley Quinn one, too.

And a Prez series? Haha, wow. I've got to hand it to DC, they really do pull out some of the most surprising **** sometimes.

One thing I hope DC does (and it is a minor thing) is return to the original numbering for Action and Detective Comics. I want to see those 900s!

Since they aren't worried about continuity now and want their writers have freedom, can they reintroduce marriage? Let their heroes start aging and growing again?

Since they aren't worried about continuity now and want their writers have freedom, can they reintroduce marriage? Let their heroes start aging and growing again?

aging means death Ollie, pre crisis kara, Hal.

GAIL SIMONE ‏@GailSimone Feb 6
I dearly love Black Canary.

She is DC's secret cannon.

GAIL SIMONE ‏@GailSimone Feb 7
To my mind, there is absolutely no question that @AnnieW is going to be freaking AMAZING with my beloved Black Canary. GOOD ONE, DC

I don't know why they haven't had Mera join the JL. Heaven forbid thru have to many females.

fool me once

shame on u

fool me twice

can't fool me twice

Mera is one of my favorite characters in comics, period! She's as powerful as Wonder Woman (in my opinion), can control water epically, and yet she has a sense of honor, pride, loyalty, and love that other DC or Marvel females don't have.

In conclusion...Mera rocks!

One thing I hope DC does (and it is a minor thing) is return to the original numbering for Action and Detective Comics. I want to see those 900s!

And bring back the damn 70's to 00's logo!

Mera is one of my favorite characters in comics, period! She's as powerful as Wonder Woman (in my opinion), can control water epically, and yet she has a sense of honor, pride, loyalty, and love that other DC or Marvel females don't have.

In conclusion...Mera rocks!

Put her in JL or her own series. She's become quite a driving force to want to read Aquaman. Plus it'd help attract female readers even more. My wife just saw her for the first time watching Throne of Atlantis and liked her.

Definitely excited about:

Martian Manhunter
Cyborg
Black Canary
Dr. Fate

^ This is EXACTLY the kind of thing DC needed to do. :yay:

Yes. I've been advocating for Mera to join the JL for a long time. She's awesome and the fact that DC hasn't put her on the JL yet is ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"