Fix America

Like I said, the majority of rich people DO NOT HAVE INCOME. So an income tax would not affect them. Bill Gates stopped working years ago, he does not make income. Income tax does not affect him. But his money earns intrest. Do you see my point?
You make a really good point! He doesn't work, so then he doesn't pay income tax.

Basically the Post Office is "owned" by the Federal Government (I really didn't like to say that, because we own the government). But instead of taking theiee revenue in the form of taxation, they collect it through the price of stamps. They are run like a private enitity under the Federal Government. If you don't use the Post Office, you don't pay the fee for getting a delivery. So what if we had a Federal Health Club, it is "owned" by the Federal Government, but instead of taxing others that may not use it, you collect fees from those that do use it. The employees would be federal employees with federal benifits. So that would make it ienticing to work there, Competition would keep the prices down. What do you think?
I think it's the same as a regular health club. I fail to see how prices would come down. But basically we are talking about the same thing. A government funded/sponsored health club.

I think it's the same as a regular health club. I fail to see how prices would come down. But basically we are talking about the same thing. A government funded/sponsored health club.
Yes, but the revenue would not come from taxation, they would be collected from fees taken from membership. Similar to how the PO competes with FedEx and UPS, this keeps prices down. Adding a something else to the mix with discounted Membership fees would allow for competition to lower the prices.

You make a really good point! He doesn't work, so then he doesn't pay income tax.
:whatever:
Microsoft is another one of several companies that pay no federal income tax
....Nothing to be glib about

:whatever:
Microsoft is another one of several companies that pay no federal income tax
....Nothing to be glib about
Taxation Myth: Companies pay taxes.

FALSE

They pass taxes down to the individual through product pricing.

Well,These super corporations worked it out with their pyramid scheme-y **** that they pay no income taxes..
But your local businesses like the butcher and the guy who cuts your hair still pay.
Unfair as all hell

Well,These super corporations worked it out with their pyramid scheme-y **** that they pay no income taxes..
But your local businesses like the butcher and the guy who cuts your hair still pay.
Unfair as all hell
That's why with the FairTax, there would be no playing favorites. Everybody pays at the retail level. Joe Blow Small Bussiness down the street wouldn't be paying any taxes because, unless he was paying for something at the retail level. There would be no more lobbyists from corporations dictacting their guy gets what favor.

Like I said, the majority of rich people DO NOT HAVE INCOME. So an income tax would not affect them. Bill Gates stopped working years ago, he does not make income. Income tax does not affect him. But his money earns intrest. Do you see my point?
But they don't buy as much as a percentage of their income as people who work do. A sales tax is crap.

Impeach George Bush and remove him and his administration immediately.

Impeaching doesnt remove someone from office...its basically just officially saying they have done something wrong...Impeachment is a long and time consuming process.

But they don't buy as much as a percentage of their income as people who work do. A sales tax is crap.
So, what you are saying is, Keep the income tax, where rich people dont pay taxes and working poor people do pay taxes? I don't see how this works out so Rich People will pay more taxes. Do you see what I mean?

Impeaching doesnt remove someone from office...its basically just officially saying they have done something wrong...Impeachment is a long and time consuming process.

I know, that is why I said Impeach and remove.

Takes a while aye? Well they better get started.

I know, that is why I said Impeach and remove.

Takes a while aye? Well they better get started.

To impeach a government official, it first needs to go before the House...to pass the articles of Impeachment, you simply need a majority vote. To convict you need a 2/3 vote in the Senate.....and the Dems won't get 2/3 majority.....

after Bush leaves office, he is simply going to go back to Crawford and ride horses and make macaroni pictures....and iin any case, impeaching the president isnt going to automatically fix all the problems....people seem to think that once we have a new president that it is all going to be sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns. whoever it may be is going to have a hell of a mess to clean up

Thanks JL, I don't have the Time to watch this right now (Working on a FY07_Production report to create FY08_Production Projection with an 18 Month rollover and 09 Expected Sales Report, if you can help, let me know) But I read what it was about, there is a really good chapter in THE FAIRTAX BOOK, concerning this. You should pick it up.

