Fire Emblem Fates

Fire Emblem Manga Coming From Fire Emblem Fates Creators. July 27, 2015 . 12:01am

A Fire Emblem comic will debut in the September issue of Monthly Young Magazine.

A Fire Emblem comic will debut in the September issue of Monthly Young Magazine. Yusuke Kozaki, the character designer from Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates, is the artist on the manga. Shin Kibayashi who wrote Fire Emblem Fates and the Fatal Frame manga is the story writer for the Fire Emblem manga series.
The manga was announced at the Fire Emblem festival. Famitsu reports there was an illustration of the back of a swordsman looking at a sunset. More details about the Fire Emblem manga will be announced later.

Read more stories about Fire Emblem on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Fire Emblem Fates’ Latest DLC Maps Feature Series’ Merchant Girl Anna. September 23, 2015 . 7:00am

Fire Emblem Fates’ second wave of DLC maps is a throwback to several past titles, and also lets you add Anna from Fire Emblem Awakening to your party.

Fire Emblem Fates’
first wave of DLC maps featured characters from Fire Emblem Awakening, and the second one involves Anna, the recurring merchant character from the Fire Emblem series. Dengeki shares a first look and details on what’s to come.

Trial Grounds of the Divine General (available September 17):
Price: 250 yen
Reward: Crest of the Divine General (repeatable)

This quest is made from a motif of Queen Elincia from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Anna the Thief (available September 24):
Reward: recruit Anna (first time only)

This map is arranged for the “Merchant Anna” of Fire Emblem Awakening.

Trial Grounds of the Gunman (available October 1):
Reward: Artillery Shooter unit type (repeatable)

Quest based on “Grust’s Wooden Horse” from Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryu to Hikari no Tsurugi (Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light.)

Anna’s Gift (available October 1):
Price: free
Reward: Unique

Available after clearing “Trial Grounds of the Gunman” and “Trial Grounds of the Witch.” As for the reward, it lets you choose between the “Artillery Shooter” or “Magic Circle,” but you can only get it once.

Trial Grounds of the Witch (available October 8):
Reward: Magic Circle (repeatable)

Quest based on Fire Emblem Gaiden’s “Osorezan” (Fear Mountain.)

Fire Emblem Fates will release in the West in 2016 for Nintendo 3DS. The four paid DLC maps go for 250 yen each, but will also be available as a slightly cheaper 900 yen bundle for all four.

Read more stories about Fire Emblem Fates & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

I'm gonna be madder than a wet hen if I can't get my hands on this special edition. Hopefully I can get a pre-order in tomorrow morning at Gamestop.

2965037-se.jpg

don't worry here are the details

Nintendo Tells How You Can Buy Fire Emblem: Fates. November 12, 2015 . 2:38pm

Nintendo has revealed all the ways in which someone can get Fire Emblem: Fates.

Fire Emblem: Fates’ story is split into different parts. There are Birthright and Conquest versions of the game, allowing the player to follow the Hoshido or Nohr storylines. Nintendo has revealed the manner in which players can acquire the game.

Someone can purchase either Birthright or Conquest for $39.99 each. People who have one will be able to download the other story for an unrevealed, lower price. The third storyline will be available digitally for $19.99.

There will also be a Fire Emblem: Fates Special Edition bundle that includes Birthright, Conquest, and the third story for $79.99. It will also include an artbook and a Nintendo 3DS XL pouch.

Fire Emblem: Fates will be released on February 19, 2016. A Map Pack 1 DLC bundle will also be available for pre-order.

Read more stories about Fire Emblem Fates & Nintendo & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

Source: Siliconera

Already pre-ordered the special edition. Couldn't resist. And it's the same price as buying the physical copies and the third story, so why not?

Already pre-ordered the special edition. Couldn't resist. And it's the same price as buying the physical copies and the third story, so why not?

That's my thinking. I was going to buy physical copies of both games anyway, so why not get em all for the same price.

Yeah, I'm betting Revelations is also going to be $20. Fairly decent deal.

It annoys me that they are charging a full $40 for both versions, and in Japan they actually were discounted (games are more expensive there in general, but still). I wish they would've just combined Birthright and Conquest into a single package. I have a feeling this move won't go over too well in NA/EU. I hope the game does well regardless.

It annoys me that they are charging a full $40 for both versions, and in Japan they actually were discounted (games are more expensive there in general, but still). I wish they would've just combined Birthright and Conquest into a single package. I have a feeling this move won't go over too well in NA/EU. I hope the game does well regardless.

I agree with what you're saying, to an extent at least. I wish this was one game with two branching paths, but I do understand why Nintendo is doing this. And unlike Pokémon, these versions will be VASTLY different. Unlike Pokémon where it's the same story, gym leaders, just a few different Pokémon encounters.

And they are being discounted technically, you can buy one copy, and get the digital version of the other for a discount, most likely $20. That's why I'm getting the special edition, because it has all 3 games, most likely all physical (I would hope) and you get other cool stuff for the same price as buying the two physical copies.

I agree with what you're saying, to an extent at least. I wish this was one game with two branching paths, but I do understand why Nintendo is doing this. And unlike Pokémon, these versions will be VASTLY different. Unlike Pokémon where it's the same story, gym leaders, just a few different Pokémon encounters.

And they are being discounted technically, you can buy one copy, and get the digital version of the other for a discount, most likely $20. That's why I'm getting the special edition, because it has all 3 games, most likely all physical (I would hope) and you get other cool stuff for the same price as buying the two physical copies.

No, what I'm talking about is that the individual title was discounted. $30 instead of $40, for instance, for Conquest and Birthright, and you still got the other digitally for half of that price. Japan's games are more expensive, but still, would have made this a lot easier to handle.

You guys get any preorders in? I'm reading that it's selling out all over.

I managed to get a pre-order in for the SE, yeah.

English video Footage below

See Corrin Meet Mikoto And Hear Azura Sing In Fire Emblem: Fates. December 22, 2015 . 10:00am

A 15 minute video of Fire Emblem: Fates footage takes Corrin up to the point where he must choose between Hoshido and Nohr.
[YT]PH41yPnvd-k[/YT]
Initial English Fire Emblem: Fates footage has appeared online. Taken from the fifth chapter of the game, thevideo shows the male version of Corrin reuniting with and fighting alongside his Hoshido family. There are some minor spoilers for the beginning of the game in this fifteen minute video, though most have been revealed in initial promotional materials.

The Fire Emblem: Fates video begins with Corrin’s mother, Mikoto, talking to him about his past, the possibility of amnesia, and an announcement to explain to the country’s people as to why someone from Nohr would be treated as an honored guest. From there, Corrin explores the city with his siblings, ends up in a battle with these new allies, discovers his dragon form, and gets to hear Azura sing “Lost in Thoughts All Alone,” the English version of “If – One’s Thoughts.” The video closes with the decision point, where Corrin must choose between siding with Hoshido or Nohr.

Fire Emblem: Fates will be released in North America on February 19 for the Nintendo 3DS. It will be available in Birthright and Conquest editions, as Corrin sides with Hoshido in Birthright and Nohr in Conquest.

Read more stories about Fire Emblem Fates & Nintendo & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

new English dubbed video below warning some spoilers. please turn away if you don't want to be spoiled at all as they saidinthe article below. You've been warned.

Watch Azura Sing In A Cutscene From Fire Emblem: Fates. December 24, 2015 . 8:30am

Recent English footage from the game gives us a look at a cutscene from the end of Chapter 5, in which Azura tries to calm the protagonist Corrin.

[Note:Keep in mind that this is scene contains some spoilers, so if you want to go in the game with a completely fresh start, we’d suggest you guys to skip on this one.]

Footage from Fire Emblem: Fates has recently surfaced courtesy of GameXplain. In this video we get a look at a cutscene from the end of Chapter 5, in which the character Azura is singing a song in an attempt to calm the protagonist Corrin who is in his dragon form.
[YT]p36Af80hlJU[/YT]

Fire Emblem: Fates will release in North America on February 19th, 2016 for the Nintendo 3DS.

