Film Footage of Anne Frank

I love clerks. :lmao:

Way to completely miss a Clerks reference :awesome:

Um, actually, I hadn't read your post when I was "quoting" Ace....therefore, I "quoted" Ace....

Not a matter of not getting your joke, because I wasn't replying to your joke....:cwink:

In Kel's defense, Ace has previously been confused as to the origins of the Whistler's Mother painting, and Clerks sucked. :o

How we managed to get from a topic of one of history's most notable icons to Clerks I'll not soon know.

Also Clerks was awesome, how could you miss it's sardonic and hip humor? It was an excellent movie, but I hope it feels so good to be right. There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?

I have no short comings.

Only on the hype can a discussion on Anne Frank turn into a discussion on "Clerks" and live in an alternate universe....

Um, actually, I hadn't read your post when I was "quoting" Ace....therefore, I "quoted" Ace....

Not a matter of not getting your joke, because I wasn't replying to your joke....:cwink:

I didn't say it was my joke at all - I was just pointing out that you missed it in general :oldrazz:

Creepy, like watching a video of a ghost.

I didn't say it was my joke at all - I was just pointing out that you missed it in general :oldrazz:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I just didn't laugh......:cwink::fhm:

I'm about a day late, but I must say it...

Funny. She doesn't look deaf, dumb, and blind to me.

Wait 'til you see the handwriting in her diary.

I remember I seen this footage in 5th grade. I thought it would've been on the internet ages ago. But, then again, it's not a cat playing an instrument.

*Sigh*

Play me off Piano cat.

Sorry, I found Clerks to be so utterly boring that I couldn't keep watching it, maybe it gets better towards the end, but it just wasn't funny in the slightest.

Stuff like this bores you?

[YT]IsFfBB2W7IA[/YT]

That is indeed sad :o

Stuff like this bores you?

[YT]IsFfBB2W7IA[/YT]

That is indeed sad :o

The flying car bit was funny, about five years ago when I heard a stand up ask for them. The rest was typical Kevin Smith stuff that would be funny were it delivered by someone like Jason Lee. These two guys are exactly why Clerks sucked.

Also, flying cars are a terrible idea.

Randal's ass**** nature and Dante's frustrated reactions are exactly WHY Clerks is funny. If you don't appreciate that dynamic, there's something wrong with your ability to perceive funny.

The only thing "wrong" is that they're not funny.

Clerks is awesome. I love Kevin Smith.

I didn't used to when I was younger, when I was a teenager, but the past couple years or so I've really been getting into him. Very smart humor.

As far as Anne Frank not being an inspiration, because thousands of Jews did the same thing?

That's like saying Rosa Parks, or MLK, or Malcolm X weren't inspirations because there were plenty in the black community that were standing up for their rights as well.

Parks, King and X(?) got people motivated and inspired to fight for civil rights. What did Frank inspire anybody to do? By the time her diary was discovered, the Holocaust was over.

So you can't draw inspiration from something and apply it to a different situation?

That's bull****.

Clerks is awesome. I love Kevin Smith.

I didn't used to when I was younger, when I was a teenager, but the past couple years or so I've really been getting into him. Very smart humor.

Not really. It's written in a more sophisticated way, but the humor itself is pretty raunchy. But I do love both Clerks 1 and 2.

Kevin Smith, though? Not so much. He's funny, but he's got too much attitude towards his fans. Sometimes it seems to me he thinks he's some sort of literary god. And I heard he was a total *****e at his Comic Con panel this year. My dislike grows for him nearly every day.

But anyway, yes, Anne Frank......

A fan asked him why he sucked and he got up and head butted them.

Disclaimer: This may be complete bollox.

So you can't draw inspiration from something and apply it to a different situation?

That's bull****.

There's a limit to how different of a situation you can apply it to, there's nobody (sane) out there going "that little Jewish girl wrote a diary, so I'm gonna climb Everest!" And really, she didn't do anything all that spectacular, just a little girl writing in her diary. It's the situation she was in that was more important. It's incredibly informative and allows an insight into the situation, but it's hardly anything I'd call inspiring.

[A];17556605 said:
Two words written by Frank are better than anything Smith would ever come up with.

Seriously you're comparing the dialog of a holocaust victim to Jay and Silent Bob.... They aren't even the same ****ing thing.

The video. And no, I'm not, I have to wait until I get the cash for the subscription fee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"