First official image of Chris Hemsworth as THOR!

I'm a DC man myself but holy crap I'm way more excited for Thor and Captain America than I've ever been for Green Lantern. Marvel really has their s*** together and hope DC Entertainment follows in this direction.

Yeah, I love that they didn't shy away from the boldness of the red cape. To all other movie costumers out there: there's nothing wrong with a bit of color! :)

Yup...it's on the forearm braces and at the collar as a trim detail on the tunic also. Desperately need a full body, hopefully they haven't shied away from some royal blue and gold.

I'm a DC man myself but holy crap I'm way more excited for Thor and Captain America than I've ever been for Green Lantern. Marvel really has their s*** together and hope DC Entertainment follows in this direction.

:up: I actually can't wait to see GL's Costume. I may not collect him But as a kid I loved him.

Looks awesome.

It strikes me that Marvel have so much love and faith in their characters depictions in the comics, that when it comes to adapting them for the big screen they just go with how it looks on the printed page; as opposed to other studios like Fox messing around with designs and creating something else under the guise of making it 'movie friendly'.

:up: I actually can't wait to see GL's Costume. I may not collect him But as a kid I loved him.

couldn't care less about GL.
the movies I am stoked for is spidey, thor and avengers. two years is an seriously long time to wait for avengers

That's exactly how I feel.

Same here.

I'm probably a 50/50 DC/Marvel guy so I look forward to these things in equal measure.

Next year is going to be absolutely amazing.

They better not give him a different look for present day Earth and Avengers, i.e. Ultimate.

Looks awesome.

It strikes me that Marvel have so much love and faith in their characters depictions in the comics, that when it comes to adapting them for the big screen they just go with how it looks on the printed page; as opposed to other studios like Fox messing around with designs and creating something else under the guise of making it 'movie friendly'.

Exactly. After this and Iron man, X-men kind of makes me cringe. These guys don't view it as "Well it's a little silly, obviously. It's a children's book. But...I think we can make this work."

Man does that costume look phenomenal. Can't wait to see the rest for full judgement, though. For all we know he could be running around bare legged.

I'm glad everyone is fawning over it, the picture does look great.
But If that arm armor really is rubber and made of one-piece, and it looks like it is in the static pic. the real test will be when it moves.
If you see it wrinkle or bunch up under the biceps or under the arms, and then stretching at the elbows it's really going to look like crap.
But the static pic does looks great, hopefully movement dosn't give away to much.

Last edited:
Looks damn sexy, I just hope the hair isn't as short as the camera angle suggests. But I'm sure it's just the camera angle all the same. Awesome. :up:

Holy ****. :wow: That is even more awesome than what I expected, and what I expected was pretty great, too. This is going to be glorious. :up:

Looks damn sexy, I just hope the hair isn't as short as the camera angle suggests. But I'm sure it's just the camera angle all the same. Awesome. :up:
Hemsworth mentioned that they had him in a wig. I don't think they'd make a wig that's not even shoulder-length. But you're right, the angle makes it impossible to tell. Gotta wait for more pics.

In the meantime, I just thought I'd post this for all the naysayers who will inevitable show up at some point:

thor_hulk.jpg

Love or hate the new look, remember that we've come a long, long way from having to worry about something like that, at least. ;)

Why does everyone think this looks good? It looks more like a wanna-be superhero costume than a Norse god! What is the rubbery arm covering supposed to be? It looks like a literal interpretation of how scale-mail is represented in the newer comics.

Eric Allan Kramer will always be the best movie Thor. You know it's true. :woot:

Why does everyone think this looks good? It looks more like a wanna-be superhero costume than a Norse god! What is the rubbery arm covering supposed to be? It looks like a literal interpretation of how scale-mail is represented in the newer comics.

Which is...good.

I really hope the helmet has only been taken off momentarily in that picture. I would be disappointed if it wasn't present in the film. It's an epic part of Thor.
Idris Elba confimed Thor would be wearing a helmet.

YES!! :woot:

wanted clean shaven thor but hemsworth looks fantastic with the beard.

I think the beard works. It makes Hemsworth look less boyish and more manly.

Hemsworth mentioned that they had him in a wig. I don't think they'd make a wig that's not even shoulder-length. But you're right, the angle makes it impossible to tell. Gotta wait for more pics.

In the meantime, I just thought I'd post this for all the naysayers who will inevitable show up at some point:

thor_hulk.jpg

Love or hate the new look, remember that we've come a long, long way from having to worry about something like that, at least. ;)

LMAO, I watched this (and the Daredevil one) for the first time a few weeks ago and was thinking, they should do something similar with Hulk in the Avengers movie.

Have Hulk fight the team in the first act, act two, have Hulk form an uneasy alliance with the team and the final battle have Hulk completely team up with them.

It worked in this movie. :woot:

Oh yeah, Bixby/Banner picking up the hammer was a huge :doh:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"