Last edited:

Fire Emblem: Fates’ English Gameplay Video Shows Some Of Its Event Scenes. January 5, 2016 . 8:30am

Polygon has shared a 14-minutes of gameplay from Fire Emblem: Fates,
showcasing an important turning point in the game’s plot near the end of Chapter 5.

Polygon has shared a 14-minutes of gameplay from Fire Emblem: Fates, showcasing an important turning point in the game’s plot.
The video gives us a look at the scenes leading up to the end of Chapter 5, wherein the main character must make the pivotal decision whether to side with Nohr, their adoptive family, or side with Hoshido, their true blood relatives.

However, those looking to avoid spoilers for the game may want to opt out on watching the video.
[YT]YsFCYV3QM8w[/YT]

Fire Emblem: Fates will release in North America on February 19th for the Nintendo 3DS.

2016-01-07_090210.png

Fire Emblem: Fates Is Getting Three Character Keychains For Pre-orders At GameStop. January 7, 2016 . 9:30am

Those of you looking to get an extra little something for pre-ordering Fire Emblem Fates can do so at GameStop,
as they’re giving away three character keychains to go with their pre-orders

Those of you looking to get an extra little something for pre-ordering Fire Emblem: Fates can do so at GameStop, as they’re giving away three character keychains to go with their pre-orders. [Thanks, NintendoEverything.]

The above is a glimpse at a small image from GameStop’s ad that gives us a look at the keychains with one for Azura, Ryoma, and Xander. Below is a picture of a similar Azura keychain that was released in Japan as part of a blind box series.

Fire Emblem: Fates will release in North America on February 19th for the Nintendo 3DS.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Fire Emblem Fates on Siliconera.

so as tronny put inthe 3d's thread this is coming

3DS
Fire Emblem Fates Edition New 3DS XL announced for North America
Published 50 mins ago. 10 comments.

New 3DS bundle features artwork inspired by the game.

Nintendo will release a Fire Emblem Fates Edition New 3DS XL system on February 19 for $199.99, the company announced. It features artwork inspired by the game on the front of the hardware. The game itself is sold separately.

As previously announced, Fire Emblem Fates will be available in Birthright and Conquest versions in North America on February 19, each available for $39.99. In Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, players battle a corrupted king. And in Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, a misguided kingdom must be changed from within. Each path is a complete story and a complete game, and combined show two sides of a single conflict. After completing “Chapter 6,” players will have the option to download the other version of the game for $19.99.

A third story, Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, will launch as downloadable content on March 10 for $19.99 for players that already own the Conquest or Birthright version of the game.
A special edition will also be available that includes all three games on a single game card, an art book and a 3DS XL pouch at a suggested retail price of $79.99.

When Fire Emblem Fates launches, further downloadable content in the form of new maps will also be released on a regular basis, with the first map launching on February 19. Players can buy each of these maps individually, or purchase “Map Pack 1” for $17.99 to get access to them all at a discount once they are released.

Read More

3DS, Bundles, Fire Emblem Fates, Nintendo, RPG, Special Editions
source: Gematsu

Fire Emblem Fates Details On Its First Map Pack DLC. January 20, 2016 . 3:00am

In addition to the Fire Emblem Fates edition New Nintendo 3DS that was revealed yesterday,

Nintendo has followed up with some details on the game’s first map pack DLC.

In addition to the Fire Emblem Fates edition New Nintendo 3DS that was revealed yesterday, Nintendo has followed up with some details on the game’s first map pack DLC on the official website.

As reported earlier, Fire Emblem Fates is releasing on February 19 in North America, and there will be the Map Pack 1 available for $17.99 for all of them at a discount price, or players can purchase them individually. Here are details on the DLC from the official website:

Map Pack 1 features 11 maps and additional content. These maps shine new light on the cast of characters from Fire Emblem Fates, as well as old favorites from the Fire Emblem Awakening game. Discover new background stories about these beloved warriors, while earning more experience points and exclusive weaponry. Every map offers specific challenges and unique rewards.

According to Nintendo Everything, the map pack will include the first two waves of DLC already released in Japan. And also, based on the name, it seems like Nintendo has more in upcoming DLC packs planned out for the future.

