F'dup Chapters in American History(The Trump Years) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

And (though it doesn't need to be said, we all know it) I would take this as further proof that the photo-op was nothing but a campaign stunt (otherwise, why is this request for he media to retract coming from his Campaign and not from the White House?)

There are a LOT of conservatives (I don't mean the religious and other bigots who have absconded with that mantle) who absolutely abhor what Trump has done and is doing. I hope he takes the Senate down with him.

I don't get it, why isn't his account just suspended, terminated or have the posts forcibly deleted? It's always been my understanding that posting things on the various social media platforms that could incite violence, hatred, racism etc all violate the terms of service.. so how is this orange turd allowed to get away with it?

Check this out, I found this while I was just browsing as a result of your link -

Twitter account that just copies Trump Tweets suspended for glorifying violence inside three days

I don't get it, why isn't his account just suspended, terminated or have the posts forcibly deleted? It's always been my understanding that posting things on the various social media platforms that could incite violence, hatred, racism etc all violate the terms of service.. so how is this orange turd allowed to get away with it?

Check this out, I found this while I was just browsing as a result of your link -

Twitter account that just copies Trump Tweets suspended for glorifying violence inside three days
Simple. Trump's Twitter drives traffic.

I always have to imagine how Adolf Hitler would have taken to the internet and social media back then.

There are a LOT of conservatives (I don't mean the religious and other bigots who have absconded with that mantle) who absolutely abhor what Trump has done and is doing. I hope he takes the Senate down with him.

I welcome all the legit help we as a nation can get to rid us of Trump being in power. And the way many Never Trumpers have hit Trump has been effective.

I do still want to take to task a very wide swath of Never-Trump Conservatives both elected officials and those in media/journalism. The history is clear to all I think. The very culture of Conservative America has taken a terrible turn into some kind of White Nationalist Christian Only Apocalyptic Cult. This did not happen just because of "the fringe" of Conservative politics, nor just because of the explosion of the Internet and social media, and it's not to be laid solely at the feet of a credulous public even.

As America has wound down the path of her history for at a minimum the last 45 years (so many of the perpetrators and participants are still alive and kicking...) the has been out in the open a concerted effort to convince those already congenitally conservative politically speaking that their world is coming to an end due to malicious actions by groups X,Y, Z etc. The threat is so huge and so existential that those other groups have to be thwarted in every single way, in every possible theater of social/cultural/governmental warfare. "Regardless of merits, if they are for it, we are against it." Compare that to the other side. The "Obamacare" they fought tooth and nail against was highly modeled after recommendations from various Conservative think tanks as well as previous Republican congressional plans not to mention the system Mitt Romney instituted in Mass.

The high gear started with Newt Gingrich in 1994. Demonization mixed with resentment and dog whistle racism was the up and down order of the day and from then until now we have a Conservative mindset stuck in a point of view that sees anyone not in their camp as a fifth columnist or the like. There is no common ground and in such a conflict any tactic or strategy regardless of the morality is out of bounds. This attitude was fueled year in and year out for decades by many of the exact same people that are now firmly Anti-Trump and his base of supporters. They on the whole have yet to take any of the responsibility they bear for creating a political and social culture that was susceptible to not only electing a Trump, support him no matter what and rationalize his excesses, corruption, illegality and ineptitude with no limits in sight so far.

This horror movie wasn't written in a day and it didn't have a single author. Bill Kristol, Jennifer Rubin, Neil Cavuto, George Conway, John Kasich, David Brooks, Peggy Noonan and a whole host of others, through actions, silence, cheerleading or the spreading of willful ignorance got us here where we are today. They had direct power or influence and for 40 plus years they participated in or denied the slide of Conservative America and the GOP into the tar pits of bigotry, authoritarianism, oligarchy and a whole mess of other **** besides.

I cannot forget that and neither should we all. I am honestly not sure we should trust in their motivations or if they have truly taken stock of what has happened in the country. But should we be lucky to get through this, and you know what I mean by that (hint... November) then in the post Trump era we need to keep in mind who created the Frankenstein's Monster that was the Trump admin. and why.

Simple. Trump's Twitter drives traffic.
True. But part of it is I do believe, that we need a record of all the crazy crap he is thinking. He says stuff on twitter he wouldn't say otherwise because he clearly tweets in the moment, and that allows us to catch his ass. Think of how many news story start with something he has tweeted. About policy we have learned from his tweets.

True. But part of it is I do believe, that we need a record of all the crazy crap he is thinking. He says stuff on twitter he wouldn't say otherwise because he clearly tweets in the moment, and that allows us to catch his ass. Think of how many news story start with something he has tweeted. About policy we have learned from his tweets.

[remembers the 6 minute lag time between tweets where the first one seemed like he was ordering missiles strikes on N Korea]

I'm good, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"