Mark Strong Returns to TV with AMC's Low Winter Sun

I thought the pilot was pretty good. I'll keep watching

It has a strong cast with Captain Monty and Daniel Hardman in the mix. I thought the premiere was solid enough, plenty there that can be fleshed out and developed as it kind of felt like starting at the end.

Hey now, this was pretty damn good. Really dug it. Good cast and seems like a ton of potential for some good intense moments

Though the pilot for this show was very depressing and bleak, which I'm sure this whole season will be. I was entertained and intrigued enough by it to see where it goes from here.

Loved the pilot. Strong and James are great as always and the other actors did a great job. Nice seeing one of the Black Donnellys show up in something. Definitely will be tuning in next week.

i already love it more than the original version. i really hope that this show gets another season.

Still intrigued.
Still bored by the secondary story.

i thought the pilot was weak, bad writing and bad acting. but this second episode showed more promise.

much better second episode...I agree the secondary characters (ie the people at the bar) are not interesting

Agreed about the secondary plot. I was so bored by it that I don't even watch it anymore. Just fast forward past it

i dont mind the secondary plot. obviously, its going to all start tying together with the main plot, the more that happens the more entertaining it will be.

I just got caught up with the first 2 eps. Solid stuff and I like the cast. I'm sticking around.

I'm still a little confused as to what happened or supposedly happened with Brendan and Frank's wife? Or was it girlfriend? Really digging the show so far though although it is kinda different. The whole it took me a second viewing to even catch that Frank and Joe aren't partners. Threw me off cuz I guess I'm used to the two main guys being partners. Still you can just tell this is gonna get good and dark. Has a real Joe Carnahan's Narc to it

I'm still a little confused as to what happened or supposedly happened with Brendan and Frank's wife? Or was it girlfriend? Really digging the show so far though although it is kinda different. The whole it took me a second viewing to even catch that Frank and Joe aren't partners. Threw me off cuz I guess I'm used to the two main guys being partners. Still you can just tell this is gonna get good and dark. Has a real Joe Carnahan's Narc to it

Frank believes that Brendan killed his girlfriend.

the show needs ratings! start watching the show! tell your friends! tell your enemies! tweet about it! this needs to be more than a cult curiosity. hopefully the show can bring in Bryan Cranston now that he's done with Breaking Bad.

looks like the show is finding its groove. episode three was another solid episode. my only issue, aint nobody from Detroit taking American over Lafayette.

Straight up, this is Narc the series. It's soooo much like that movie it's crazy. This, Ray Donovan and The Bridge have been 3 amazing series we've gotten so far this summer. Hope this sticks around for a bit. Maybe I should get into The Killing or something. Hmm

the show needs ratings! start watching the show! tell your friends! tell your enemies! tweet about it! this needs to be more than a cult curiosity. hopefully the show can bring in Bryan Cranston now that he's done with Breaking Bad.

The canceled Rubicon was getting 0.2 ratings at the end and around 1 million viewers. Its not looking good for Low Winter Sun. Too bad. Its better than The Killling and Hell on Wheels but it doesn't look like it will get a second season. Though I don't see how LWS could last 5 seasons, the other shows have the potential to get that far. The VMAs may have hurt the show a bit and Labor Day weekend won't help. It could do much better time shifted with people catching up later in the week like I do.

Sunday
Aug. 10 Breaking Bad (9:00) - AMC
5.915 million viewers, #1; 3.636 million adults 18-49 (2.9 rating)

Aug. 18 Breaking Bad (9:00) - AMC
4.771 million viewers, #1; 3.044 million adults 18-49 (2.4 rating)

Aug. 25 Breaking Bad (9:00) - AMC
4.848 million viewers, #2; 3.208 million adults 18-49 (2.5 rating)

Aug. 10 Low Winter Sun (10:00) - AMC
2.507 million viewers, #11; 1.362 million adults 18-49 (1.1 rating)

Aug. 18 Low Winter Sun (10:00) - AMC
1.467 million viewers, #18; 0.690 million adults 18-49 (0.5 rating)

Aug. 25 Low Winter Sun (10:00) - AMC
1.225 million viewers, #25; 0.527 million adults 18-49 (0.4 rating)

Saturday
Aug.10 Hell on Wheels (9:00, 120 Minutes) - AMC
2.494 million viewers, #1; 0.602 million adults 18-49 (0.5 rating)

Aug. 17 Hell on Wheels (9:00) - AMC
1.883 million viewers, #3; 0.610 million adults 18-49 (0.5 rating)

Aug. 24 Hell on Wheels (9:00) - AMC
1.999 million viewers, #3; 0.422 million adults 18-49 (0.3 rating)

I could AMC canceling the show and then just label it a mini-series to get some Emmy nominations from the mini-series/movie categories. Or trying it out on Saturdays with HoW. The numbers have to be an improvement on what AMC usually has on Saturdays

its weird that the viewership has been dropping from week to week even though the show has been getting better from week to week. i would have thought after that solid second episode it might get a bit of a bump.

Yeah that sucks about the ratings,but from the promos I kind of figured this show wouldn't appeal to the GA. Though I like the show I agree that it can't carry 5 seasons let alone 2. The foreign version, which I haven't seen, was a two parter.

i really hope they give it another season. especially with breaking bad gone...hell...hell on wheels got another 2 seasons and this cast looks way better..

Tonight was a slower episode, but still quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"