Favreau directing Iron Man????

Status
Not open for further replies.

heck yeh baby X

Civilian
Reaction score
I just saw him on My Name is Earl playing the manager of a fast food resturant.....the guy is pretty versitile! He was also Murdock's partner in Daredevil

Hype confirmed that he will be directing IM.

Great news. He is a member of my poker site but is rarely on there...at least under his name. It would be sweet to catch him on there and chat a little about Iron Man. Superb choice...I think he will give Iron Man the respect he deserves.

I really, really wanted Alex Proyas for IM, but Favreau will do a good job.

I love Favreau but I'm not so sure about a man who's known for his comedy and family movies handling clearly a movie set to be action-oriented.

I'm a bit disappointed from the news: I'd prefer to have one high-profile director. The Hayter draft is very very good but I hope in "a page one rewrite" ditching the father/son angle.

This is spectaculr news. I've been a Jon Favreau fan since forever... especially Dinner For Five. Great show.

He'll do the character justice. Can't wait!

Ive never seen any of his directorial efforts so i can but wait and see how he manages but i would have much preferred someone with action/sci fi experience like Proyas

Although it didn't do so well at the box office, Zathura was quite critically acclaimed.

Yeah, now I´m gonna have to see Zathura and see how I like the guy as a director.

as long as he can get someoen to help him out with the action, i think this'll be a good thing.

This is AWESOME news, he's a very good directer, Iron Man is in very good hands.

Favreau is excellent - this is good news for Iron-Man fans. Iron-man will compete with Hulk and Batman in the Summer of 2008 more than likely.

ultimatefan said:
Yeah, now I´m gonna have to see Zathura and see how I like the guy as a director.

That's what i was thinking

I'm going to have to check out Elf and Zathura this weekend.

From the positive things most people are saying about Favreau, I'm feeling pretty good about this right now!

The only question I really have right now is who are Arthur Marcum and Matt Halloway, Marvel says they are helping write Iron Man, I checked them out on imdb.com, and they have 1 writing credit a peice both the same horror flick.

I haven't really seen much from Favreau either, but considering his rather good reputation, and obvious interest in Marvel, he seems like a pretty strong choice to me. Obviously, I'm a bit disappointed they didn't go with Proyas or someone with a bit more experience, but then Marvel's never been one to get big name directors for their films (not that Proyas is a big name:o).

None of you have seen Elf? If you have, Jon directed that too.

I've seen it, but it's sorta hard to get any impression on serious direction from a children's film...

CConn said:
I've seen it, but it's sorta hard to get any impression on serious direction from a children's film...

That's pretty much what I've been worried about- He's mostly directed comedy and/or family films so I'm worried about him taking on a dramatic action movie.

LordSimen said:
I love Favreau but I'm not so sure about a man who's known for his comedy and family movies handling clearly a movie set to be action-oriented.

As much action there will be,the internal struggles Tony has despite all his wealth and power will make this movie.

Great news IMO.

By the way, why is it that people start threads as questions when they know the answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"