Mark Strong Returns to TV with AMC's Low Winter Sun

I fell asleep during last night's episode

I've been really liking this show. Mark Strong, and Lennie James are great actors, and it's great seeing them in the same show. I hope it gets a second season.

Love this show. What's the deal with Katia?

Is this show watchable? Sawyer seems to hate it, but Sawyer hates most shows that don't involve mysterious islands or crystal meth cooks. :o

Personally, my main issue with Low Winter Son is that it seems like AMC is trying way too hard to make it a "thing". It feels forced and manufactured.

Is this show watchable? Sawyer seems to hate it, but Sawyer hates most shows that don't involve mysterious islands or crystal meth cooks. :o

Why are you dragging me into this and what proof do you have that I've ever said I hated it?

I like the show quite a bit. It's kind of a slow burner though. I probably mind that less than most other folks. But it wouldn't hurt for it to pick up the pace some. Especially since it's following breaking bad.

Why are you dragging me into this and what proof do you have that I've ever said I hated it?

I thought I heard you whining about having to sit through the show in order to see a Breaking Bad promo. And I'm dragging you into this, because it's fun.

Sawyer said:
I hate Low Winter Sun, but don't tell anyone or I'll deny it!

:o

I thought I heard you whining about having to sit through the show in order to see a Breaking Bad promo. And I'm dragging you into this, because it's fun.

That's complaining more about AMC's idiotic practices than the show itself. And as for the second part, I'm happy to see you've embraced your role as a follower. :up:

I wanted to like this show, it has a fantastic cast but airing after Breaking Bad, is doing it no favours. Airing after the best drama ever doesn't help and I just never get around to watching it during the week because of other shows. Maybe the last batch I'll watch.

I think this show will quietly be canceled in October after the season finale.

I'm sure this is fantastic show with great acting but honestly I don't watch it because it because it comes on after Breaking Bad. I need some time to decompress the awesomeness of Breaking Bad and I just can't jump into a new show so soon after. I will definitely try it catch this show on Netflix when it becomes available.

Well, that was unexpected from Geddes.
I know most don't give a crap about LWS, but it's entertaining enough for me. Nothing spectacular. A couple of noteworthy performances though.

I missed half the season. Maybe that's for the best though, I feel like I'd enjoy this show more if I watched it all at once like I did with the first season of the Killing.

The pilot episode was pretty rough, but the second episode was a significant improvement and it just kept getting better. The season finale was great. Frank is quite the disturbing character to be leading a tv show and I totally dig it.

Didn't see that news coming with the show's record breaking ratings and all.

Did anyone watch the original show that this was based on? I wonder if it would be worth it to track that version down and watch it or if it was pretty much the same.

I didn't even know this was based on another show.

Mark Strong was also in that series, but it was only 3 episodes.

Now sign up Lennie James for The Walking Dead season five!

Didn't see that news coming with the show's record breaking ratings and all.

I think only the first episode had any kind of record breaking ratings. The last two didn't even average a million viewers. Unless this post was meant to be a joke?

I think only the first episode had any kind of record breaking ratings. The last two didn't even average a million viewers. Unless this post was meant to be a joke?

Obvious sarcasm is obvious. :oldrazz:

Obvious written sarcasm is never obvious without sarcasm face

:o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"