Finally buying a PS3...

HUMAN

Sidekick
Reaction score
Alright, here's the deal, I've been waiting for the HD DVD vs. Blu-ray format war to be finished and it finally is. Income tax is on it's way and I'm upgrading my entertainment center to High-Def. I'm getting a 50' Flat screen HD TV and a PS3.

But here's my conundrum:

When I get my PS3, which game should I purchase? I already have an Xbox 360, so I want something exclusive for the PS3. I'm leaning towards Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, simply because it has received high scores in reviews, it completely uses the PS3 power and it's an adventure type game that I really don't get too often. I usually spend most of my time on shooters. Plus, Indiana Jones and the KOTC got me fired up for an adventure game. But is it worth the $60? Should I invest in Resistance instead? HELP! If God of War 3 was out already this decision would be a lot easier...

I think I'm gonna get 30 Days of Night for my first Blu-ray movie. I liked it in the theater, should be cool to see in High-Def.

You can't go wrong with either Uncharted or Resistance. I would say Uncharted because Resistance 2 is coming out this year and you might want to hold out and get the newer edition. Luckily they are both available as demo's on PSN, so maybe you should check them out before you buy them.

i'll tell you what i did when i got it, it was in a bundle with 2 games, out of a choice of 6. so i got the newer games in the bundle. then i bought older games seperately since they were cheaper. thing is by the time you've played those games and also demos on the psn, some other game on your must play list has probably gone cheaper. i've also been playing ps2 games that came out after my PS2 died. i'll not buy a replacement for a broken console. i bought a x-box instead at that time and could get alot of the exclusives cheap.

Two games I definitely HAVE to repurchase are God of War and God of War 2. Maybe I'll get the Metal Gear series too, not sure yet. When does MGS4 come out?

all the trailers say early 2008 but who knows.

why does everyone here feel the need to make a thread when they buy a ps3? i mean, good for you and everything, but really, who cares?

Buddy, PS3 is the right choice, most dependable piece of hardware as I have observed. As for the games, Uncharted is highly recommended. You may also want to try Resistance-1 if you like shooters and also its sequel due out later this year. Burnout Paradise is pretty neat but I wouldn't recommend it, if you want true driving experience, buy GT-5.

Devil May cry 4! Assassin's Creed... and uncharted is a good choice..

This is the best feature of the PS3. Go make a PS3 Network account for free. Then just browse the store for demos and download them overnight. I can download 6 at a time because of my 60 gig HD. Then try them out! Just tryed The Club and hated it! That's one off my list. You might also dig the HD trailers too (d/l Iron Man) They have Turok and even Drakes Fortune so try before you buy (Hey that rhymes..)

why does everyone here feel the need to make a thread when they buy a ps3? i mean, good for and everything, but really, who cares?

I'm asking a question. I want help with my purchasing decision. That's why I came here, so I can get multiple opinions on what title I should buy. The thread isn't meant to bolster the fact that I'm getting a PS3, it's to help me find the right game that will be fun and worth my time and money.

Resistance is a must own game if you have a PS3. The sequel looks like its going to blow it out of the water though.

Uncharted is great
Ratchet & Clank: TOD is great

Motorstorm is meh
Resistance is meh

Lair is awful

Motorstorm is not meh!

meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh