First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!

Whats up with the Hammer in that cartoon pic? It looks like a WOW reject weapon than Thor's Hammer!

Artistic license. The word "adaptation" tends to fly right over the heads of a lot of designers.

The arms are interesting. I hope they don't do any weird bunching up when he bends his arms though.

His arm's bent in the picture and it looks pretty good. I think it should be okay.

Whats up with the Hammer in that cartoon pic? It looks like a WOW reject weapon than Thor's Hammer!
heh actually THAT Thor's hammer doubles as an Ale Bottle opener.:woot:

This is what the helmet is going to look like. Nuff' Said
asterix_243x334.jpg

oly15.jpg

Every day that Thor pic gets a little bit better!

Are we getting anything new today or is that just rumour?

I would imagine one Iron Man 2 gets it's official US release we may get some new images.

At least one comes to mind that we are not allowed to post just yet.

The arms are interesting. I hope they don't do any weird bunching up when he bends his arms though.

I would have really preferred chainmail mesh, but I'm getting used to these quilted looking ones.

The color of Thor's costume is fine the way it is, IMO.

Still a little unsure.
I see where they are going for. I just hope it looks better (less like rubber more like armor) on film than is does in the still.

I mean the tunic is supposed to be like cloth and leather with metal bucklers,

scalesample.jpg
<---- and the arms are like scale mail armor right?

Other than that… it is amazing. I am super happy they are sticking to the comics and not off “doing their own thing.”

Still a little unsure.
I see where they are going for. I just hope it looks better (less like rubber more like armor) on film than is does in the still.

I mean the tunic is supposed to be like cloth and leather with metal bucklers,

scalesample.jpg
<---- and the arms are like scale mail armor right?

Other than that… it is amazing. I am super happy they are sticking to the comics and not off “doing their own thing.”

The outter black "shirt" is a SURCOAT. Surcoats go over the armor which goes over the Tunic.

Scale mail like that would never have conformed to Hemsworth's arms the way that faux-mail mesh thing they've got does. It may have looked more authentic, but it wouldn't have looked as superheroic.

I think I just read somewhere that the armor is supposed to look plastic....

The only issue I have is the arms. It looks cool drawn but would never work in real life, his arms would never bend. It reminds me of the problems with Ironman's looks before Granov, it would never work cuz metal doesn't bend like that. The only instance it does work in my opinion is with Colosus as his skin is some kind of organic metal. From the start I knew it would be an issue and always prefered the bare armed look for live action. But whatever, I'm happy to finally see Thor in any capacity.

lol ASTRIX!!!!

Man I forgot about that comic. Now I have nostalgia I love the hell out of that comic can't remember quite where i use to read those books cause they don't sell where i live but I did get my hands on some and I enjoyed them a lot.

Asterix

I could never find the Asterix books in the states. I remember wanting to read them for along time after seeing one in Forbidden Planet in NYC when I was out there in the 80's

yea it would have been interesting to see chainmail. but they have to do what works the best for what they are doing.

Tis a little to bright me thinks. I like the colors of the cape in the Original shot better

Some one posted a shot where the put a shine effect on the arms and Circles, that was dope

I didn't tweak it because I want it to look like that in the movie, I tweaked it so you guys could get a better look at the costume & Hemsworth's face lol.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"