Firefly's Fillion Moves into Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.
It reminds me of Psych. Starts out as a relatively good looking man than the season he gets the girl, Bleh fat blob

Wow no posts in here since late November.

[YT]lNLtVjq2av8[/YT]

The three stand alone eps since the return have been fun, mixing in some of their relationship issues with the mysteries, no one does stand alone as well as Castle IMO.

The ep in 2 weeks looks awesome, Kate having to protect her Mom's killer.

The ep before this weeks was fantastic and I can see why they had a lighter one positioned this week as the upcoming two parter looks more serious and potentially awesome.

[YT]CRKlWraDgCQ[/YT]

There have been some very good episodes this season, 5x05 being one of the best.

The next episode looks VERY interesting, specially with...(big spoiler)...
It looks like it may introduce James Brolin.... Who has been cast as Castle's father

Even though I KNOW that Castle's daughter wont be killed, I wonder why Becket would try to stop him from looking at the body in the van

And I laughed at the "Shark Tank" nod/spoof. I actually watch both shows

Obviously there's a body of a young redhead girl in there...or it's empty when they were expecting to recover her.

Wonder if this is the episode the accident happened during?

I know but if its not his daughter why would Becket not want him to see it, he has seen PLENTY of dead bodies. And if the dead body in the van was NOT her then Beckett should be relieved and WANT Castle to see that she's not dead.

Castle is a writer with an active imagination, so something that triggers his imagination to picture his daughter dead wouldn't be something I think Beckett would want him to see as i think his mind would replace the girl with Alexis...specially if it's later on in the first episode and he's understandably on the edge of losing it.

The second option is much less likely... Unless the inside of the van is covered in blood, which would send Castle's mind rampant in the same manner as above...

There have been some very good episodes this season, 5x05 being one of the best.

The next episode looks VERY interesting, specially with...(big spoiler)...
It looks like it may introduce James Brolin.... Who has been cast as Castle's father

Episode 4 and 5 were both great and showcased the shows ability to switch up tones.

I know but if its not his daughter why would Becket not want him to see it, he has seen PLENTY of dead bodies. And if the dead body in the van was NOT her then Beckett should be relieved and WANT Castle to see that she's not dead.

Maybe Beckett hasn't seen the body yet either and is asking Castle to let her look first

Honestly a part of me wants them to
Kill off Alexis. I love her character, but I'd be really interested to see Castle's character arc from there

Honestly a part of me wants them to
Kill off Alexis. I love her character, but I'd be really interested to see Castle's character arc from there

Not sure if I'm ready for that yet. For that matter, the show. It will DRAMATICALLY change how Castle [should be] in the show.

Also we have a title for the show's 100th episode plus snippets

Episode 5.19 of Castle will be called "The Lives of Others".

Some small snippets from this episode.

- We'll meet Bridget who witnesses a murder on a surveillance tape
- The murder victim is called Clara DeWinter
- We'll also meet Clara's husband, Gavin as well as her Supervisor Charles.
- Clara works at the IRS
- One suspect is called Carl who is angry at the IRS for bankrupting him

Not sure if I'm ready for that yet. For that matter, the show. It will DRAMATICALLY change how Castle [should be] in the show.

After five seasons it is time to try some different material. A conflicted darker Castle would be good for this show. The shows always been a bit too chipper about murder and dead bodies anyways. At some point it has to get to Castle. This could be that point.

Look at it this way, a fall has to be coming. Castle has the girl and things are going pretty good. Yet, this show has no end in sight. They can't keep Castle on this perch forever. Also, that thing his ex told Becket about knowing next to nothing about Castle or his past is true for us as well. We know plenty about Becket, but Castle is never explored beyond the surface. I want to see more of his demons, his weaknesses, and more about his father. I can't help but think Castle has some skeletons in his closet. Killing Alexis could lead to the exploration of his character which is something this show desperately needs.

Having been offline for a few days, I've just seen the sneak peeks for the episode on Monday.... Bloody hell...

