Comics Spider-Man in February

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #119

Written by Brian Michael Bendis, pencils and cover by Stuart Immonen.

Wolverine is in the pages of Ultimates 3 so why can't Magneto be here? One of Peter's friends at Midtown High had a secret: they're a mutant! But now the secret is out, and it's all that Spider-Man can do to keep the entire school from totally freaking out! And just to knock the situation into even more of a panic, here comes the most malevolent mutant of all: Magneto, Master of Magnetism!

32 pages, $2.99

SPIDER-MAN: WITH GREAT POWER... #2

Written by David Lapham, pencils and cover by Tony Harris.

As Stan Lee wrote in the pages of AMAZING FANTASY #15 ³Now anybody with the intelligence of a seven year old knows that if a man appeared on TV who seemed to be more spider than human, he'd be an overnight sensation!² For the first time, we peel back the curtain to see what Peter Parker's life was like after the bite but before the tragic death of his Uncle Ben. Professional wrestling, cars, girls, fame, money...ladies and gentlemen, meet Peter Parker, the wallflower bitten by a radioactive spider and given great power!

32 pages, $3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #17

Written by Tom DeFalco, pencils and cover by Ron Frenz.

Caught in the middle of a war between the Black Tarantula and the Hobgoblin, Spider-Girl learns that there's a new Crimelord in town who claims to possess the secret files of Wilson Fisk, the former Kingpin of Crime.

32 pages, $2.99.

SPIDER-MAN FAMILY #7

Written by Todd Dezago and Mark Waid, art and cover by Karl Kesel.

The Looter! This guy found a meteorite that gave him enhanced speed and strength, and the misconception that he's a genius (he's actually dumber than dirt). So WHY is he such a pain to Spidey and the FF??? Well, obviously it...oh, wait. I can't tell you why. Read and find out! This special issue is brought to you by Kesel, DeZago and Waid, who take you on an adventure that spans their buddy Mike Wieringo's favorite places in the Marvel U! Also featuring classic tales and Spider-Man J!

104 pages, $4.99

MARVEL ADVENTURES SPIDER-MAN #36

Written by Fred Van Lente, penciled by Cory Hamscher, cover by David Nakayama.

Norman Osborn has bullied his son Harry into donning the guise of the Green Goblin to bust him out of prison. But when Peter Parker and J. Jonah Jameson get caught in the middle of the jailbreak, will Harry help Spider-Man...or destroy him?

32 pages, $2.99.

In case anyone is wondering where Amazing Spider-Man is; check the January solicitations.

amazing551.jpg

ULTSM0119.jpg

spidermangreat2.jpg

amazingspidergirl17.jpg

spidermanfamily7.jpg

madspiderman36.jpg

OH MY GOD... I am so looking forward to Spider-Man family#7. Dezago's back and he's bringing the Looter with him! The Sensational issue where Ben fights the Looter is my favorite Spider-Ben issue. It just really, really sucks that Ringo is no longer with us.....

Y'know; i was driving along the other day, thinking about the Spidey books, and i says to myself, i says: "You know what the Spidey books could use right now? ANOTHER Goblin character!"

Did i call it or what?

:whatever:

Y'know; i was driving along the other day, thinking about the Spidey books, and i says to myself, i says: "You know what the Spidey books could use right now? ANOTHER Goblin character!"

Did i call it or what?

You know, I didn't even notice it at first, because the Spidey pose was really impressive...

And truth be told, a Goblin IS required in the Spidey-Verse... just as Norman's legacy had run to its end, the HobGoblin was created. And then Harry's final days as the Green Goblin was awesome stuff.

Unfortunately, as Marvel decided to go back to Norman when they should have left him 6 feet under, perhaps this is the new creative approach to bringing back a bonafide Goblin-esque type villain to Spidey's fold... something new, something refreshing...

A part of me is groaning, but a greater part of me is excited. I have LOTS of faith in this new creative team dynamic.

