Fire Emblem Fates

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by zenith16, Jan 14, 2015.

1. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]

Fire Emblem Manga Coming From Fire Emblem Fates Creators. July 27, 2015 . 12:01am

A Fire Emblem comic will debut in the September issue of Monthly Young Magazine.
    source: Siliconera

2. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]
    Fire Emblem Fates’ Latest DLC Maps Feature Series’ Merchant Girl Anna. September 23, 2015 . 7:00am

Fire Emblem Fates’ second wave of DLC maps is a throwback to several past titles, and also lets you add Anna from Fire Emblem Awakening to your party.

3. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

4. Matt Mortem

Matt Mortem Karloff is King

I'm gonna be madder than a wet hen if I can't get my hands on this special edition. Hopefully I can get a pre-order in tomorrow morning at Gamestop.

[​IMG]

5. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

don't worry here are the details

[​IMG] Nintendo Tells How You Can Buy Fire Emblem: Fates. November 12, 2015 . 2:38pm

Nintendo has revealed all the ways in which someone can get Fire Emblem: Fates.

Source: Siliconera

6. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Definitely tempting.

7. BlackMagicWolf

BlackMagicWolf He who is BlackMagic

Already pre-ordered the special edition. Couldn't resist. And it's the same price as buying the physical copies and the third story, so why not?

8. Matt Mortem

That's my thinking. I was going to buy physical copies of both games anyway, so why not get em all for the same price.

9. Sithborg

Yeah, I'm betting Revelations is also going to be $20. Fairly decent deal.

10. Tron Bonne

Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

It annoys me that they are charging a full $40 for both versions, and in Japan they actually were discounted (games are more expensive there in general, but still). I wish they would've just combined Birthright and Conquest into a single package. I have a feeling this move won't go over too well in NA/EU. I hope the game does well regardless.

11. BlackMagicWolf

I agree with what you're saying, to an extent at least. I wish this was one game with two branching paths, but I do understand why Nintendo is doing this. And unlike Pokémon, these versions will be VASTLY different. Unlike Pokémon where it's the same story, gym leaders, just a few different Pokémon encounters.

And they are being discounted technically, you can buy one copy, and get the digital version of the other for a discount, most likely $20. That's why I'm getting the special edition, because it has all 3 games, most likely all physical (I would hope) and you get other cool stuff for the same price as buying the two physical copies.

12. Tron Bonne

No, what I'm talking about is that the individual title was discounted. $30 instead of $40, for instance, for Conquest and Birthright, and you still got the other digitally for half of that price. Japan's games are more expensive, but still, would have made this a lot easier to handle.

13. BlackMagicWolf

Ah, my apologies for misinterpreting.

14. Matt Mortem

You guys get any preorders in? I'm reading that it's selling out all over.

15. Tron Bonne

I managed to get a pre-order in for the SE, yeah.

16. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

English video Footage below

[​IMG]

See Corrin Meet Mikoto And Hear Azura Sing In Fire Emblem: Fates. December 22, 2015 . 10:00am

A 15 minute video of Fire Emblem: Fates footage takes Corrin up to the point where he must choose between Hoshido and Nohr.

17. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

new English dubbed video below warning some spoilers. please turn away if you don't want to be spoiled at all as they saidinthe article below. You've been warned.

[​IMG]

Watch Azura Sing In A Cutscene From Fire Emblem: Fates. December 24, 2015 . 8:30am

Recent English footage from the game gives us a look at a cutscene from the end of Chapter 5, in which Azura tries to calm the protagonist Corrin.

#117 zenith16, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  18. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]
    Fire Emblem: Fates’ English Gameplay Video Shows Some Of Its Event Scenes. January 5, 2016 . 8:30am

Polygon has shared a 14-minutes of gameplay from Fire Emblem: Fates,
    showcasing an important turning point in the game’s plot near the end of Chapter 5.

19. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]

Fire Emblem: Fates Is Getting Three Character Keychains For Pre-orders At GameStop. January 7, 2016 . 9:30am

Those of you looking to get an extra little something for pre-ordering Fire Emblem Fates can do so at GameStop,
    as they’re giving away three character keychains to go with their pre-orders

20. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

so as tronny put inthe 3d's thread this is coming

[​IMG] 3DS
    Fire Emblem Fates Edition New 3DS XL announced for North America
    Published 50 mins ago. 10 comments.

source: Gematsu

21. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]

Fire Emblem Fates Details On Its First Map Pack DLC. January 20, 2016 . 3:00am

In addition to the Fire Emblem Fates edition New Nintendo 3DS that was revealed yesterday,

Nintendo has followed up with some details on the game’s first map pack DLC.

22. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

Two articles

[​IMG]

Fire Emblem Fates Will Have “Controversial Dialogue” Changed In The West. January 21, 2016 . 3:00am

There will be “no expression which might be considered as gay conversion or drugging”
    in the localized version, Nintendo said in a statement.

in further news about it below

[​IMG]

Nintendo Responds To Changes To Fire Emblem Fates’ Western Localization. January 21, 2016 . 9:00pm

We previously reported that Nintendo will change some of the content for Fire Emblem Fate’s western localization,
    and Siliconera got in touch with the company to inquire more on the subject.

23. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

24. Sithborg

It always amuses me when people get upset about censorship, especially over things that really, really don't translate well across cultures. The amount of people upset about the removal of the face petting minigame is kind of funny, and seem to refuse to acknowledge how creepy it is for the Western audiences.

25. Tron Bonne

You know, to be honest, I don't think it was that creepy. Weird, odd, sure, but I don't think it's creepy since you only rub the faces and they make these awkward and uncontrollable noises, I thought of it as goofy more than anything