FBI declared No1 domestic terrorism threat

Alex_Spider

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/08/24/schuster.column/index.html

Death to all Vegans that dare to have feelings for animals instead of torturing and eating them. I applaud the FBI for its epic wisdom and judgement. The muslim terrorism is getting old, just like the communist one, so we need a new face of terror for the future generations. Jesus Christ, "No. 1 domestic terrorism threat"? Really FBI? Really??? :doh:

'"The No. 1 domestic terrorism threat is the eco-terrorism, animal-rights movement,' said John Lewis, an FBI deputy assistant director and top official in charge of domestic terrorism."

Instead, the agency sees a new threat: "The No. 1 domestic terrorism threat is the eco-terrorism, animal-rights movement," said John Lewis, an FBI deputy assistant director and top official in charge of domestic terrorism.

Not so fast, says a monitor of domestic terrorist groups on both ends of the spectrum.

"It is simply ludicrous to describe animal rights and eco-terrorism as the No. 1 threat," said Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Center. He believes those following the paths of Rudolph and McVeigh are still a clear and present danger.

Trying to decide which is the most dangerous domestic threat - far right-wing militants or eco- and pro-animal radicals - is, in some ways, analogous to deciding whether Osama bin Laden or Abu Musab al-Zarqawi poses the biggest international threat.

But if you are the FBI or Department of Homeland Security, your domestic terror priority drives how finite resources are allocated -- especially when so much attention and money is focused on al Qaeda and international terror.

Increasing violence

Here's how the animal rights and eco-terrorists made it to the top of the FBI charts.

"There is nothing else going on in this country, over the last several years, that is racking up the high number of violent crimes and terrorist actions, arsons, etc, that this particular area of domestic terrorism has caused," Lewis testified to a Senate committee earlier this year.

Lewis said that from January 1990 to June 2004, "animal and environmental rights extremists have claimed credit for more than 1,200 [attacks], resulting in millions of dollars of damages and monetary loss."

The FBI is worried about mounting rhetoric from the Animal Liberation Front (ALF), whose members regularly break into labs, destroy equipment and threaten scientists; and the Earth Liberation Front (ELF), whose supporters attack SUVs and housing developments.

Consider the words of Jerry Vlasak, a physician who is a well-known activist in the animal advocacy movement in Los Angeles. He said he's not a member of ALF, but makes it his mission to publicize their actions. To Vlasak, anyone who does testing on live animals is a "vivisector."

Vlasak made some incendiary comments at an animal rights conference in 2003. "I think there is a use for violence in our movement," Vlasak was reported as saying.

He called violence morally acceptable at times. "If vivisectors were being killed, I think it would give other vivisectors pause. If there were prominent vivisectors being assassinated, there would be a trickle-down effect ... strictly from a fear and intimidation factor, that would be an effective action."

"You wouldn't need to see too many assassinations" before vivisection declined, he said.

The FBI admits it has had a hard time penetrating ALF and ELF. Actions are usually taken by small groups of people, acting autonomously, and e-mailing or faxing results to people like Vlasak, who publicize the results.

The movement prides itself on this sort of independent cell structure and the lack of central leadership.

Last edited:
His crime is no different than the scientist's "crime" of using animals as test subjects. However, I am all for the ethical treatment of animals used in testing.

His crime is no different than the scientist's "crime" of using animals as test subjects. However, I am all for the ethical treatment of animals used in testing.

There can not be an "ethical" treatment of animals for testing. And with today's technology and computing power there is absolutely zero point in testing on animals.

you must not know zero too well Spider :D

There can not be an "ethical" treatment of animals for testing. And with today's technology and computing power there is absolutely zero point in testing on animals.

Then why is it still done?

Am I the only one who read the title as the FBI being declared as the #1 domestic terrorist threat?

I thought that is what it said too :D

Headline news! - FBI declares itself a terrorist threat due to a typo and destroys billions of dollars of property before the issue is resolved.

Computers today can compute if a drug cures cancer? You better tell that to the scientists.

Headline news! - FBI declares itself a terrorist threat due to a typo and destroys billions of dollars of property before the issue is resolved.

lol I'll admit that was a good one.

Computers today can compute if a drug cures cancer? You better tell that to the scientists.

Yes. They can do complex simulations and analysis of the human body properties and that of a drug better than experimenting on animals. Scientists of course know that. They are just prefer using animals as that's the status quo.

Also, vegans are silly.

I am pretty certain we are lol. It must be the fact we don't eat any meat and dairy like you very wisely do. :rolleyes:

Not really.
Thank you.

Animals are cheaper
Exactly.

Last edited:
A computer can't replace a test on a live organism. Least not any current computer. If you want to know how a drug reacts to say cancer cells in live tissue it has to be done with live tissue. The FDA will not clear a medicine for human consumption until it has had some animal testing. And thank god for that. If you want to put something in your body that hasn't actually been tested go for it. Computer simulations alone just aren't good enough for me. And besides its lab rats they mostly test on. They can't live in the wild and are bred as test subjects. They serve a purpose. A damn good one that benefits our species.

And for the record, there are cases where I am not ok with it.

Last edited:
There's been a cure for Cancer for decades.... but of course of the higher powers are keeping it EXTREMELY... I mean EXTREMELY confidential. Illuminati yo

Well, the way I see it they've focused so much on Muslim terror plots and avenging 911 over the las decade that naturally other types of threats and groups would have more room to grow unnimpeded. Though I'm not sure if the ecoterror groups should be that much of a worry to be #1.

A computer can't replace a test on a live organism. Least not any current computer. If you want to know how a drug reacts to say cancer cells in live tissue it has to be done with live tissue. The FDA will not clear a medicine for human consumption until it has had some animal testing. And thank god for that. If you want to put something in your body that hasn't actually been tested go for it. Computer simulations alone just aren't good enough for me. And besides its lab rats they mostly test on. They can't live in the wild and are bred as test subjects. They serve a purpose. A damn good one that benefits our species.

And for the record, there are cases where I am not ok with it.

You may be right about some cases regarding the live tissues, but there are some horrific examples like the cat experiments of the University of Wisconsin's. http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/02/15/james-cromwell-protests-cats Even the actor James Cromwell got arrested for defending those poor cats. What I can't stand is experimenting and torturing animals for "beauty" products. Not only they are the reason of the death and torture of countless animals, but they also harm our skin and body. Go figure...

Although I believe except computing simulations, we could grow humn organs and tissues in the lab. http://theconversation.com/cut-down-on-animal-testing-by-building-a-human-tissue-lab-15525. This is a very rapid growing technology with promising results.

In the end there is no excuse really for exploiting animals in this day and age.

There's been a cure for Cancer for decades.... but of course of the higher powers are keeping it EXTREMELY... I mean EXTREMELY confidential. Illuminati yo

Is this a sarcasm?

http://www.trueactivist.com/gab_gallery/cancer-is-finally-cured-in-canada-but-big-pharma-has-no-interest/

[YT]UxoGeTMFdEk[/YT]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxoGeTMFdEk

This is if course one example only.

Last edited:
There is no cure for cancer, and there is. The problem is there is no single cancer and they don't all react the same way to the same treatment and in fact, some cancers may not even be cancer.

Some cancers have a "cure" but that's a far cry from all or even most.

Animal testing is also mostly worthless. At best it's specific to certain cases and computers can only do so much but that's reality. You have to test it on a live organism to see what it does. Since testing with humans is severely limited and only after testing on lab animals it won't go away any time soon.

But none of that excuses eco-terrorists who ironically do more harm than good in their quest to free animals or stop something. They are more destructive and dangerous to themselves and others as terrorists than they could achieve in other ways.

There is no cure for cancer, and there is. The problem is there is no single cancer and they don't all react the same way to the same treatment and in fact, some cancers may not even be cancer.

Some cancers have a "cure" but that's a far cry from all or even most.

Good points :up:

Animal testing is also mostly worthless. At best it's specific to certain cases and computers can only do so much but that's reality. You have to test it on a live organism to see what it does. Since testing with humans is severely limited and only after testing on lab animals it won't go away any time soon.

But none of that excuses eco-terrorists who ironically do more harm than good in their quest to free animals or stop something. They are more destructive and dangerous to themselves and others as terrorists than they could achieve in other ways.

What do you mean by "they do more harm than good?" The economic disaster they cause to the farms and slaughterhouses by freeing animals? At least no human being has died as far as I know. And the farm owners could very well grow vegetables and fruits after their finances are getting hit by an eco-terrorism act. But still it's not like they wont be able to live like they used to.

I can't think of any other way really that you can release an animal that is clearly suffering and being tortured in a filthy, confined space etc. so in a sense I understand the driving force behind those eco-terrorists. I see them more as noble human beings with heightened feelings and compassion towards all beings as much as selfish this might sound.

Speaking of which I came across some interesting links that illustrate the reasoning behind those eco-"terrorism" acts. I mean how can you know such things and just choose apathy.

So-called “dairy cows” are forcibly impregnated—manually or on “rape racks”—so that they remain pregnant and continuously lactate. Thus, rape is the primary mechanism of the “dairy” industry.

http://nzdairy.webs.com/thelifeofadairycow.htm
Dairy cows are continually kept pregnant and lactating and their babies are taken away from them when they are only two days old. The life of a dairy cow is not as natural as you might think, especially considering that 80 percent of dairy cows are made pregnant through artificial insemination. 1

The only way for a cow, like any other mammal, to produce milk is for the cow to have a baby. The milk produced by cows is naturally meant for baby calves; however, because people want to drink this milk, the baby calves are taken away from their mothers when they are only a few days old. 1 Cows are extremely maternal animals and both the mother cow and the baby calf suffer terribly from being separated at such a young age. One study showed that calves with no interaction with their mothers or only interaction through a fence, "induced significant increases in walking, butting, urinating, and vocalizing"2. In fact, one cow missed her baby so much that she broke out of her paddock and trekked through 8 kilometers of paddocks and rivers to find her baby 3. On dairy farms, mother cows can be heard bellowing out wildly trying to find their babies as well as running after the cattle trucks that take their babies to separate farms.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-23560543
A calf separated from his mother in Suffolk, United Kingdom escaped a paddock, crossed four barbed-wire fences and a busy main road to try and get back to her. Once captured, he was not reunited with his mother but was put back in the pen with the other calves who were also separated from their mothers.

Last edited:
The list of diseases and ailments that have been cured or can be treated due to the testing of cures, antibiotics and vaccines on animals prior to their use on human beings proof enough that animal testing has meaningful and beneficial purpose.

Are there abuses, absolutely, but to summarily stop any and all animal testing is naïve and dangerous.

Smallpox (cow) has now been eradicated from earth, Polio has been eradicated from North America and people in countries all over the world are being successfully treated (mouse and monkey). Insulin is now able to help control diabetes (dog, fish). There are vaccines for tetanus (horse), rubella (monkey), anthrax (sheep), and rabies (dog, rabbit). A short list, far from comprehensive, of some of the achievements made possible by medical research and the animal used to develop it.

An understanding of the Malaria lifecycle (pigeon), tuberculosis (cow, sheep), Typhus (guinea pig, rat, mouse), and the function of neurons (cat, dog).
The discovery of anticoagulants (cat), penicillin (mouse), open heart surgery and cardiac pacemakers (dog), lithium (rat, guinea pig), treatment for leprosy (armadillo), organ transplantations (dog, sheep, cow, pig), laproscopic surgical techniques (pig), and a drug for AIDS treatment (monkey).

This is by no means a complete list, just what I could find relatively quickly.

I see them more as noble human beings with heightened feelings and compassion towards all beings as much as selfish this might sound.

Yep. Vegans are just better people. More highly evolved and all that. :whatever:

So, it's not this?:

http://rt.com/usa/chief-kessler-petition-militia-128/

The police chief of a small Pennsylvania borough has been temporarily removed from his post, but his opponents are far from satisfied. Now residents of a sparsely populated former coal town are asking the feds to intervene in fear of an armed revolt.

Gilberton, Pennsylvania Police Chief Mark Kessler made international headlines last month when his personal, profanity laced YouTube videos went viral, in turn exposing the world to a lawman seemingly intent with defending his Second Amendment right by any means necessary.

“Secretary of State John Kerry, that piece of **** traitor. Who is he to decide what we can and can’t own?” Kessler says in one clip where he argues in support of gun ownership. “And **** the UN. Who are they to decide what we, the American people, can own?” the disgruntled officer asks.

Kessler uploaded a number of similar videos of himself screaming obscenities at the likes of Sec. Kerry and others, ending each episode by unloading dozens of automatic rounds in front of the camera. After repeated calls for official action, the city suspended him last week for using borough property for personal use. As he awaits the end of his suspension, though, his critics are asking for the government to give them a hand to ensure Kessler’s personal army — a homegrown militia called Kessler's Constitution Security Force — doesn’t try to take control.

Tensions between Kessler and his critics have been high since before the videos began surfacing, but matters were only made worse last Wednesday when the chief asked his Constitution Security Force to surround the town meeting where his suspension was to be discussed.

“When it came time to open the small borough building for the public meeting, these armed men blocked the doors and prevented people from going inside,” local reporter John Luciew wrote from the hearing.

“I have been organizing for four decades. I have faced Klansmen in Kentucky, Ustase in Bosnia and police indiscriminately beating demonstrators in Italy. [Wednesday] night in Gilberton was more frightening than any of those situations,” Michael Morril of Keystone Progress told Huffington Post.

In all, around 100 members of the CSF — outfitted with AR-15 assault rifles — are said to have descended on the scene last Wednesday. Inside the borough hall, the handful of residents lucky enough to bypass Kessler’s security detail spoke of the chief’s intimidation tactics — and a petition signed by 20,000 people demanding Kessler’s termination was delivered to the council.

"He's a nut. I do not feel safe with him around at all," resident Wade Greg Necker said, according to the Huffington Post. Another attendee, Gregory Grove, said of his wife: "She's afraid of him. Kessler is a detriment to this borough."

Gilberton Mayor Mary Lou Hannon said in a statement that she hopes Kessler returns in one month and the entire experience “does not leave a bad taste in his mouth.” It might never come to that, though, if a petition hosted on the White House’s ‘We the People’ webpage garners support in Washington.

Although Gilberton only holds around 700 citizens, nearly 900 people have already signed their names to a petition asking the Pennsylvania National Guard to come and disarm Kessler “and his thugs.”

“Whereas, the Chief of Police of Gilberton, Pennsylvania have usurped the government of the Town of Gilberton through the use of arms and armed intimidation and Whereas, he has recruited armed vigilantes to block access to town meetings and further has threatened and intimidated town citizens who might speak out in opposition against him and Whereas he has posted videos threatening the life of Secretary of State John Kerry and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi; we the people of the United States call on the President of the United States, Barack H. Obama to order the federalizing of the Pennsylvania National Guard to go to Gilberton to disarm the Chief and his gang and restore law and order to the Town of Gilberton,” the petition reads in full.

Another 99,000-plus signees must add their digital autograph to the petition to garner an actual response from the White House, suggesting any action whatsoever from the Executive Branch isn’t likely to occur. Even if that goal isn’t reached by the time Kessler’s suspension ends, however, the negative attention he’s drawing from around the world to his tiny town could be enough to garner action, at least on a local level.

Meanwhile, Kessler’s supporters have started a campaign of sorts on their own — a “Support Mark Kessler” crowdfunding page has so far raised $2,367 for the suspended chief in just four days while he misses out on four weeks of pay.

Because I think it should be this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"