FF in May...oh my...(Spoilers!)

No, I'm just saying that once he gets himself together (body and soul) that Richards didn't strip him of ALL his assets... just the ones on Latveria. Going by the Doombot factory, it means he probably has access to equipment, armor, robots, etc. all over the world.

Hey, the REAL news here is that LEE WEEKS is drawing this issue. It's about time an A team artist was on the FF again! Also of note, in May the 10th volume of the Fantastic Four Masterworks comes out, collecting the last [almost] of the Kirby run, up to #104!

3dman27 said:
vicious vic with THOR'S POWERS?
WATCH YOUR BACKS FF

I love Doom, I really do. I argued and argued and argued over his character in the FF movie and I think he's the greatest villian in the history of comics, but that's just it...villian. Yes, Doom has his own code and is definately noble in his own way, but he's not worthy of lifting Thor's hammer. Only characters as pure as say, Cap or Black Panther could meet the requirements to lift it.

And that's nothing against Doom. I don't think any of the FF could qualify to lift it either.

Kurosawa said:
I love Doom, I really do. I argued and argued and argued over his character in the FF movie and I think he's the greatest villian in the history of comics, but that's just it...villian. Yes, Doom has his own code and is definately noble in his own way, but he's not worthy of lifting Thor's hammer. Only characters as pure as say, Cap or Black Panther could meet the requirements to lift it.

And that's nothing against Doom. I don't think any of the FF could qualify to lift it either.

But the solicits also say that Doom is "reborn"..... maybe he had an epiphany or something while trapped between dimensions. :)

Seriously though. With Odin being dead, perhaps his enchantment over the Uru Hammer has disappeared with him. It might be fair game for anyone.

CaptainStacy said:
I hate these "Death In The Family" type stories, as a fan, they're a real pain in the ash. Take the death of Reed that Obi-Ron just mentioned. All that meant to me was that i had to deal with two and a half years of crap before it was inevitably retconned.

I hate this kinda crap.
Killing two of the FF? :rolleyes: Yeah, that'll be about as permanent as Spiderman's "death," "Electric blue" Superman, Cyborg Superman, Azreal as Batman, the above-mentioned deaths of Reed (and Doom) back in '94...Spidey's black costume...or his newest crappy costume, for that matter. (Which by the way, I predict he will shed once he parts ways politically with Tony Stark at some point in "Civil War." Yawwwn.)

As for this Dr. Doom/Thor hammer thing...kinda makes me wonder if Doom will briefly have the power of life and death, and resurrect Sue and whoever, making Reed eternally indebted to him.

But Quesada so doesn't get it. How to run Marvel, that is.
Everybody just remember his exact words here: "Two of the FF die, not just one. Gone, goodbye, nevermore."

"Two of the FF die - Gone, goodbye, nevermore."
-Joe Quesada, February 2006

He knows it's a lie. We know it's a lie.
The House of Ideas (back when they had ideas) was never about lying to the fans to boost sales.:mad:

Iron Maiden said:
But the solicits also say that Doom is "reborn"..... maybe he had an epiphany or something while trapped between dimensions. :)

Seriously though. With Odin being dead, perhaps his enchantment over the Uru Hammer has disappeared with him. It might be fair game for anyone.

If there's no enchantment on the hammer, then anyone can pick it up. Odin removed the enchantments once (at Thor's request) and the Hulk picked it up.

I'm sure it's still enchanted.

Marvel needs to bring Thor himself back.

CaptainStacy said:
I hope Franklin and Valeria are not killed off.

I hate these "Death In The Family" type stories, as a fan, they're a real pain in the ash. Take the death of Reed that Obi-Ron just mentioned. All that meant to me was that i had to deal with two and a half years of crap before it was inevitably retconned.
NO DOUBT!!

...and it's a GIVEN that Quesada's smokin' crack.

We just don't wanna know whose.