:yay:

It's the CRIMSON GOBLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just see Peter standing there with this look on his face: :whatever:

The second Hobgoblin and FOURTH Green Goblin were overkill. Norman is still around now, Kingsley is still around...why do we need this jackass too?

Oh well, it's not like I'm paying for a new issue again, so I guess I can'at complain. :p

Spider-Man: With Great Power seems like it's going to be very interesting. A must have IMO. :up:

How many Goblins (also Goblin-related) are there, lets see:
Proto-Goblin
Green Goblin I - Norman Osborn II
Green Goblin II - Harry Osborn
Green Goblin III - Bart Hamilton
Green Goblin IV - Phil Urich
Green Goblin V - Normie Osborn
Hobgoblin I - Roderick Kingsley
Hobgoblin II - Lefty Donovon
Hobgoblin III - Ned Leeds
Hobgoblin IV - Jason Phillip Macendale

Demogoblin
Jack O' Lantern I -
Jack O' Lantern II -
Jack O' Lantern III -

Golden Goblin - Phil Urich

Menace
Goblin from Amazing 551 cover....

who was the guy flyin' around in Untold Tales "The Headsman" or something to that effect.
did I miss any?

and why is he wearing his movie costume????

Didn't you hear:huh:

Larroca is super hyped about this, and has gone nutso being the 1st guys to really go for the movie costume consistently through his (spidey,) books.

After seeing the results, Whacker, Breevort and Quesada (seem to,) really go for it.

Thus the 5th Spider-Man villain movie joke in the solicits...

To be honest, I think those Larroa covers are sweet :up:

Hope he delivers with the interiors...

USM and Spider-Gril look good, the rest is crap.

Did i call it or what?

Brand New Day ('cough' Chapter One) looks terrible. The preview in Wizard looked awful with some badly drawn 'Menace' guy. Everything over the last year indicates they don't care if the story is good anymore. Salvador is doing that painting thing again.

I quit!

Spidey looks really awesome in that movie style costume, but do we need another Goblin? Geeze

How many Goblins (also Goblin-related) are there, lets see:
Proto-Goblin
Green Goblin I - Norman Osborn II
Green Goblin II - Harry Osborn
Green Goblin III - Bart Hamilton
Green Goblin IV - Phil Urich
Green Goblin V - Normie Osborn
Hobgoblin I - Roderick Kingsley
Hobgoblin II - Lefty Donovon
Hobgoblin III - Ned Leeds
Hobgoblin IV - Jason Phillip Macendale

Demogoblin
Jack O' Lantern I -
Jack O' Lantern II -
Jack O' Lantern III -

Golden Goblin - Phil Urich

Menace
Goblin from Amazing 551 cover....

who was the guy flyin' around in Untold Tales "The Headsman" or something to that effect.
did I miss any?

Yeah, but to be fair, the only Goblin from that list who isnt dead or inactive is The Grey Goblin (who incidentally, is not on your list :woot: )...

Even Norman is currently inactive, although that may change at any time.

But yeah; why create a NEW one, when Greeen, Grey, and Hob are all still available?

amazing551.jpg

That looks awesome with the movie costume. Is it just the covers that he will be drawn like that, or the inside too?

This one practically looks like a movie poster:

asmcma5.jpg

Pretty sweet. Can't wait!

Oh well, looks like i'm still the only one around here who's looking forward to Brand New Day and Spidey's exciting new status-quo. :csad:

I'm looking forward to it as well.... especially when I hear them talking about sub-plots, and an on-going soap-opera storytelling feel that was always at the heart of great Spidey stories...

:word: :word: :word:

:yay:

Oh well, looks like i'm still the only one around here who's looking forward to Brand New Day and Spidey's exciting new status-quo. :csad:

Nah, im with ya. Just curious why'd they make a NEW Goblin when they havent even really wrapped up the storyline with the LAST Goblin....he's still at large, whereabouts unknown...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"