Feats & Power Displays in Thor: Ragnarok

Thor also hit Hela with lightning bolt and broke down the Bifrost Bridge in the process when Surtr appeared.

Last edited:
Fight is on youtube, and has been. I must have watched the fight 50+ times. Thor doesn't bodyslam Hulk at all.

The scene you may be referring to is when Thor is choking Hulk out, Hulk jumps backwards, slamming Thor into the ground on his back, but Thor didn't release grip, and Hulk struggled, Thor shoved him off. At first glance, it looked like Thor may have bodied him, but he 100% did not.

Exactly. And that's pretty easy to see: Hulk jumps, Thor's feet don't even touch the ground.

tumblr_p408vb1Y4a1wsop9xo1_540.gif

tumblr_p408vb1Y4a1wsop9xo2_540.gif

:funny:

#DemMoves

Very cool power feat indeed.
yeah, true.

it also says that he moves like a lightning which reminds me of Jane in the comics.

then again, hard to take script 100% seriously because most of those don't make sense.

I guess they cut and changed most of the things.

I go by what I see tbh.

Last edited:
Not really a feat but the first time we saw Beast Mode Thor.

tumblr_p52ya0Tsw41rv1d8ho3_540.gif

That scene was superb. One of his best across all films imo.

Not really a feat but the first time we saw Beast Mode Thor.

tumblr_p52ya0Tsw41rv1d8ho3_540.gif

I'm sure this was already discussed ad nauseam, but I found it rather clever how Waititi went about reimagining the Odin Force (if you even want to call it that). Traditionally (i.e., in the comics), upon Odin's passing, the full measure of his cosmic power bequeaths to Thor. Waititi did something notably different, however, by having Odin's death merely serve as the stimulus to unlocking Thor's own godly potential, as opposed to slavishly replicating the latter scenario. Good stuff, good stuff.

That hammer was to help you control your power, to focus it. It was never your source of strength.

I'm sure this was already discussed ad nauseam, but I found it rather clever how Waititi went about reimagining the Odin Force (if you even want to call it that). Traditionally (i.e., in the comics), upon Odin's passing, the full measure of his cosmic power bequeaths to Thor. Waititi did something notably different, however, by having Odin's death merely serve as the stimulus to unlocking Thor's own godly potential, as opposed to slavishly replicating the latter scenario. Good stuff, good stuff.

I definitely preferred what we got in the film, I always wanted Thor to be a BADASS under his own power without Mjolnir or Odin's power. However, now that it's been established I wouldn't Thor actually getting the Odin Force or powers of the Runes (Rune King Thor) in IW or A4.

I definitely preferred what we got in the film, I always wanted Thor to be a BADASS under his own power without Mjolnir or Odin's power. However, now that it's been established I wouldn't Thor actually getting the Odin Force or powers of the Runes (Rune King Thor) in IW or A4.

Wholly agreed. As a longtime reader of Thor, I always found it odd that Thor was heretofore incapable of summoning his own storm w/o the aid of Mjolnir. So, you can imagine how pleased I was to finally see this happen under Jason Aaron's Gorr run, and subsequently in the film.

Wholly agreed. As a longtime reader of Thor, I always found it odd that Thor was heretofore incapable of summoning his own storm w/o the aid of Mjolnir. So, you can imagine how pleased I was to finally see this happen under Jason Aaron's Gorr run, and subsequently in the film.

Well Thor has summoned lightning without Mjolnir years ago while fighting Hercules and again while fighting Hulk.

Thor even used a God Blast without Mjolnir versus Fenris and he's also shot lightning from his hand while fighting Radioactive Man. So Thor doing this in the MCU fits right in with the comics because he's been doing it there for decades.

Well Thor has summoned lightning without Mjolnir years ago while fighting Hercules and again while fighting Hulk.

Thor even used a God Blast without Mjolnir versus Fenris and he's also shot lightning from his hand while fighting Radioactive Man. So Thor doing this in the MCU fits right in with the comics because he's been doing it there for decades.

Well, I'll be damned! All this time, I thought Aaron was the first writer to have him do so.

Thanks for the info. :up:

Well, I'll be damned! All this time, I thought Aaron was the first writer to have him do so.

Thanks for the info. :up:

Oh nooo, Thor's done in it the comics as early as the 1960's and anytime bro. :up:

I remember Thor fought Hercules in a strictly "hand to hand" fight and Thor ended up cheating by striking Herc with lightning. :hehe:

The lightning flowing through Thor's fingers remind me of Cole McGrath from the video game inFAMOUS.

Last edited:
Prime Surtur in all his glory. I could only imagine how the hell did Odin defeated Surtur. Now that would be trully worth discovering, seeing a younger Odin take down a giant of a beast... In a future movie they could even incoporate a flashback of this maybe connected with the destruction of Korbin and the origin of Beta Ray Bill and his motivations.

Thor_Ragnarok_2017_Screenshot_3479.jpg

Thor_Ragnarok_2017_Screenshot_3508.jpg

Thor_Ragnarok_2017_Screenshot_3519.jpg

Thor_Ragnarok_2017_Screenshot_3528.jpg

Prime Surtur in all his glory. I could only imagine how the hell did Odin defeated Surtur. Now that would be trully worth discovering, seeing a younger Odin take down a giant of a beast... In a future movie they could even incoporate a flashback of this maybe connected with the destruction of Korbin and the origin of Beta Ray Bill and his motivations.

Thor_Ragnarok_2017_Screenshot_3479.jpg

Thor_Ragnarok_2017_Screenshot_3508.jpg

Thor_Ragnarok_2017_Screenshot_3519.jpg

Thor_Ragnarok_2017_Screenshot_3528.jpg

I'm down with the idea of showing Odin vs Surtur and Korbin being destroyed during their battle.

Wonder how the MCU version of the new weapon will compare to Mjolnir.

It'll be better most likely, what's the point of getting a new weapon if it's not better than your last weapon.

I think it will probably be deadlier. With the sharp edge...
I doubt it will be more powerful than mjolnir. It doesn't need to be. And if it's going to be forged in the same place as mjolnir i assume it could be equally as powerful. I also don't think it will give Thor the ability of flight even though i really hope it does somehow... And the worthiness enchantment most likely won't exist either because Odin is dead.

In the end of the day i think mjolnir will be quite different than Stormbreaker. But i do think that giving a virtually indestructible and super sharp weapon to an already insanely powerful Thor will only boost him to higher heights.

Armed King Thor > King Thor.

Sounds good. I’d like to see Thor have the power of flight without his weapon. Will be great if it’s an upgrade from Mjolnir overall.

Sounds good. I’d like to see Thor have the power of flight without his weapon. Will be great if it’s an upgrade from Mjolnir overall.

Yeah I want to see Thor flying on his own accord, which I think we already saw when he landed on the rainbow bridge during the final battle of Ragnarok.

It never bothered me that Thor relied on Mjolnir to fly. It made for an interesting boundary on his power and helped make him more than just a Superman clone. I'd rather he be able to open portals with Mjolnir than fly without it but that ship has sailed I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"