Hook me up with a link and I'll be more than happy to buy the book and read it since it sounds like a good idea. As far as the sales report, send me some info and I will help you out as much as I can.

To impeach a government official, it first needs to go before the House...to pass the articles of Impeachment, you simply need a majority vote. To convict you need a 2/3 vote in the Senate.....and the Dems won't get 2/3 majority.....

after Bush leaves office, he is simply going to go back to Crawford and ride horses and make macaroni pictures....and iin any case, impeaching the president isnt going to automatically fix all the problems....people seem to think that once we have a new president that it is all going to be sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns. whoever it may be is going to have a hell of a mess to clean up

No getting Bush out of office will not in itself fix America but America CANNOT be
fixed while Bush is in office so its a start.

Thats ok, opinions vary but Bush has committed crimes to warrant both accounts. Here is one of the smoking guns.
:huh:
Not a smoking gun. No one's going to get into trouble for discrediting a liar who was involved in a dirty politics hit. This story is an example of someone embracing a fool simply because he doesn't like the same people. Not smart.

I thought your link would illustate some of the civil liberties stuff that both parties have been engaged in, not this Peyton Place crap that only keeps people pointing fingers at each other rather than advancing ideas for solutions. He'll be gone VERY soon and in all likelihood, he'll leave behind a Dem Congress and Pres as his legacy. What will the excuse for a broken country be then? Or will it be Rose colored glasses time?

:huh:
Not a smoking gun. No one's going to get into trouble for discrediting a liar who was involved in a dirty politics hit. This story is an example of someone embracing a fool simply because he doesn't like the same people. Not smart.

I thought your link would illustate some of the civil liberties stuff that both parties have been engaged in, not this Peyton Place crap that only keeps people pointing fingers at each other rather than advancing ideas for solutions. He'll be gone VERY soon and in all likelihood, he'll leave behind a Dem Congress and Pres as his legacy. What will the excuse for a broken country be then? Or will it be Rose colored glasses time?

I don't think there is a need to do that anymore. It pretty evident to those who care to know.

Like I said Bush out of office doesn't guarantee anything but it is a necessary step.

I don't think there is a need to do that anymore. It pretty evident to those who care to know.

Like I said Bush out of office doesn't guarantee anything but it is a necessary step.

He will be voted out of office in less than a year anyway....I dont see him being impeached or any other action taken......what point is it making if he gets impeaced like 3 mos before the election??

I would really like to know how George Bush has done a worse job that Clinton ever did. The economy isn't bad, Stock Markets are at an all time high. Unemployment Numbers are at an all time low. We have'nt be hit with Terrorism abroad (ie: USS Cole, Embassy Bombings, ect). The Media reports things are bad everywhere, Bad news sells. But life is still good.

Hook me up with a link and I'll be more than happy to buy the book and read it since it sounds like a good idea. As far as the sales report, send me some info and I will help you out as much as I can.
Sent you a PM, check it out.

So, what you are saying is, Keep the income tax, where rich people dont pay taxes and working poor people do pay taxes? I don't see how this works out so Rich People will pay more taxes. Do you see what I mean?
Rich people pay capital gains taxes on investments and income taxes on any salary they get. I see what you're getting at, but I think you forgot about capital gains taxes.

Rich people pay capital gains taxes on investments and income taxes on any salary they get. I see what you're getting at, but I think you forgot about capital gains taxes.

Still, they tend to use loopholes to get away with not paying the taxes. off shore accounts and such. If you do a quick search for captial gains taxes, they tend to be less that the average income tax. It's only about 15-20%, I pay 30% plus in Income taxes alone. Anyway, tell me how a Fair Tax economy would be any worse than the system we have now. You get 100% of your paycheck, you pay taxes when you buy something. Everybody pays into our tax system as oppused to just the legally hired in this country. It makes our tax code fair by making everybody in this country, Legal, illegal and vistors pay into our tax system. Instead of just Legal workers. With the Baby boomers begining to retire, we are going to have more retired, and more underaged people in this country than people that are employed. That is going to bankrupt this country to a point that we need a new system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"