Wolverine Synopsis

Really, i thought Fox were just making the movie for me :whatever: .

I realize all of this XM, i was just expressing the fact that i was dissapointed that some things will have to be excluded, and that more than one Wolverine movie is too much IMO.

I understand, but Fox has a raging stiffie for Wolverine (hence his overexposure in the X-movies) so they are going to cash in on him. Also, Wolverine's past is so rich and varied that it would be impossible to cram into a single movie. It would be nice if it were just one neat movie that wrapped up the backstory, but i think we have to brace ourselves for more movies if this one does well. I'm sure someone involved in the movie has already mentioned holding back the Japanese stuff for another possible movie, in a link posted somewhere on here.

I wouldn't mind seeing Alpha Flight and the Japanese stuff, so I am not opposed to further movies. I just want good quality movies that are carefully done.

I don't like the synopsis. Don't understand why they have to use "x-men" so many times in the plot of an origin movie of just one character, in this case, Logan.

They are mixing things unnecesarily, in my opinion. I liked the idea of a movie only about Logan, or Magneto, and appart, the x-men movies, but not a mixture.

At the end of the day, it'll be Logan's story and he'll be the main focus. I do understand what you're saying though. Honestly, I'm more interested in this film because of the supporting characters, Weapon X, and surprises, etc...and I think that's exactly why the film title and plot will try to appeal to those X-Men fans who aren't exactly dying to see a Wolverine film. The same will prob go for 'Magneto'.

Honestly, I'm more interested in this film because of the supporting characters, Weapon X, and surprises, etc...and I think that's exactly why the film title and plot will try to appeal to those X-Men fans who aren't exactly dying to see a Wolverine film.
I don't know about that, is anyone really dying to see Weapon X characters if they aren't a Wolverine fan? You could definitely make a case for Gambit in that category though, they'll probably give him five on-screen seconds knowing that a large number of Gambit fans will show up just for that.

I don't know about that, is anyone really dying to see Weapon X characters if they aren't a Wolverine fan? You could definitely make a case for Gambit in that category though, they'll probably give him five on-screen seconds knowing that a large number of Gambit fans will show up just for that.

Thats what I'm afraid of. I thought that was the obvious reason to not include Gambit in the X-Men movies.
Because they couldn't fit him into the story unless it was only a cameo, which they knew fans would want more.

And now they might put Gambit in as a cameo...........in a Wolverine movie?

I'm so confused.:whatever:

Yes...

I'm still don't belive at all the Gambit introduction in this movie... but I hate the idea.

I can't believe how they are abble of doing it.

And what will it mean? the actor who plays Gambit in "Wolverine" will be the same in a possible X4?

This movie don't need Gambit and he deserve more than this.

Thats what I'm afraid of. I thought that was the obvious reason to not include Gambit in the X-Men movies.
Because they couldn't fit him into the story unless it was only a cameo, which they knew fans would want more.

And now they might put Gambit in as a cameo...........in a Wolverine movie?

I'm so confused.:whatever:

Imagine Gambit in Psylocke's place in X3. It is possible there won't be an "X4".

At the end of the day, it'll be Logan's story and he'll be the main focus. I do understand what you're saying though. Honestly, I'm more interested in this film because of the supporting characters, Weapon X, and surprises, etc...and I think that's exactly why the film title and plot will try to appeal to those X-Men fans who aren't exactly dying to see a Wolverine film. The same will prob go for 'Magneto'.

Agreed, people have to understand Wolverine is not that well known as a solo character, while the X-Men are more recognizable and popular. Fanboys whining for any single little thing is getting old, and is just superficial to say the least.

I am a Wolverine fan, but after the X-Men trilogy - seeing a solo film for him wasn't at the top of my list. With that said, seeing the new characters, plots/mythos and surprises has kept my interest on high. Especially now that I see how they're going bigger with this film.

I wonder how far this movie leads up to the events of X-Men. There have been fairly recent interviews with Benioff or Hood, I forget which, that explore sequel potential, including Wolverine's history in Japan.

I am a Wolverine fan, but after the X-Men trilogy - seeing a solo film for him wasn't at the top of my list. With that said, seeing the new characters, plots/mythos and surprises has kept my interest on high. Especially now that I see how they're going bigger with this film.
I think you might have misundestood me, I wasn't questioning how much you liked or disliked Wolverine - simply stating that someone who isn't a Wolverine fan, their interests are hardly going to be sparked by the Weapon X characters in the movie.

I suppose the exception is Deadpool - as he has a big enough non-Wolverine fan-base to warrant an audience.

In my opinion, the fact that they want to "surprise" us, the fans - the very people who know Wolverine's comic origin - with favorite characters, is not a good idea. Like I said, we know his past, we know which characters belong, and which don't. And we're looking for a relatively accurate portrayal of the source material. Throwing in random characters, be it ones we may want to see in an X-Men film, will take away from what the film is supposed to be.

I'm not sure how accurate the casting paragraph is - Brian Cox?

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/2007/12/19/wolverine-update/

Wolverine Update
Posted by Sam on Wednesday, 19 Dec 2007

20th Century Fox gave an update yesterday on the status of the next X-Men film dealing with Wolverine, the character from the comic series, played in the first successful three X-Men movies by Hugh Jackman. This next movie will center entirely on Wolverine and has the unsubtle title of “X-Men Origins: Wolverine.”

“‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine’ is set to star [Hugh] Jackman and will be directed by Gavin Hood (’Tsotsi,’ ‘Rendition’),” stated the official studio statement. “The producers are Lauren Shuler Donner and Ralph Winter (who produced all three previous ‘X-Men’ films), along with Jackman and his Seed Prods. producing partner, John Palermo. The film will be executive produced by Marvel Films’ Kevin Feige.

“Leading up to the events of ‘X-Men,’ ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine’—written by David Benioff (’The Kite Runner,’ ‘Troy’)—tells the story of Wolverine’s epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed [aka Sabertooth], and the ominous Weapon X program. Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe.”

“X-Men” was created by the legendary Stan Lee and his co-creators Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, the same geniuses behind “Spider Man,” “Hulk,” “The Fantastic Four” and many other great comic heroes and supervillains that have become household names.

The movie will see a return of Brian Cox reprising his role of William Stryker. Kodi Smit-McPhee (”Nightmares and Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King”) is set to star as the younger Wolverine. Also attached to the film is Liev Schreiber (”Repossession Mambo,” “Omen”) and, Maggie Q from “Mission Impossible III” and “Live Free or Die Hard” is rumored to be in it as well.

“X-Men Origins: Wolverine” is scheduled for a May 1, 2009 theatrical release.

Is Maggie Q part of the cast? IMDb has her down as such...

Is Maggie Q part of the cast? IMDb has her down as such...
It was posted awhile ago on this board somewhere - IMDB also says "rumored" next to her name so no updates on whether she is actually cast. Someone on the IMDB message board who sounds like they know what's going on says "that's an old rumor" in response to the same question, making it sound like she's not in the movie IMO.

IESB.net were the only ones to mention Maggie Q in the role - and that was a long while ago. Seems like we would've got a confirmation on that by now. Maybe a different actress has been cast in the role? I was kinda hoping they'd go with a more known actress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"