Why I no longer buy titles I've collected for 30 years:

Malus said:
"Two of the FF die - Gone, goodbye, nevermore."
-Joe Quesada, February 2006

He knows it's a lie. We know it's a lie.
The House of Ideas (back when they had ideas) was never about lying to the fans to boost sales.:mad:

Is Fantastic Four #536 going to be one of Marvels best books this year

Go for it.

Also anyone have a pic of the cover?

What the bad place is that soppsed to mean?

You should be banned. Man thats really not funny.

JMS gives us a clue on how Doom returns from bad place and his plans for the character....oh, and on the FF too.

More details from the FF #536 Press Conference posted at Newsarama

And a find this part encouraging for those of us that were a bit dissatisfed with the spin Mark Waid but on the character...

"Asked where Dr. Doom is, as a character in FF #536, Straczynski said that he's always loved the nobility of the character and his belief that his actions are all to build a better Latveria"

Edited to add a longer response from Comicbookresources

"When we last saw you handle Dr. Doom, you had a little bit of fun with the nobility aspect of the character. Where do you think the character is now and what aspects of the character do you think are important to this particular story?

JMS: I've always loved Doom's character. As you said, there is a certain nobility to him. This is a guy that however odd he is or however wrong he may be from our point of view, he thinks he's a patriot and he thinks he's trying to build a better Latveria and he has his own code of conduct. We may not agree with it, but he has one. As opposed to a lot of guys in corporate America or elsewhere who have no particular compass, he has one. Granted it points straight to bad place, but he has a compass. Which of course is where we find him at present. The question is how do we get him out of bad place? What we discover over the course of the book is the hammer has passed through time and space to get here, it momentarily breached the gateway to bad place itself and was able to sort of provide a way for Doom to get out and that's how he became aware of it and why it's important for him to find once he got here. His whole goal is to get his hands on that thing and he thinks he now has the capacity to do something with it.

So, whether you agree with him or not, and I think most people with any sort of conscience do not, he is an honorable guy. He's someone I've always admired as a character throughout the years, from Stan & Jack writing him and thereafter. "

Here's a sneak preview of a knockout panel from Mike McKone

FF536012.jpg

Ok thanks. When does FF 536 actually come out? Is that the cocis we find out what FF members die?

Marvel lists it on their website as shipping for March 29 but
the most accurate source is Diamond Comic Distributor Shipping List. Sometimes the books ship on a later date but if you see it on Diamond's list, it will be in the stores. It is what is the shop owners should be getting for that week.

So the 29th, geeze thats still a fair way away. When did 535 come out?

Once agian thank you. Was that the issue agianst gray Hulk how Jonny went Nova?

Kurosawa is correct in what he says above.

If it is written that Doom (my hero- but still...) has the same noble heart of Thor or Cap or that Mjolnir wouldn't recognize the taint in his soul... then JMS will have taken another "Sins Past" sized leap away from accurate characterization.

VICTORVONDOOMX said:
Kurosawa is correct in what he says above.

If it is written that Doom (my hero- but still...) has the same noble heart of Thor or Cap or that Mjolnir wouldn't recognize the taint in his soul... then JMS will have taken another "Sins Past" sized leap away from accurate characterization.

JMS says in an interview over on Newsarama that he's "always admired the character's nobility" which may indicate an essential misunderstanding of Dr. Doom.
Doom is not noble, at least not by any reasonable definition.
Looking around the world today, I think most of us would agree that simply holding a throne or wielding power doesn't qualify one.
But Doom believes he is noble.

Now...will that belief allow him to lift Mjolnir?
If so, things could get very interesting.

re: Mjolnir floating through dimensions pulling Doom out of bad place; Given that, being generous, the death of Ben's body put his soul in bad place, his body would still be stuck in that pocket dimension that Waid had Reed stick him in.

You've got a point there, Malus. And, the cover shows a Doom-style gauntlet holding the shaft of Mjolnir, it says nothing about whether the attempt to lift it is successful.

Edit: On second look, pieces of rock are coming off Mjolnir, and it is being lifted after all. Guess Doom's got it all to himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"