Also, having seen the promo images for both parts of the 2 parter...I've just realised that Christopher Heyerdahl (Stargate Atlantis, Sanctuary, Supernatural and Twilight) has a part in the second episode.... And...

It takes place, at least in part.... In FRANCE!!!! Castle outside the US!!!

After five seasons it is time to try some different material. A conflicted darker Castle would be good for this show. The shows always been a bit too chipper about murder and dead bodies anyways. At some point it has to get to Castle. This could be that point.

Look at it this way, a fall has to be coming. Castle has the girl and things are going pretty good. Yet, this show has no end in sight. They can't keep Castle on this perch forever. Also, that thing his ex told Becket about knowing next to nothing about Castle or his past is true for us as well. We know plenty about Becket, but Castle is never explored beyond the surface. I want to see more of his demons, his weaknesses, and more about his father. I can't help but think Castle has some skeletons in his closet. Killing Alexis could lead to the exploration of his character which is something this show desperately needs.

I agree I hope we get to find out more about Castle's past etc. which I hope we will discover at some point this season. As you mentioned maybe he has some skeletons in his closet that if they were to come out could be a huge turning point for the show and for his relationship with Beckett.

This show isn't meant to get as dark as killing his daughter, exploring his past? sure, but he's not Jack Bauer, he's a normal guy and while smarter and braver than his big kid persona lets on, you kill his child and you take this character and the tone of the show to a place I don't think most of it's fanbase want to go. I like that this show is a bit lighter, I have stuff like Dexter, Justified, The Following and The Americans for the darker side of life.

If any of the castle clan dies before the show ends... It would be Martha. Of Old age or something natural. Will give Castle a mourning period, but wouldn't destroy him like Alexis dying would.

I was kinda hoping Espisito would hook up with that Kid's mother from the last episode, not go back to Laney

This show isn't meant to get as dark as killing his daughter, exploring his past? sure, but he's not Jack Bauer, he's a normal guy and while smarter and braver than his big kid persona lets on, you kill his child and you take this character and the tone of the show to a place I don't think most of it's fanbase want to go. I like that this show is a bit lighter, I have stuff like Dexter, Justified, The Following and The Americans for the darker side of life.

The show did begin by hinting at a darker side to Castle. In the very first episode when Castle and Beckett first interact. He and Beckett have a conversation about it, and Castle ends up making up a story about a dead serving boy he finds on the beach (or something like that) only to later tell her he made it all up. But it's definitely indicated that something dark happened to him as a child that sparked his interest with murder.

That's kind of been left by the wayside since. But I'd like to see it explored more. And maybe killing off Alexis would be too much, but I'd like to see something to expose that darker side of him.

The show did begin by hinting at a darker side to Castle. In the very first episode when Castle and Beckett first interact. He and Beckett have a conversation about it, and Castle ends up making up a story about a dead serving boy he finds on the beach (or something like that) only to later tell her he made it all up. But it's definitely indicated that something dark happened to him as a child that sparked his interest with murder.

That's kind of been left by the wayside since. But I'd like to see it explored more. And maybe killing off Alexis would be too much, but I'd like to see something to expose that darker side of him.

There are people who have violent urges to kill and hurt weaker people and they hide it and study criminal investigation and murder cases to help themselves better understand their urges and condition. I doubt the show will go that dark, but for a long time ive been waiting for some kind of bombshell to drop. His father is a complete mystery, he was kicked out of schools repeatedly, he is obsessed with murder, he changed his middle name to Edgar in honor of Edgar Allan Poe, his past is a mystery, he is a good liar and his charm makes him a great manipulator. I have to keep reminding myself that the writers are taking a lighthearted approach, but if they werent they could build one messed up cookie with a lot of demons.

Yeah, I kind of hope the show never takes too dark of a turn...I like the light-hearted aspect. We have enough gore/depressing crime dramas.

Yeah, I kind of hope the show never takes too dark of a turn...I like the light-hearted aspect. We have enough gore/depressing crime dramas.

Well i dont want gore, but after five seasons I need something resembling character growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"