Final Fantasy XI Sequel for PS3, PC and 360

Fran

Banned User
Reaction score
From the latest Rumor Mill in the new EGM:

You don't have to be a fan of Final Fantasy to know the series is pretty popular. Hell, the role playing franchise is practically popping up on every console, handheld, and cell phone this year. So you'd think Square Enix would eventually take a breather and concentrate on some other crap, right? Maybe you would, but not me --- thanks to a hot tip from a moogle, I've discovered a sequel to the online Final Fantasy XI is being made for the PS3, Xbox 360, and PC. But expect the game to take place not in FFXI's Vana'diel, but a world from a previous Final Fantasy game. Our fanboy hopes say FFVII, but our practical mind says FFXII.

I bet if it was the FFVII world, FF fans all over the world would explode with happiness.

Well, they're probably looking for an amazing-looking game first and foremost. :-/

I didn't mean to "pwn" the Wii, I just think that SE isn't looking for something like the Wii to play FFXI-2 right now.

I didn't mean to "pwn" the Wii, I just think that SE isn't looking for something like the Wii to play FFXI-2 right now.
Also isnt a hard drive needed to play FFXI. Im sure a next gen version of that game system will need even more space, which the Wii doesnt have available. That could be another reason why it wasnt mentioned

For all we know this could be just a prettier version of the FF XI sequel thats coming out on DS...Something...Wings or something or other. Not really interested though. Honestly speaking, FF IX which probably had the best combat system to date, was totally lacking the flare and fantasy. It became...to damn political. On top of that, the characters were pretty forgettable, none with a past nor a future one I would be interested in which is suprising since I've always thought that FF characters were special because of how much backstory they have

For all we know this could be just a prettier version of the FF XI sequel thats coming out on DS...Something...Wings or something or other. Not really interested though. Honestly speaking, FF IX which probably had the best combat system to date, was totally lacking the flare and fantasy. It became...to damn political. On top of that, the characters were pretty forgettable, none with a past nor a future one I would be interested in which is suprising since I've always thought that FF characters were special because of how much backstory they have
You mean FFXII right?

Ack. I thought something felt wrong about my post. Sorry, bad at Roman

A FF7 online would rock, but I'm pretty confident it won't happen. Heck it could even work, you could socket materia on weapons and have to pay out the ass for anything other than the first couple of Fire/Ice/Lightning/Cure ones, so not everyone is running around like a superman. Too much to hope for tho heh.

Somewhat unrelated, but I do plan on picking up FFXI tho in the mean time. I quite WoW and tried CoH/CoV GvE 2 pack, and CoH just wasn't my cup of tea tho I did win several CC's and got easy cash heh. So I'm going to pick up FFXI even if it's late in the game to hold me over on my MMO fix. Hopefully after I try it I can know whether to be hyped for the new one or not lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"