The Dark Knight Rises Fear. Chaos. Pain. Vote for your favorite Nolan Batfilm!

I still have to go with BB. TDK is the best film of the bunch, and TDKR finishes an amazing ride, but BB continues to enthrall me from opening logo to credits, every time. It's a close race, but I have to vote with my heart.

****. Dammit.

I think I'm gonna have to go with TDKR.

For Levitt. :o

It's really hard to rate each individual movie as the best, all differ in their own ways.
The first 10 Minutes of TDKR, I was skeptical about the film but in the end I absolutely loved it, TDKR has my vote.

TDKR by far.

It is the least "classic batman" film but the best and my favourite film of the trilogy by far. I never cared about the "classic batman" or comic book "cannon" anyway, I'm first and foremost a movie fan.

BB was my favourite of all the Batfilms, but TDKR blows it out of the water. TDK doesn't even come close, tho.

Going to stick with TDK. More surprises and moments to remember. I still watch the ending of it on YT every now and then.

I love them all, and I'm a HUGE fan of Ledger's Joker, but I gotta admit, I enjoyed the Dark Knight Rises the most.

Going to stick with TDK. More surprises and moments to remember. I still watch the ending of it on YT every now and then.
I would hope you watch the entire movie now and then.

Tdkr to me was spellbinding. Do I have problems with some of the pacing? Yes. Do I feel like it could use an extra 20 minutes? Yes.. But there was a lot of symbolism in this movie IMO.. Which I'm a huge fan of. Corollaries character to me could've been so much more with just a little more screentime. I have to think about it.. But this one evoked emotions in me the other two didn't. I'm not sure Nolan fulfilled the whole potential of what this movie could've been.. I think it went by so quick an extra 20 minutes no one would've minded. Having said that... There's something haunting and beautiful about it. It's on par with tdk for me followed by batman begins. I gotta see it again.

I would hope you watch the entire movie now and then.
See, that's the opposite of me. If I'm feeling in a TDK mood, I'll just watch the Joker scenes, or the Two-Face scene, or Rachel's death and immediate aftermath. But to this day, I have no problem with popping in BB and watching from start to finish.

I'm sticking with TDK as the best. I felt that TDKR was over-bloated. It had more characters and storylines than it needed. TDK has a tight script with a great central villain.

It's way too early for me to judge. Having just come out of TDKR two hours ago, my answer would obviously be TDKR. But the movie's still got me in a rush. I'm still taken by the hype of it. So to answer now would be foolish.

My default answer would probably be Batman Begins, just because I've always felt that The Dark Knight was less a Batman movie and more of an urban drama with Gotham characters in it. The first one had more of a style to it that I've always admired, despite both being incredibly well made and well done movies. When I've allowed time to pass, I can properly judge how TDKR fits into that equation.

To The Dark Knight Rises' credit, though, I'll at least say that it establishes three movies that are connected, yet all feel different. And that's in a good way. They all feel like chapters of a story, yet are all undeniably Batman. Props to the cast and crew for keeping it fresh for all three outings. :up:

My default answer would probably be Batman Begins, just because I've always felt that The Dark Knight was less a Batman movie and more of an urban drama with Gotham characters in it. The first one had more of a style to it that I've always admired, despite both being incredibly well made and well done movies.
My feelings entirely. :yay: Also, Gotham progressively loses its atmosphere as the movies go on. By the time we get to TDKR, it's totally white-washed and has no personality of its own.

I'll have to wait until tonight when I see TDKR. But out of the first two, I think TDK is the 'technically better' film and BB is more enjoyable.

I really can't say straight out, but because its still fresh in my mind and im still excited over it (seeing it again tomrrow) its got to be The Dark Knight Rises

I freaking LOVE the Joker, so much. But, Bane was just on a hole nother level for me. Cold, intelligent, calculating, brutal, intimidating as all hell...awesome.

Plus, I've always been a big fan of the lesser known guys like Ras, Bane and Scarecrow, so ill go with them :)

I attended AMC's Dark Knight Trilogy marathon. Watching the three movies in a row puts a lot in perspective. That's why I didn't find Bane all that impressive. Heath Ledger's Joker and Liam Neeson's Ra's al Ghul are a lot better.

And what about people who prefer BB, TDK AND TDKR? Or BB & TDKR? or TDK & TDKR?

You get the point...

I must resist hastily choosing TDKR before I have proper time to think about it and watch the film again. But as of right now, it's my favourite.

It's way too early for me to judge. Having just come out of TDKR two hours ago, my answer would obviously be TDKR. But the movie's still got me in a rush. I'm still taken by the hype of it. So to answer now would be foolish.

My default answer would probably be Batman Begins, just because I've always felt that The Dark Knight was less a Batman movie and more of an urban drama with Gotham characters in it. The first one had more of a style to it that I've always admired, despite both being incredibly well made and well done movies. When I've allowed time to pass, I can properly judge how TDKR fits into that equation.

To The Dark Knight Rises' credit, though, I'll at least say that it establishes three movies that are connected, yet all feel different. And that's in a good way. They all feel like chapters of a story, yet are all undeniably Batman. Props to the cast and crew for keeping it fresh for all three outings. :up:

Wow, if The Dark Knight himself says something like this... :bow:

I have to say The Dark Knight Rises, and it's not even really close.

I feel that the entire trilogy is pretty over rated (I still enjoy it, but I just don't get the same satisfaction from it that many people do that claim them as the best comic book movies ever), but this is really the only movie that had me walking out of the theater in awe.

The other two, I walked out thinking "Meh, those were cool I suppose".

This one tho...

[YT]NBh895KdXAU[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"