DC announces their new books and creators!

Yes. I've been advocating for Mera to join the JL for a long time. She's awesome and the fact that DC hasn't put her on the JL yet is ridiculous.

Completely agree, I thought she would be joining after the push she got during Blackest Night.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone

>The dc summit is interesting, so many of my favorite creative people, and new talents I have admired. Great, amazing group.
>I think creatively, this is going to be @DCComics' most rocket-powered year in a long time.
>The emphasis on new ideas and approaches is very welcome. Love seeing the characters get stretched a bit.

didio.jpg

That's a lot of Cullen Bunn!

Easily in my top 5 writers right now so I'm quite excited.

I really hope Martian Manhunter is good. He and Captain Atom are favorites of mine and the latter was not handled well since the New52 started.

The PeeGee/Harley mini-series will be about what happened between two panels in Harley Quinn #13:
http://www.newsarama.com/23500-conn...-june-power-girl-spin-off-female-readers.html

Palmiotti: This story [in Harley Quinn/Power Girl] actually takes place between panels, from #13.

There's a panel where Harley and Power Girl are jumping from one teleportation ring to the other, and she they come out of it, Power Girl's wearing a wedding dress and Harley has some armor on, and Power Girl says, you know, this was the longest two weeks of my life.

And it was between two panels.

So the six-issue mini-series is everything that happened between those two panels.

It's part of the bigger story, but it's just a thing we didn't show in the regular Harley Quinn series.

We didn't plan it that way, but we sort of did. We thought, maybe one day they'll let us tell the story between the two panels.

Conner: We were so happy when they said, "Yeah, sure, go ahead and do it." We were like, yea!

Also, the other thing is, it is really fun to team Harley up with people, because most everybody, next to her, is a straight man. And she's a great foil for everybody.

Part of it was a little bit self-serving too, because when we were doing Power Girl a few years back, it was so much fun, and we wanted to work with her again.

Well, the Post-Convergence Suicide Squad lineup is interesting. It seems odd that there aren't any of the members from the movie team.

Well, the Post-Convergence Suicide Squad lineup is interesting. It seems odd that there aren't any of the members from the movie team.

I found that odd too, but ultimately refreshing. DC seems to be willing to keep some aspects of the comic books different from the movies and trust us fans to not be utterly confused.

'We Are Robin' stars a movement of kid heroes
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2015/03/09/we-are-robin-comic-book-exclusive/24635301/

Part of a large crop of new comic books debuting after the Convergence event series, We Are Robin focuses on Duke Thomas, an African-American kid who's played an important role recently in the main Batman series, as he's indoctrinated into this new Robin movement to protect and serve Gotham.

Duke is the reader's way into this street-smart world — he's had interactions with the Dark Knight before so he isn't a complete rookie — and Bermejo is focusing on him and other newbies rather than the folks who've been Robin previously such as Tim Drake, Jason Todd, Stephanie Brown, Dick Grayson and most recently Damian Wayne, Batman's son.

We Are Robin sounds interesting. And I agree with his statement that it'd make no sense for the team in a large, NYC-inspired locale like Gotham to consist of nothing but white kids.

That's why shows like FRIENDS never made sense to me as a kid.

I'll just use one example -- there was a tweet I saw, someone complaining about "Throne of Atlantis," the DVD adaptation of the comic book. The complaint was, "Superman and Wonder Woman don't breathe underwater. You failed." Maybe the continuity proves that right, I don't know -- I'm pretty sure I've put Superman under water, and he was fine, and he's been to outer space, same with Wonder Woman -- when those things start overshadowing the story, and the emotional beats, I think there's something wrong with what's going on in the marketplace. That's my perspective.

So some writer does some stupid **** and it's "something wrong with...the marketplace"? :huh:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/09/get-ready-return-one-worst-superteams-ever-dcs-section-eight

DC’s Hitman, created by Garth Ennis and John McCrea (of Preacher fame), is a ’90s cult classic. It’s the story of Tommy Monaghan, a superpowered contract killer who specializes in taking out superhumans (and barely using his own superpowers)—and it was a no-holds-barred playground for Ennis and McCrea, showcasing their trademark black humor and biting satire.

Ennis notes that, despite the team’s strong connection to Tommy Monaghan, he won’t be appearing outside of “a very brief flashback appearance in the prologue.” We will, however, be seeing a number of characters from across the established DCU as Sixpack seeks to recruit his eighth teammate, even taking a tour of DC’s mystical realms.