Fire Emblem Fates will release in North America on February 19, 2016 for Nintendo 3DS. A European release date has yet to be announced.

Two articles

Fire Emblem Fates Will Have “Controversial Dialogue” Changed In The West. January 21, 2016 . 3:00am

There will be “no expression which might be considered as gay conversion or drugging”
in the localized version, Nintendo said in a statement.

Nintendo World Report recently revealed that Nintendo of America will change some of its dialogue in the upcoming western release of Fire Emblem Fates, according to a recent statement. [Thanks, Nintendo Everything.]

“In the version of the game that ships in the U.S. and Europe, there is no expression which might be considered as gay conversion or drugging that occurs between characters,” Nintendo of America said in a statement to Nintendo World Report.

The conversion in question is from a support conversation with the female character Soleil (shown above,) who appears to be attracted to women in the game, so much so that it starts becoming a distraction and according to the character, prevents her from being a “strong and cool girl.” If you go as a the male protagonist and pair up with her, her drink gets spiked with a “magic powder” at a later point in her support chain which causes her to see all females as males, and vice-versa, and was done under the implication that her recovery wouldn’t work if she knew what was happening in advance, but he lets her know afterwards and even apologizes for the way he went about it.

And keep in mind that this magic powder was used simply to help her from getting too distracted from girls, and had nothing to do with any kind of relationships in the game. In the end, the potion’s effect runs out, and she goes back to being normal. Due to the nature of the story, a lot of people got the wrong idea after reading bits about the quest.

There’s been plenty of confusion behind the story, but you can check out more about it here. This wouldn’t be the first time Nintendo runs into issues regarding sexual orientations in the Fire Emblem series, with a notable example being the absence of gay marriage in Fire Emblem Awakening, not to mention the heat they got for not including same-sex relationships in Tomodachi Life. However, keep in mind that Fire Emblem Fates does include same-sex marriage, but they are likely just removing this dialogue to avoid any further backlash.

You can read more about the story in detail over at Nintendo World Report.

Fire Emblem Fates will release in North America on February 19, 2016 for Nintendo 3DS. A European release date has yet to be announced.

in further news about it below

Nintendo Responds To Changes To Fire Emblem Fates’ Western Localization. January 21, 2016 . 9:00pm

We previously reported that Nintendo will change some of the content for Fire Emblem Fate’s western localization,
and Siliconera got in touch with the company to inquire more on the subject.

We previously reported that Nintendo will change some of the content for Fire Emblem Fate, and Siliconera got in touch with the company to inquire more about the changes in the upcoming Nintendo 3DS title.

When asked about the change to the “controversial dialogue” in the game, Nintendo reiterated that the North American and European version of the game will have no expression which might be considered as gay conversion or drugging that occurs between characters. That said, it appears that there will be some changes, as they followed up with the following statement:
“Making changes is not unusual when we localize games, and we have indeed made changes in these games. When we localize a game we do so in order to make it appropriate for that particular territory. All our choices were made from that point of view.”

“In the Conquest edition a male main character created by the gamer can pair up with another male character (Niles) which ultimately leads to marriage. Similarly, in the Birthright edition, a female main character created by the gamer can pair up with and eventually marry another female character (Rhajat). Like married couples of the opposite gender, these same-sex couples enjoy the stat boosts that come with marriage, which means when they are paired up in battle they are stronger than when they are apart or paired up with another character.”

“In the third edition, Revelation, that will be released as DLC in the eShop on March 10, a same-sex marriage is possible regardless of the sex of your main character, as both Niles and Rhajat can be encountered in this edition.”

Read more stories about Nintendo & Fire Emblem Fates on Siliconera.

It always amuses me when people get upset about censorship, especially over things that really, really don't translate well across cultures. The amount of people upset about the removal of the face petting minigame is kind of funny, and seem to refuse to acknowledge how creepy it is for the Western audiences.

You know, to be honest, I don't think it was that creepy. Weird, odd, sure, but I don't think it's creepy since you only rub the faces and they make these awkward and uncontrollable noises, I thought of it as goofy more than anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"