Firefly's Fillion Moves into Castle

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Good opening episode. I was surprised that Kate agreed to marry Castle so quickly though. I thought she'd say no, go off to DC and then they'd be apart for a while. Then I thought she'd realise she doesn't want to be there, can't be apart and would come back and say yes.

Well she probably still will decide that being in Washington isn't for her. But maybe she'll change her mind about marrying? But they've done enough will-they-won't-they already, so they don't need to put us through more of this again.

2. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

I've got a feeling she will flunk out.... Would make things interesting when she returns to the 12th and how things will play out with the boys and Lanie.... Shame we never got their reactions to the engagement...

3. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I have that feeling too, and that it will happen after the conclusion of next week's episode. I think she might decide that she doesn't want to put Castle in harm's way, especially after he has nearly died, and because she thinks he'll hold her back from her new job.

But then I think she'll eventually decide to come back to the force as this new work isn't for her, and her colleagues don't have the same camaraderie as Espo and Ryan (who seem to be getting side lined with this new plot). Maybe later in the season she'll change her mind and see that she was wrong to throw away her relationship.

Of course, this could all be wrong and their relationship and engagement does survive.

4. Nathan Registered

That would be really lame if they did that. Do you know how often both of them have been at death's door? I really hope they don't try to screw up the their relationship, only because Castle got in harms way for like the 20th time.

5. Hunter Rider Ronin

I loved the fact the show didn't back out, Beckett accepted the proposal and took the job in DC, and while it's natural her and Castle were finding the adjustments hard, they looked as happy together as ever. I also think the fact Beckett has moved up makes sense, I mean shows like this have detectives solve cases week after week for years and they never get a promotion. :funny:

The story itself was also interesting and I'm intrigued by where it goes.

I imagine they will end up in back in New York but I think it will be Beckett's choice, maybe realizing that while the Fed job is a step up, she isn't as happy because it's not who she is. There is zero point breaking her and Castle up as it wont create any tension and only irritate people as we all know they will get back together.

To me from here until the series finishes Castle and Beckett should remain together, overcoming all the obstacles placed in front of their relationship, it is something that most shows of this nature never do. I also think with a potential season finale wedding we could see the return of the 3XK killer.

6. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

They better not break them up. If they do, I feel it will have definitely ventured into Dawson's Creek territory where you knew that Dawson and Joey were never going anywhere and felt like you were just stuck in Groundhog Day watching variations on the same thing season after season.

7. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

I get the feeling any wedding will take place before the end of the show.... Could see it taking place mid next season... With a possible kid being the finish of the show...

8. The Navigator Registered

I think the writers prefer the two as a couple--Fillion was initially adamant that they not get together and everybody was worried about the Moonlighting curse, but it has certainly overcome that. Season 5 on has been some of their best stuff and I can't imagine they'd go back to the old will-they-won't-they seesaw to pad things out.

And excellent avvy choice, by the way. ;)

9. superfan23 Registered

I don't think they will break them up that would be too cruel not to mention the huge fan backlash that would cause. Everyone knew that right from the beginning of the series they were going to end up together. In terms of the other characters reactions to the engagement, I too would have liked to of seen this maybe they will have an episode with an engagement party. I think it will be episode 4 when she returns to NY as Lisa Edelstein's character is in the first 3 episodes.

10. Hunter Rider Ronin

The writers being husband & Wife I think has benefited the show, them fully committing to moving Castle & Beckett forward and seeing how being together effected them and their jobs was bold but smart, putting them together at the end of one season as fan service and then breaking them up straight away in the next season would have seen the show suffer the same fate as Moonlighting.

Thanks! :D :up:

They could have an ep with some flashbacks to show how each character reacted to the news, I mean I'd like to see Alexis and Martha's reactions as well.

11. The Navigator Registered

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't think it's the same playground, but on the other hand it would be the kind of thing Castle remembered.

12. Teelie Jokerface

I don't care for Pi either. Had he been pie though... :oldrazz:

It looks like they are doing both which I wasn't sure they'd attempt but sure enough at least for now they are both engaged and in D.C. She does have the ring but on a necklace so it makes sense why we didn't see it on her finger.

I do think by the end of the season, possibly even the second or third episode she'll be back in New York although if they kept it going in D.C. that would provide more material with the friction between them being in NYC and D.C.

13. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Yes, but it would also leave Espo and Ryan on the sidelines, with rather contrived ways to get them involved in the plot.

14. Teelie Jokerface

True, although I think it would work that Castle would utilize them to get inside information like he did in the premiere, it would eventually get contrived to keep doing it and inventing new explanations.

15. Hunter Rider Ronin

The 2nd part delivered! Great stuff with an ending you can make your own interpretation of. Good to see Aaron from 24 and Hicks from Alphas getting work!

16. Nathan Registered

I wonder how much grey she is going to endure, before she calls it quits.

17. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

So my theory of how things go back to the 12th looks like it may change after every episode till she goes back (as I think it's obvious she'll return to the 12th at some point)...

That phone call... I like how they kept Martha's suspicions about an overly nice phone call from Rick meaning the **** has hit the fan, and an nice way of bringing in the boys.

We need more Lanie! Or any Lanie!

18. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

I think Kate will definitely not like it not being as black and white as in her old job. It also means that, if she has to learn to make peace with such things, she has to overlook the likes of Senator Bracken whom she believes is responsible for her mother's death, especially since he's in a position of power. She won't be able to do that. Maybe she'll even remember why she became a cop in the first place, precisely because of her mother.

I was thinking when watching this that Agents of SHIELD could stand to be a bit more like these couple of episodes or even the opening episode of Hawaii Five-0 this season. If AoS were like these even before they add the super powers, then it would be great in its own right, but then even better once the Marvel stuff is added.

19. superfan23 Registered

Official Season 6 poster

[​IMG]

20. Hunter Rider Ronin

21. DrDoom Dictator

Maybe I missed something, but didnt they say that there was only one antidote and it would take weeks to make a new one?

How did they save Castle AND the woman?

22. Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

23. Nathan Registered

Yes, there was only one antidote. But we don't know what the amount of it was. Maybe there was a large vial with enough of the antidote to cure several people. It would be stupid to have a toxin, that could kill a huge quantity of people, but you only have enough of the antidote around to safe one person.

24. Teelie Jokerface

Exactly. There was already an antidote but the bad guy had it and to create a new antidote from scratch would take weeks. For all we know the guy had enough antidote to cure an entire city.

25. Nathan Registered

Watched Episode 3. Lots of Salt & Peppa this time. :awesome: Loved Ryan's line about pushing boundaries. :funny: And I totally didn't expect what happened at the end. :eek: