F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hard part to understand is exactly what is Macron getting out of this? Trump isn't a popular figure in France, and Macron seems to be opposed to Trump's more isolationist tendencies.

So what's with the charm offensive? I guess the interests of France and America are so intertwined, that it'd be difficult on France if Trump were to pull out of international agreements.

Regardless, I'm glad that he's helping. Getting out of the Iran agreement would be one of the top 10 foreign policy blunders of the modern age, IMO.

That's probably the intention, totally. Thing is, no US President (especially Trump) is going to be all that swayed by a likewise-inexperienced and merely-40-years-old French President.

Sure it's definitely a "work with the devil and put on a nice smile, at least you'll have one hand on the steering wheel and can try to wrangle this" plan by Macron. Thing is, it won't mean ****, if Trump disagrees with him on something fundamentally there's no reason he'll put too much stock in Macron's oppositon.

The press have dubbed Macron the Trump whisperer :lmao:

Macron has built his political platform off being willing to work with almost anyone so him trying to buddy Trump isn't too surprising.

I doubt Macron genuinely likes Trump. Macron knows he can't control Trump but he probably believes he can at least talk Trump around to his point of view on some issues. Macron's pretty much Europe's errand boy in trying to talk Trump out of not destroying the Iran deal.

In a away it reminds me of Blair and Bush odd couple bromance except those two seemed to really like each other.

Last edited:
Blair & Bush definitely liked one another. We need of that cross-ideology buddy stuff going on about now.

Better than men in power slinging insults at each other. :(

Blair & Bush definitely liked one another. We need of that cross-ideology buddy stuff going on about now.

There are more than enough people that would say that Blair should have been far less pliant to W.'s administration regardless of how nice of a guy George is. The Iraq war was a **** idea then and it still is and one can trace a direct line to a lot of horrendous events of the last decade and a half of history squarely to that decision and lay responsibility at the feet of people like Blair who had power and influence and squandered it by enabling an incompetent president.

Different leaders see the world differently. Centrist-area lefties like Blair & Bubba Clinton acted on attacks differently to the way a Democrat or British Labour person today would. Just the way it goes, pendulum and all that. Guys like that will have their time again before long, it always comes in cycles.

Kanye West is now a conservative icon for praising someone who appears on InfoWars. I can’t tell if Kanye is insane or a marketing genius (probably a little bit of both).

Please, let's stop calling Kanye a genius. He is and has always been an idiot.

Cutting taxes for the wealthy and corporations, destroying the safety net for the rest, and raising taxes with massive tariffs indirectly that'll also hit the non-wealthy citizens the hardest.

The Washington Post - HUD Secretary Ben Carson to propose raising rent [tripling it] for low-income Americans receiving federal housing subsidies

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...mericans-receiving-federal-housing-subsidies/

Kanye West is now a conservative icon for praising someone who appears on InfoWars. I can’t tell if Kanye is insane or a marketing genius (probably a little bit of both).

The weird thing is that President Trump does have sway with some members of the African American pop community. Even before he ran for president, Trump was talked about in rap songs and interviews. His overwhelming opulence apparently is a sign of success to many I guess.

When Donny Daycare was elected foreign leaders scrambled to figure out how to deal with him. There were some articles about this. Obviously Macron is taking the tact that sucking up to the malignant narcissist on some level was the best way to try to keep him in line on climate and the Iran deal and other important issues.

The weird thing is that President Trump does have sway with some members of the African American pop community. Even before he ran for president, Trump was talked about in rap songs and interviews. His overwhelming opulence apparently is a sign of success to many I guess.

Eh... Whatever cachet he had for being a "baller" went down the drain when he started the birther ********.

Oh yeah, BTW for those making an argument about criticism of the current president being a "soft coup" ( one based on actual evidence that mounts day after day ) , well... WTF was the birther conspiracy (still believed and referenced by morons everywhere on the Internet) if not an attempt to prove Obama was not eligible to run for or be president exactly?

Well he's black and a liberal, so that's different. Stop asking so many questions...um, shut up and sing, um...seminar poster.

Eh... Whatever cachet he had for being a "baller" went down the drain when he started the birther ********.

It should have, but apparently Kanye would disagree.

Someone like Trump is appealing to someone like Kanye. They both like the nicer things in life, they both think they're special, they both think that they're the victim of jealousy, and they both like public showings of wealth. At the end of the day... race... yeah that's a big deal. But money.. that's a much bigger deal. Kanye would rather hang out with Donald Trump than Dave Chappell, because Trump is a baller like Kanye is.

It should have, but apparently Kanye would disagree.

Someone like Trump is appealing to someone like Kanye. They both like the nicer things in life, they both think they're special, they both think that they're the victim of jealousy, and they both like public showings of wealth. At the end of the day... race... yeah that's a big deal. But money.. that's a much bigger deal. Kanye would rather hang out with Donald Trump than Dave Chappell, because Trump is a baller like Kanye is.

Kanye styles himself an iconoclast but I think he's an outlier in terms of opinions on Trump in the Hip Hop community of artists and fans.

Cutting taxes for the wealthy and corporations, destroying the safety net for the rest, and raising taxes with massive tariffs indirectly that'll also hit the non-wealthy citizens the hardest.

The Washington Post - HUD Secretary Ben Carson to propose raising rent [tripling it] for low-income Americans receiving federal housing subsidies

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...mericans-receiving-federal-housing-subsidies/

There needs to be a special kind of hell for someone like this.....

Cohen just pleaded the fifth.

Yup, he's guilty all right.

So, Ronny Jackson apparently may have given away a ton of Percocet. Enough under the table that his staff panicked when they couldn't account for it. Also, wrote himself some prescriptions.

I understand Obama had some staffing issues, at least with the Secret Service, but how in the hell did this guy stick around?

So, Ronny Jackson apparently may have given away a ton of Percocet. Enough under the table that his staff panicked when they couldn't account for it. Also, wrote himself some prescriptions.

I understand Obama had some staffing issues, at least with the Secret Service, but how in the hell did this guy stick around?

It would be better if someone could prove yhis and toss his ash in jail. :(

I'm surprised he hasn't been charged and stripped of his medical license.

I'm surprised he hasn't been charged and stripped of his medical license.

Give it time. If this stuff bears out, then it's a very real possibility. News is reporting that he is now thinking about bowing out. Unfortunately, he's too late. You can't put this geney back in the bottle, and now the investigation is inevitable. If he had any sense, he'd withdraw tomorrow morning as early as humanly possible. MAYBE he can stop the bleeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"