First Look: USA Today

157du6w.jpg

I'm going to make an insane statement based off of this one photo...that Wolverine Origins will be better than all the 3 x-films combined.

Now with all the kids out of the picture,and all the focus on one character,there's so much potential for this to surpass those films.

It could very well be.

^ Maybe Hood will push the bounds of the PG-13 rating.

So I guess the promo images just aren't accurate?

So I guess the promo images just aren't accurate?

His claws have looked exactly like this in all the movies. It just seems to you like they're coming out of the back of his hand because the skin grooves downward in between the knuckles, so the top of the claws come out from under the skin before the knuckles begin.

I think it looks great, I love how the fanboys are tearing it apart already though. They can never please everyone with any movie no matter how hard they try.

Colossal Spoons, you have no way of knowing whether or not Hugh is juicing or taking something. And for your information, the drastic change in Hugh's body over the years points to Human Growth Hormone - which is a very natural thing for a man to take being in his 40s. Stallone took it for Rocky and Rambo, Kevin Nash has been taking it for 10 years and Lou Ferrigno is a well known spokesman for the benefits it provides to older men with declining testosterone levels.

If he's on it, he's a smart man.

-TL

I think Colossal Spoons was kidding. :cwink:

Colossal Spoons, you have no way of knowing whether or not Hugh is juicing or taking something. And for your information, the drastic change in Hugh's body over the years points to Human Growth Hormone - which is a very natural thing for a man to take being in his 40s. Stallone took it for Rocky and Rambo, Kevin Nash has been taking it for 10 years and Lou Ferrigno is a well known spokesman for the benefits it provides to older men with declining testosterone levels.

If he's on it, he's a smart man.

-TL

I think Colossal Spoons was kidding. :cwink:

Not kidding at all. The gains Hugh made over the last few years are more than attainable in the gym; even for a man his age. I've seen it happen right before my eyes. Could he be taking HGH or any other kind of performance enhancer? Sure. But people seem to be so quick to attribute any muscle gain to steroids when all it takes is dedication and discipline :up:

I agree with Colossal. I was able to put on 15 lbs. of muscle in a couple of months training on a high school track level. I'm sure that his training is more intensive by a great deal.

Totally. Another thing is, I'm sure Hugh overtrains to some degree. A lot of celebrities do to get in a particular type of shape for a role(look at the 300 routine for example). Not to mention the fact that he gets PAID to look the part. If I got paid to just work out and memorize lines all day, I'm sure my progress in the gym would be 10x what they are now, and I'm a gym rat as is :up:

Colossal Spoons and Da-Scribe, I agree with you to a certain degree. Jackman has been working out rigorously since 1999, so with 8 years in the gym he should be looking pretty big. What leads me to bring up HGH is the way Hugh's body seems to change when he does an X-Men movie. I've seen The Fountain, I've seen The Prestige, I've seen Scoop. The moment Jackman begins production as Wolverine, his muscle mass increases amazingly. This for a fact can only be achieved with help. I've been bodybuilding for 5 years and find myself constantly surrounded by fellow bodybuilders both natural and unnatural. Its just not possible to reduce your lean body mass for no reason. Hugh is still in great shape in his other films, just not as big and lean. A cycle of HGH would provide him with an additional 10-15 lbs of muscle in a 9 week period. It would also lower his body fat significantly. The last thing that points in that direction is his maturity. Normal/natural maturity has a distinctive characteristic that is very different from the maturity produced by HGH. Exposure (veins) is equally visible but more obtuse. The neck, and arm areas are affected the most.

I'm sure right after we watch Hugh look GIGANTIC in Wolverine, we'll see him doing Leno promoting the film looking quite normal and nowhere near as big. We'll know he's off the cycle.

-TL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"