So hitman is canon in the new 52

After more than three years as the New 52 brand, DC Comics is retiring the branding and undergoing a status quo shakeup following the events of “Convergence.” The new initiative will not have a unifying name and will be comprised of 25 continuing series and 24 all-new ones, some featuring creators and concepts that are completely new to the publisher. To get as many people as possible excited about these new offerings, DC Comics co-publisher Dan DiDio revealed during a discussion with members of the press that the company plans on releasing a number of original eight-page stories highlighting these fresh starts for free via the DC website, comiXology and other platforms. “This [initiative] is a lot different,” said DiDio, comparing DC’s current plans with the launch of the New 52 in September 2011. “There is no overarching brand on this. This is DC Comics, pure and simple. Because it’s DC Comics, we have the liberty to go out and sell every single title individually. Which is what we want. Every one of these books is its own entity, and we have to sell them in that fashion. “What we’ve done is created eight-page original stories that will be made available free to our fanbase in the month of May,” he continued. While the total number of original 8-pagers has yet to be revealed, DiDio had other information regarding the free comics at the ready. “These stories will be inside the second month of ‘Convergence’ monthly titles, these stories will be comprising our ‘Divergence’ Free Comic Book Day comic, but at the same time, we’re going to be making them available on the DC website, making them available for free through comiXology and all our other digital distributors, and our goal is to get these in as many hands as possible, so people get a real sense of sampling of what goes on here. We’re encouraging our readers to download them and make them available to their clientele. So in the month of May, people get a chance to read these books, see the different styles of art, read the different types of stories, see how we plan to interpret our characters in a new way, and hopefully in doing so, will get excited about the books once they come out in June.” Creators like Gene Luen Yang, Ming Doyle and Annie Wu will leave their mark on classic DC characters and new series — like “We Are Robin” and “Prez” — will look at the DCU in a different way. DiDio spoke to the new line’s diversity, saying, “For every ‘Bat-Mite’ and ‘Bizarro,’ there’s going to be a ‘Section Eight’ and ‘Omega Men,’ which are probably the hard-hitting side. And we’re going with every shade in between.” This initiative goes hand in hand with the publisher’s recent attempts at diversifying its offerings. Providing original eight-page stories for the new series being launched will allow both lapsed and totally new readers to check out the changes made by the publisher free of charge. “It put a lot of stress on the system to do this, but this is, I think, a necessary tool, and so valuable to really inform outward what we have planned for all these books, and it gives a chance for everybody to see them, in advance, before they hit the shelves.”

Let’s conclude this interview with a question about Green Arrow. You have already written two comics starring Batman, and you are about to tackle Green Arrow in an ongoing comics series. Is there anything you would like to share with us about your hopes or goals for writing Green Arrow’s adventures?

I can’t say too much—I’m not supposed to talk content or characters—but I will say that Patch Zircher and I are taking the series in a new direction. It has zero connection to the television show. We will be incorporating some of the Jeff Lemire mythology. The aesthetic will be dark and literary and packed with arresting visuals (Patch draws the way cinematographer John Alcott sees.) The other day Patch said to me, “You know what happened to James Bond when Daniel Craig took over? This is like that.” I sure hope people enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.

This is an exciting beginning for me, and my goal is not only to nail Green Arrow, but to pitch some original ideas and take on assignments in other established series. I love writing comics; this is, corny as this sounds, a dream come true. Especially compared to the Hollywood nightmare. Writers don’t get a lot of respect out there. If you don’t do what the brass ask of you, they simply fire you and bring someone else on board. And every project moves so, so slowly, prohibited by actor availability, special effects costs, endless and conflicting producer notes. Comics are so freeing, so pure by comparison. And the creative partnership—between artist and writer—is the most rewarding collaboration I’ve ever experienced.

http://nothingbutcomics.net/2015/03/03/percy/

>DiDio: "Midnighter" really spun off because we were having success with "Grayson," and it seemed the most natural book to spin off that success. This has always been an extraordinarily popular character for us. We were just talking to [Steve Orlando] about it -- what he found most intriguing about the story is a single male character. We've seen Midnighter and Apollo together in relationships, what he wants to is tell the story about a single male character, and ultimately, what is his place in this society? How is he working with others? He's on this journey by himself, and he's making mistakes, and everything that comes along the way. I think that's really exciting. You want to root for him. You want to root for all our characters, and you want to see them go through all the trials and tribulations, because you want to empathize with them, and hope that they win at the end.

>It's a gritty story. It's a gritty character. This isn't a book that's going to be shy about what it is or who he is. It's fully embraced.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...t-of-many-steps-in-building-the-new-dc-comics

So some writer does some stupid **** and it's "something wrong with...the marketplace"? :huh:

He's not talking about writers but the intant aura of negativity fandom seems to have. That the second they saw an out of context clip they went "FAIL" without ya know bothering to see if their complaint is addressed in the text.

Travel Foreman and Paul Pelletier are on art duties, writer hasn't been announced yet.

onnd4II.jpg

241UAo1.jpg

ZUMU2hj.jpg

yes captain carrot.

That Animal Man costume is extremely complex! Is that pink and purple thing Metamorpho?

I'm somewhat confused, what are the last two art pieces suppose to be from now?

Specifically concept art for an arc of Justice League United that has now been cancelled since Jeff Lemire is no longer penning that book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"