Films that should be Remade/Rebooted

I have to completelly disagree, unquestionable winner? This is the franchise that deserved a great film series the most:

1st-Dragon-Ball-Video-Game-Dragon-Power-Reviewed-by-ScrewAttack-Video-Game-Vault.jpg

tumblr_mfqinfEQCF1rk1pfso1_500.jpg

tumblr_mp6tgnd6Dv1qajnnzo1_1280.jpg

Is an imaginative and expansive franchise, interesting fighting style, has a large cult following, easy to market for families. Instead, they ripped off Spider-Man and ignored what Akira Toriyama told them.

I never really got into Dragonball Z. If there's an adaptation of a cartoon that needs to be remade, I have to say it's Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Each season should be broken down into two or three movies, making it a series of six to nine complete films. Aang should be played by an Asian kid. Katara and Sokka should be played by Native American kids. Prince Zuko and General Iroh should be played by Japanese actors, as should everyone else from the Fire Nation. The movies should maintain the fun and excitement of the series. The characters' names should be pronounced properly. The element bending should be as impressive as in the show. And most important . . .

M Night Shamalamadingdong should not be allowed ANYWHERE near these movies. He doesn't write, direct, or produce them . . . EVER!

I never really got into Dragonball Z. If there's an adaptation of a cartoon that needs to be remade, I have to say it's Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Each season should be broken down into two or three movies, making it a series of six to nine complete films. Aang should be played by an Asian kid. Katara and Sokka should be played by Native American kids. Prince Zuko and General Iroh should be played by Japanese actors, as should everyone else from the Fire Nation. The movies should maintain the fun and excitement of the series. The characters' names should be pronounced properly. The element bending should be as impressive as in the show. And most important . . .

M Night Shamalamadingdong should not be allowed ANYWHERE near these movies. He doesn't write, direct, or produce them . . . EVER!

I wasn't talking about Dragon Ball Z, but Dragon Ball on the whole, trust me, when you start watching the saga from the beginning when Goku is a kid, it gets much easier to get into Dragon Ball Z, Z is just the second half of the manga, that was divided when it was adapted in anime form, but was published as the same story without any real hiatus or rebranding in between.

From the production in TLA it seems like a lot of problems were beyond Shyamalan, i'm all for another try on Avatar, as long as they don't white wash the universe, do the elements better and try giving an actualy good and complete film. Breaking each Season into so many films would be tricky, i think the only one that needs to be broken down that is Book 3, the end of "Day of the Black Sun" is a perfect cliffhanger. I think Shyamalan did chose some of the most important bits from Book 1 to adapt, he just didn't make a cohesive story with them at all, first arc deals with the water tribe, therefore the entire film needs to build up to the siege of the north.

One think that would probably need to change are the ages of the characters, instead of taking place in a single year, the events would probably need to take place throghout 3-5 years.

Since we're in the subject of cartoons being adapted, i think shonen anime/ manga (usualy targeted at the teenage demographic, Avatar had a lot of characteristics from Battle shonen mangas/ anime) are ripe for live action adaptations, many of them have exactly what Hollywood has been trying to find in young adult books, which is an interesting universe to explore.

Dragon Ball was already mentioned, and i think the best way to do it is by not tryng to make it gritty and realistic, it should practicaly be Wizard of Oz with martial arts, mixed with a bit of Star Wars. Another one that would be perfect is Fullmetal Alchemist:

Fullmetal_Alchemist_Poster_by_gossymer.jpg

It's similar to Avatar in the fact that it tells a complete and cohesive story, with an interesting power system (Alchemy) that's controled enough in order to not be overpowered, and all the set-up leads into a grand finale. Unlike with Avatar, you wouldn't have to worry about whitewashing, since the world is based on early 20th Century Europe and America.

Well, it looks like now we know why that Last Starfighter remake will apparently never happen.

I'm not a fan of Seth Rogen taking it over (mainly because I think he would cast himself in the lead role) but STEVEN SPIELBERG? My God, when the greatest mainstream filmmaker of all time wants to remake your movie, you ****ing let him, damn it.

30 seconds over Tokyo. Retold more than remade.

Pearl Harbor, same.

I doubt Spielberg would have Directed it, seems like another one of the films he could have produced. Either way, it sounds strange for Universal to pass such an oportunity, they've been trying to desperately find another viable franchise besides Fast & Furious, they're now resurrecting Jurassic Park and possibly Universal Horror, they're not like Disney, which wouldn't gain much, even if the film was a major success.

Is it wrong to want a Honey I shrunk the kids remake?

The Christian Bale/Matthew McConaughey film Reign of Fire, about a post-apocalyptic wasteland ruled by dragons.

I once had this idea that Dragons dont actually breathe fire but basically fart from their mouth and when its met with torches it lights up giving the illusion they can exhale fire...I could have worded it a bit better.

Last edited:
"Apocalypse Now", but in the Middle East.

Santa Clause, The Movie (Dudley Moore version).

As a child growing up, that was a fantastic interpretation for me and i just loved it. It made me believe and behave for old saint nick!

I would love a great live action reboot of the Santa Clause film, where he is surrounded by Elves and something of an urban legend as the modern age child slowly forgets.

Will Ferrell's Elf came really close, but i want a bit more folk lore added, a hint of LOTR style history.

Santa - Arnold Schwarzenegger (his performance in Maggie shows he can do it)
Patch - Martin Freeman
Mrs Clause - Meryl Streep
B.Z - Steve Coogan

Santa Clause, The Movie (Dudley Moore version).

As a child growing up, that was a fantastic interpretation for me and i just loved it. It made me believe and behave for old saint nick!

I would love a great live action reboot of the Santa Clause film, where he is surrounded by Elves and something of an urban legend as the modern age child slowly forgets.

Will Ferrell's Elf came really close, but i want a bit more folk lore added, a hint of LOTR style history.

Santa - Arnold Schwarzenegger (his performance in Maggie shows he can do it)
Patch - Martin Freeman
Mrs Clause - Meryl Streep
B.Z - Steve Coogan

It doesnt sound a thing at all like what you are describing but have you seen this?
morrison-social_3.jpg

You know what buddy, i heard somewhere that they had this idea of Santa taking on terrorists in a hostage situation - as he was the only one able to get up on the roof and in the building... it was from that they made me think Arnie would be a quick ass santa, thanks for the heads up, i will check it out.

The Warriors -- love it, but modern gangs could be interesting

Battle Royale- probably too controversial for America, but a remake/adaption with American issues of schools and violence would be interesting (Hunger Games doesn't count)

I want a JAWS remake/reboot so bad! I know I'm the minority here. The original is AMAZING one of my favorite all time films. Jaws 2 was decent the other two were just absolute garbage.

I'd love to see a good big budget remake/reboot.

Just a dream cast.
Ian Mcshane as Quint
Paul Giamatti as Matt Hooper
Nathan Fillion or Kark Urban as Martin Brody

Does anyone know if Tim Burton is still going to make an animated Addams Family movie?

Does anyone know if Tim Burton is still going to make an animated Addams Family movie?

That was scrapped over two years ago. It's a shame, really. Tim Burton and The Addams Family would go together like peanut butter and chocolate.

Max Payne. Just go straight to adapting 3, directed by Jose Padhilla and rated R.

i watched sin bad cartoon called legend of seven seas they used to be sin bad movies back in the 1950's i think an tv show or movie trilogy would fit perfect!! i remember i went to disney couple years ago they had an sin bad live action show i thought it would be good for movie trilogy or tv series!!

others i can think of are:
the never ending stories i think their working on it!!
a knight rider movie i enjoyed 2000's remake tv series but i wouldn't made knight rider movie!!
thundarr the barrier he was kind of like he- man
a new he-man movie, i think their working on one!!

more super heros
ones like to see into movie is an super hero called static shock people may remember the cartoon on cartoon network couple years ago!! it was about this kid named Virgil who gets catch in this gang fight he gets sprayed by this gas then he becomes this media human that his the power of electricity!! their is a rumor their making an static shock with wil smith son jaden smith as virgial not sure about this idea or not!!

Last edited:
Yeah, there was a trilogy of Sinbad adventure films during the 50s-70s, i believe there were some rumors during the mid 2000s that the Pirates of the Caribbean crew were developing a Sinbad film.

That trilogy kinda preceded Indiana Jones when it comes to making a trilogy of one-shot adventure stories, would be fun to see what they could make with the concept nowdays, though i myself would prefer 2010s Hollywood to not whitewash the setting like it was done back then.

Nothing.
Fans of the old will always cry unnecessarily, even if the new is fantastic.

The Last Starfighter would be amazing. My only fear would be it repeating itself of getting lost in the shuffle of Star Wars. Now that we are getting Star Wars every year with Disney ( like it or not they deliver more quality material than most studios) I'm afraid that it could get overlooked . I'd still be game for it though. Enemy Mine would be amazing, it was a really good movie . I think it could stand out as well due to its material. Two different species having to put differences aside to survive would make a very good statement in today's world with Race becoming a more and more heated topic . Not that Race has not ever been a topic but it just seems to be a rising issue . Others I would love to see

1. The Guyver
2. Seven Samuari
3. Legend
4. Gremlins

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe