Feats of Strength

The problem is, Marvel (i.e. Disney) has painted itself into a corner, so to speak if they want to make Thor really strong - particularly when it comes time to do the Avengers. Look at the CGI Hulk - he's NINE FEET TALL for crying out loud, and built like an M1 tank. Then look at who's playing Thor. Judging from the sole photo we have of Hemsworth in costume, he's built like someone who goes to the gym 3x a week. He's only 6'3", also. The CGI Hulk could mash him like a bug. Yeah, yeah, somebody's gonna give me that whole "Wonder Woman" argument that size doesn't equate to strength, but tell that to the non-comics-reading moviegoing audience, which DOES equate size with strength.

All I can say is, I hope Arad or whoever puts some serious CGI muscles or foam-suit on him or something to make his hoped-for strength a little more believable. I saw Hemsworth in Star Trek - he ain't that big.

Which is why Superman is 30' tall and Spider-Man is 8' tall :doh:.

Yeah,Disney should make Thor at least 15" tall,so that he can smash Hulk and everyone else,including Giant-Man,who's the strongest hero of all!:doh::woot:

But Giant-Man is also Ant-Man and shrinks, so he's the weakest hero of all too. But... how can that be? Does... not... compute!

:awesome:

But Giant-Man is also Ant-Man and shrinks, so he's the weakest hero of all too. But... how can that be? Does... not... compute!

:awesome:

This is confusing..So Pym is both the stongest and the wakest hero at the same time.he's like the Schroedinger's cat of the strength...:woot:

Would like to see several:

Like to see him lift something massive over head...like an entire city.

Want to see him in a fight that shows the shockwaves when he strikes somone...or something.

Want to see him walking through the midst of a hurrican level storm...while everything around him is getting leveled.

That would be :word:

if hemsworth is 6'3 then the CG hulk will be 7 foot tall and the audience will totally buy it, they're not going to go 'but, he was 9 foot tall in ang lee's movie'. no one will care.

if hemsworth is 6'3 then the CG hulk will be 7 foot tall and the audience will totally buy it, they're not going to go 'but, he was 9 foot tall in ang lee's movie'. no one will care.

Wouldn't it be more impressive for Thor to go toe to toe with a 9 foot hulk than an only slightly bigger than him 7 foot hulk?

i thought for 2008 film hulk was around 8/9 ft tall? and ang hulk was bigger like 11-12 ft?

i thought for 2008 film hulk was around 8/9 ft tall? and ang hulk was bigger like 11-12 ft?

I think your right, I remember reading that somewhere about the films, Ang Lee's hulk look ridiculous at times. 2008 Hulk was more realistic and true to the comic. Don't know why so many people are focused are worried about Thor fighting Hulk, the Avengers movie is about them teaming up together with other Avengers to stop a global threat, not Avengers vs Hulk, that storyline is overdone and played out. But yeah Im really hoping to see Thor cut loose and show his strength in the movie.

Last edited:

Yeh the Norton Hulk was 9 feet tall whereas Ang's maxed at about 15 foot, I think.

I still think the Hulk looked better in Ang Lee's version. I don't want him to be 15 feet tall or anything, but he looked like an actual creature that might exist in Hulk. The Hulk in The Incredible Hulk had wacky proportions and a tiny head and just looked weird to me. That was an instance where translating a look directly from the comics did not work out too well.

I dunno about that Corp. There are things in the 2002 movie that I think are vastly superior to the 2008 movie, namely animation and skin texture. I just happen to think that design wise overall, TIH nailed it more to my liking.

They cetainly got the shade of green, style of hair, and 'clothing' (what there was of it) right. Of course, that's not to say it was perfect. I didnt like the overkill of stirations and I hated the massiveness of the mouth, but equally I disliked 2002's 'baby-face' facial design also.

I liked that. The Hulk is a childlike creature, so I figured they were just going for a portrayal of that on his face.

I get what you are saying but you can be 'childlike' without actualy being, or having the attributes, of a child.

Half the posters on this board provide proof of that on a daily basis. :D

yea i thought i was right on the heights, thanks for confirming it to me guys. and yea i totally cant wait for avengers to see if we will get a thor vs hulk brawl.

Wouldn't it be more impressive for Thor to go toe to toe with a 9 foot hulk than an only slightly bigger than him 7 foot hulk?

I wouldn't like that at all, I always get taken out of a fight when one opponent is way larger than the second, for example the final sequence with spidey and sandman. thor and hulk should be similar size.

Fixed. You really need to get your strength/size balance in the correct proportion.

You think his bicep should be 30 feet around and you are mocking about getting proportion correct?

:doh:

I wouldn't like that at all, I always get taken out of a fight when one opponent is way larger than the second, for example the final sequence with spidey and sandman. thor and hulk should be similar size.
So they should just blow the continuity they've been hellbent on maintaining because you don't like when one guy in a fight is bigger than the other?

The problem is, Marvel (i.e. Disney) has painted itself into a corner, so to speak if they want to make Thor really strong - particularly when it comes time to do the Avengers. Look at the CGI Hulk - he's NINE FEET TALL for crying out loud, and built like an M1 tank. Then look at who's playing Thor. Judging from the sole photo we have of Hemsworth in costume, he's built like someone who goes to the gym 3x a week. He's only 6'3", also. The CGI Hulk could mash him like a bug. Yeah, yeah, somebody's gonna give me that whole "Wonder Woman" argument that size doesn't equate to strength, but tell that to the non-comics-reading moviegoing audience, which DOES equate size with strength. All I can say is, I hope Arad or whoever puts some serious CGI muscles or foam-suit on him or something to make his hoped-for strength a little more believable. I saw Hemsworth in Star Trek - he ain't that big.
The general audience (non-comic readers) will believe it because Thor is a god.

i want them to be GRAND. any ideas of what he could do?

Well according to the latest interview he can lift at least one man up, maybe even two men at the same time. I also saw some footage of him of him throwing a powerful knee into some guard's face and he didn't look like he was holding back. The guy fell back at least 3 feet. I'm sure anyone who's seen the ET footage knows what I'm talking about. He can definately take on the average man, there isn't any question. Thor will be strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"