First Look: USA Today

Danoyse you are now the second person to call Human Growth Hormone a stupid thing.

Yes, it's stupid because it's illegal in Australia. Like Celestial said, using an illegal substance just for a film is a stupid thing to do. I don't see anyone heaping praise on Stallone for using it in Rambo, it just added to the collection of jokes on how he's probably too old to still be playing Rambo that he needed to do that just to keep up the muscles.

He's an actor, not a bodybuilder. He's not Barry Bonds trying to break a home run record or Roger Clemens trying to extend his pitching career. He doesn't need it--certainly not in the age when pictures can be digitally altered, which was most likely the case in the USA Today photo.

He's not really Wolverine and I can't see him being stupid enough to start taking illegal substances just to look like an exaggerated drawing in a comic book.

Danoyse think what you want.

I train with guys that come into the gym lookin average one day and the next day come in lookin like trucks.

Your comparisons to Bonds and Clemens are a great example of how you don't understand HGH or bodybuilding.

The mere mention of muscle enhancement seems to bother you, but you don't know what us guys go through in the gym and in front of the mirror. Hugh has to live up to a character that's built like a house. He's done a great job so far, and the fact that he may be taking HGH just to continue progressing is a very commendable thing, NOT a stupid thing. Nobody wants a skinny Wolverine and the man knows it.

That's dedication, and dedication has no stop signs. No limits. No laws.

-TL

Not for nothing TL, but you also used up an entire page in another thread insisting that Hugh's hair in X3 wasn't a wig despite countless responses to the contrary from people much more knowlegable on the subject, so I'm not expecting you to grasp the concept of HGH being illegal so easily either.

Regarding Bonds and Clemens: HGH is a banned illegal substance in most professional sports leagues and the International Olympic Committee. According to the Mitchell Report, they (along with a number of other athletes) used it anyway. It makes them guilty of cheating...and it doesn't matter how great benefits of HGH might be, they're simply not supposed to be using it.

It's like telling us what all the benefits of alcohol are after someone has been caught drunk driving. It's still illegal and someone who does it is stupid for doing it.

Danoyse think what you want.

I train with guys that come into the gym lookin average one day and the next day come in lookin like trucks.

Your comparisons to Bonds and Clemens are a great example of how you don't understand HGH or bodybuilding.

The mere mention of muscle enhancement seems to bother you, but you don't know what us guys go through in the gym and in front of the mirror. Hugh has to live up to a character that's built like a house. He's done a great job so far, and the fact that he may be taking HGH just to continue progressing is a very commendable thing, NOT a stupid thing. Nobody wants a skinny Wolverine and the man knows it.

That's dedication, and dedication has no stop signs. No limits. No laws.

-TL

Look, I'd rather not see guys use steroids at all because through diet and going to the gym 7 days a week you can get the same results. I like my men natural, not steroided up freaks.

Danoyse now you're just insulting my intelligence by comparing drunk driving to the use of HGH.

You know nothing about bodybuilding and this entire discussion with you on the subject clearly demonstrates that people in the world need to be further educated on what is being done to achieve these outstanding physiques in front of the camera.

The fact that you bring up the X3 wig discussion is downright typical. So I'll add a little piece of information to the table - I am a certified Personal Trainer by the NCSF. I have been training people for 3 years, both male and female. Last year I entered the South Miami Amateur Bodybuilding Competition and came in 6th place weighing 184 lbs. at 7% Body Fat.

I've had clients in their teens, 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s. Some guys couldn't gain a pound of lean muscle after 3 months of rigorous training. The older ones that showed constant improvement were taking HGH. I have friends that are in their early 50s that look 35 thanks to HGH. Some of these guys can outdo me and I'm 23.

At this point I am going to stop attempting to instill some knoledge into you about HGH. But since you refuse to understand its use and see it for its positive side (there is no negative side to it unless you inject it into your stomach at a police station in Australia) you really shouldn't bash it. After all, its better not to talk about things you really don't know about.

Godzilla2000, a guy can go to the gym 7 days a week, twice a day, doing 4 hours of cardio and it still won't build the amount of muscle, maturity and width that HGH will provide him with.

-TL

Look, I'd rather not see guys use steroids at all because through diet and going to the gym 7 days a week you can get the same results. I like my men natural, not steroided up freaks.

Not quite. The difference between a natural bodybuilding competition and an "enhanced" one is ridiculous. Think Cyclops standing next to Juggernaut lol.

P.S. Comic Juggernaut, not that X3 abomination :o

"I hear your claws can cut through anything. You wanna take a shot???"

vinniejonesisthejuggerngk0.jpg

They just couldn't leave that line in the movie.

-TL

I had fun watching Vinnie (a Brit) beat the crap outta Hugh (an Aussie). It was the one scene I think Vinnie was worth watching in.

-TL

DON'T watch Submerged. Lock Stock is high up there, Mean Machine is awesome, but my favorite after Snatch is Johnny Was.

I wanna see him duke it out with Statham.

-TL

M.O. Steel, I thought your post was great and I agreed with most of it except for your closing statement where you insinuate that "nice enough guys" wouldn't take HGH.

Why can't a nice guy take HGH?

And its not that hard to picture Hugh getting his insulin shots. Its like getting a flu shot. It takes a minute.

-TL

HAHA...yeah i guess. What i meant as nice guys was, i just don't see him taking artificial stuff, that's all. There are some people i can see taking help (legal or not)...stallone, arnold (in their prime as in the original rambo/rocky, and conan era). Some i dont, bale, jackman, ryan renolds, chris evans. This is based on the people i see at the gym, and comparing attitudes with whether i see them taking stuff or not. Legal or not, i would be shocked if one day i read that those guys took something. Nothing to do with being nice or not. I should have chosen better words.

And congrats on your placement. That's pretty cool.

Thank you M.O. Steel.

I wanted to come in 1st though. 3rd woulda been nice too.

Here's to this year,

-TL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"