Final Fantasy XIII HD Trailer

Zenien

Reaction score
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/e306/titles/fabula/ff13/e3trailer.html

It's all Realtime except the exterior shots of the train according to Square. Of course they are using cutscene level graphics as well in some obvious bits or at least I think they are (like for her face closeup), but it looks like CGI all the way through which is impressive.

I'm mildly interested in this game, the hints at the combat system make it out to be something very different from XII even.

Speaking of XII, everyone better be picking it up.

I'm looking forward to Final Fantasy Versus XIII more.It looks good,nice and gritty.

What IS Versus XIII anyway? Info?

Zenien said:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/e306/titles/fabula/ff13/e3trailer.html

It's all Realtime except the exterior shots of the train according to Square.
well they're lying, ALL the shots that include the train were prerendered....even when she's fighting the guys inside the train and the last part where the girl is squaring off with that machine.

everything that DOESN'T have the train was realtime....but any shot taking place on, in, or around the train was prerendered.

still, the graphics are VERY impressive considering it took me 3 watches to tell.

The trailer looks beautiful, but I am kinda mixed on the game. The character reminds me too much of Yuna. I'm also not sure I like the battle system. For Final Fantasy, I have always preferred the less chaotic "players on one side, enemies on another" type of battles. FFXII seemed kind of mixed to me in the demo and I won't tell if I truly like it until I get the game, but I have heard great reviews of it, so I am hoping it will be good.

And really this isn't much to go on yet. Either way, I will be looking forward to more news about FFXIII as well.

Yes I agree...
The typical final fantasy battle system is just classical, and I dont think they should change it....
I am slightly worried about FF XII due to the changes in the system...
And even though FF XII and FF XIII look like they rock I dont think they will be as successful as their prequells.

Bleachman said:
Yes I agree...
The typical final fantasy battle system is just classical, and I dont think they should change it....
I am slightly worried about FF XII due to the changes in the system...
And even though FF XII and FF XIII look like they rock I dont think they will be as successful as their prequells.

Welcome to the Hype.

It's hard for me to say whether or not they will be as successful as previous titles. Even if people start saying they aren't as good as the older titles, it is still Final Fantasy and it will sell like hotcakes no matter what.

I mean I am a perfect example, I am not looking forward to FFXII nearly as much as I did previous ones, but you can bet your ass I'll be getting it the day it is released.

Im confused what game is Final Fantasy 11

:confused:

All this talk about 12 & 13. I have no idea if Final Fantasy 11 came out. Unless X2 is also considered Final Fantasy 11 ?

Strgts said:
Im confused what game is Final Fantasy 11

:confused:

All this talk about 12 & 13. I have no idea if Final Fantasy 11 came out. Unless X2 is also considered Final Fantasy 11 ?
Final Fantasy XII is a MMORPG for PS2,Xbox 360 and PC.I've never played it.

kytrigger said:
Welcome to the Hype.

It's hard for me to say whether or not they will be as successful as previous titles. Even if people start saying they aren't as good as the older titles, it is still Final Fantasy and it will sell like hotcakes no matter what.

I mean I am a perfect example, I am not looking forward to FFXII nearly as much as I did previous ones, but you can bet your ass I'll be getting it the day it is released.

thanks XD

um yeah...i will deffinately buy it...just im not sure if it will end like X-2 or be a great hit like X or 7....(even though i doubt the last one ^^;; )

DorkyFresh said:
well they're lying, ALL the shots that include the train were prerendered....even when she's fighting the guys inside the train and the last part where the girl is squaring off with that machine.

everything that DOESN'T have the train was realtime....but any shot taking place on, in, or around the train was prerendered.

still, the graphics are VERY impressive considering it took me 3 watches to tell.

your'e wrong you can see alaising in the full res pics of the game in locations you say are pre rendered. the videos are down sampled making this impossible to see.

these are the same guys that did the FF7 real time tech demo last year so this kind of detail can be expected from them.

The trailer is great. The combat looks very different.

I don't think I can think fast enough.

Iceman/Psylocke said:
The trailer is great. The combat looks very different.

I don't think I can think fast enough.
im sure it takes a little "getting used to it" XD

Bleachman said:
im sure it takes a little "getting used to it" XD

I can't wait even though I'm going to need to spend about £500 to be able to play it. :(

Thanks

The graphics are beautiful.

Roughneck said:
When is XII out?
November.

XIII looks beautiful. It all looks a little physical orientated at the moment though. I do hope there's still room for magic and summons.

I'm so looking forward to Final Fantasy freaking XIII

h-104_54802_01.jpg.jpg

h-104_54802_02.jpg.jpg

h-104_54802_03.jpg.jpg

h-104_54802_05.jpg.jpg

h-104_54802_06.jpg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members