Anger of bieber Anne frank comments

I had a phone conversation with a friend of mine about this, and she compared it to John Lennon's comment about the Beatles being more popular than Jesus back in the 60s. My response?

"Bieber didn't write Strawberry Fields Forever." :o

I had a phone conversation with a friend of mine about this, and she compared it to John Lennon's comment about the Beatles being more popular than Jesus back in the 60s. My response?

"Bieber didn't write Strawberry Fields Forever." :o

I'll agree with your friend on that one. It's still celeb self-aggrandizing.

Think about the Ann Frank museum, what it is supposed to memorialize, and its context. Is its point to pay tribute to the personal qualities of Ann Frank? Is the instructive value of the museum that its visitors come away thinking that Ann Frank seemed like a nice kid?

To my mind, the reason the museum stands is because it is intended to preserve a global memory of an abhorrent crime against humanity, as represented by the piercingly tragic death of one of its innocent victims.

To summarise the feelings that visiting the museum generated in you with the thought that Ann Frank was 'a great girl' does, to my mind, miss the point. To describe the place as 'inspiring' is equally odd. Neither are nasty or offensive remarks, but rather irrelevant and indicative of someone who hasn't been paying attention. In my opinion.

I maintain that, on a close reading of his comment, he must have walked around the museum without taking his eyes off his i phone. Clearly no malice was intended, it is just a remarkable display of failed cognition.

There are pictures of him goofing around while in the Anne Frank house. :doh:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/15/justin-bieber-raises-dukes-boxing-at-anne-frank-house/
I knew it. What a little moron.

If a dumb meaningless comment can generate this much interest in the guy (in circles that hate him). He must be doing something right.

Yes, I am obviously articulating my own opinion.

Withering though those three (no less) rolley-eyes are, I don't think it is controversial to say that a ridiculous action deserves ridicule.

Bieber couldn't degrade the legacy of Ann Frank if he tried, because they are two figures of completely unequal gravity in the public conscience. But the evidence is that plenty of people have found his comment to be offensive and insulting. I'm sure that wasn't intended, but consequences are frequently unintended.

People find lots of things offensive and insulting these things. Things that are nowhere near offensive and insulting. And much like this thread, those people make big deals out of something that is nothing.

I'll care when he goes to the Anne Frank museum and tries to trivialize her and bash her. Not when he tries to say something good about her and just makes a dumb misguided comment with no ill intent in the process.

People find lots of things offensive and insulting these things. Things that are nowhere near offensive and insulting. And much like this thread, those people make big deals out of something that is nothing.

I'll care when he goes to the Anne Frank museum and tries to trivialize her and bash her. Not when he tries to say something good about her and just makes a dumb misguided comment with no ill intent in the process.

What I find worse than his guest book comment is the fact he continued to wear his hoodie and sunglasses in the museum. What a *****e. Show a modicum of respect.

What I find worse than his guest book comment is the fact he continued to wear his hoodie and sunglasses in the museum. What a *****e. Show a modicum of respect.

That, too, upsets me more than the comments. As well as apparently boxing around with his buddies in the basement.

He's a slave to hipster/wangster fashion. He is a pretentious cocky little **** that doesn't deserve the fame he has. The End.

ePtenu9.jpg

I think anyone that compares listening to Bieber to what Hitler did needs to ****.

Bieber is trolling cause he's losing popularity. /thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"