Favourite search engine?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

what’s your favourite search engine? It’s actually a pretty big issue what with google having such a monopoly and there’s a lot of good alternatives. Would love to know the one that works for you.

I use Ecosia because they have much better privacy settings and plant a tree for every 100 searches

i've never even heard of some of these to be honest

It's been well over a decade since I used a non-Google search engine like Alta Vista or Ask.com (I'm old enough to remember when it was Ask Jeeves). It's easy to forget that they even still exist.

Netscape Navigator. :o

i've never even heard of some of these to be honest

yeah that’s sort of an issue. The total monopoly some of the tech giants have on entire societies when there’s plenty of other options out there. Some of them better

Google is my preferred search engine but Duckduckgo it's a great alternative! It allows you to get worldwide results, not just the most popular results in your country. So depending on what you're searching for, I'd recommend giving it a try.

I have installed the app in my cellphone and it works super good as well.

yeah that’s sort of an issue. The total monopoly some of the tech giants have on entire societies when there’s plenty of other options out there. Some of them better

i wouldn't mind hearing about some of yalls opinions and experiences with these. especially if they're giving back to the planet

Where's Altavista! :o

At the bottom of the poll

i wouldn't mind hearing about some of yalls opinions and experiences with these. especially if they're giving back to the planet

Yeah there’s a few good ones. I use Ecosia which you can read about here Ecosia vs. Oceanhero: Which Green Search Engine Should You Choose?

it’s super easy to switch too if you’re on iOS! Just go to your settings, safari, search engine and then click on Ecosia. They’re a lot better with their privacy settings compared to google too

I was only aware of half of these search engines, to tell the truth. Still, I always use Google.

jerry-altavista-2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"