Guardians of the Galaxy Firelord, The Fallen One, Terrax, Red-Shift.......

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
....... Gabriel Airwalker, Stardust and so on. Does anyone know the deal on if Marvel owns theirs rights or whatever?

Is it like a Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch deal or because Fox has Galactus do they have total ownership?

I am just curious to know because while in the comics they are all awesome as former heralds of Galactus they are all damn good characters on the cosmic side of things in and of themselves and seeing as Fox are unlikely to use them, I would hope Marvel would someday.

And lets face it, if they ever do Annihilation they would all be essential to the story. Would people like to see them in any future GOTG endeavours if someone can answer the rights issue?

Firelord has first appeared in a Thor issue, the Fallen one in Thanos, Terrax in Fantastic Four, Red Shift in Galactus: The Devourer, Airwalker also in FF, Stardust in Stormbreaker: The Saga of Beta Ray Bill.

If rights were based on first appearance, MS would hold at least some of them, but here's the thing. It seems like the division is based more on who the character has been most associated with, rather than where they first appeared. That's why Ronan is with Marvel despite first appearing on FF, why Kingpin, SC and Quicksilver are shared (associated with various properites) and why Adamantium is with Fox despite first appearing in Avengers (since it's more associated with Wolverine). With that in mind I'd say all Heralds would be packed with Galactus and thus would be with Fox. Of course I can't verify this, but it seems correct based on what we've seen so far.

I think they might be able to use those characters, as long as they don't reference Galactus. As for Galactus, I believe his rights still belong to the Fantastic Four. I could be wrong about the Heralds though.

^Galactus is clear, he totally still belongs to Fox, same with the Silver Surfer, but the others I just dont know.

Dr. Thanos made some good points which could be relevant in terms of when those heralds were introduced. But then as he said Ronan was introduced in an FF comic and Marvel can use him in all of his glory, yet Marvel cant use Super-Skrull at all. Its a bit confusing really.

I hope they can use them, even if they cant reference Galactus they could have served another equally powerful being or just be cosmic characters with lots of power. All of Galactus' former heralds are great cosmic characters and many have a history with the GOTG characters, especially from Annihilation. The Fallen One became a herald of Thanos in that for a time.

Also, there is The Fallen One's rather large comic book history with Star-Lord, which I hope we get to see some form of one day, maybe in a Star-Lord solo film.

^Galactus is clear, he totally still belongs to Fox, same with the Silver Surfer, but the others I just dont know.

Dr. Thanos made some good points which could be relevant in terms of when those heralds were introduced. But then as he said Ronan was introduced in an FF comic and Marvel can use him in all of his glory, yet Marvel cant use Super-Skrull at all. Its a bit confusing really.

I hope they can use them, even if they cant reference Galactus they could have served another equally powerful being or just be cosmic characters with lots of power. All of Galactus' former heralds are great cosmic characters and many have a history with the GOTG characters, especially from Annihilation. The Fallen One became a herald of Thanos in that for a time.

Also, there is The Fallen One's rather large comic book history with Star-Lord, which I hope we get to see some form of one day, maybe in a Star-Lord solo film.

Marvel also can't use the Badoon, owing to a first appearance in Silver Surfer #3.

I think the Fantastic 4 contract probably had exceptions (Inhumans, Kree, Black Panther, Adam Warlock, and Kang not being part of the rights.)

^Yeah, again its not clear, but hopefully Marvel can use at least a few of the former heralds. The Fallen One for example has history with plenty of other characters, especially Star-Lord (though in that story admittedly he was trying to starve Galactus) and Thanos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"