Flash Off! Grant Gustin or Ezra Miller?

They're both great actors who have done the role justice so I will decide by which one has the better tuchhus.

Ezra has the better tushy

Going with Grant on this. I like Ezra as an actor very much but i just found his flash to be a little too strange for my taste. A little too awkward, a little too nerdy. Even if I be fair and judge Grant just from the 1st episode he balances every emotion and every tone that the Flash needs better. He also comes off more charming in my opinion. Also i prefer the henry allen scenes from Grant by a mile.

Gustin by far. Ezra was supremely obnoxious, and my interest in a Flash film with him is none existent.

I wouldn't personally call either of them great, but Gustin is better. IMO, the best live-action Flash so far has been John Wesley Shipp on the 90s series. Now that was a proper Barry Allen.

Ezra was one of the worst superheroes ever

Huge misfire there

I'm pretty disappointed in both. I just want a more accurate live-action Barry from inside-out, literally, but I don't think I will in this lifetime. Or just give us Wally completely.

And I can't believe I'm saying this... but Gustin.

Gustin. Sorry, but it isn't even a contest. He is Barry Allen .Miller was fine with what he was given, but there's not the attachment the audience has as they do with Gustin's version.

Gustin's version has been overwhelmingly praised, even the most hard nosed fanboys. Miller has been split like everything else in the DCEU.

Give Miller his own film. Not a Flashpoint sotto JL2 but an actual solo Flash film, then ask me again.

Grant Gustin. Ezra just seemed like a more hyper rookie version and not as good.

If I have to choose, Grant’s version because he acts slightly closer to the comic book version, but I like that Ezra’s version seems to be a solo hero rather than someone depending on a large team to make every decision for him.

I’d rather we got a mature, comic book version of the character.

Gustin's version has been overwhelmingly praised, even the most hard nosed fanboys.

I think Gustin's Flash lacks energy and is kind of bland. He's really good with the crying scenes though.

I think Gustin's Flash lacks energy and is kind of bland. He's really good with the crying scenes though.
Maybe you just prefer Wally or Bart's personality to Barry. Gustin portrays Barry Allen very accurately. Barry's admittedly a bit bland compared to Wally and Bart

I don't find Gustin Bland at all. The guy has lots of charm and personality which is why he's so popular. He's also just so likable. Miller's Flash got on people's nerves. Gustin's makes the audience root for him.

Now the show itself has been quite bland at times, and frankly Gustin has had to carry several mediocre to bad episodes, and elevate some of the weak material the writers have churned out for him.

Still , the show's a hit for a reason, and fans would be kidding themselves to think Gustin's Flash isn't well received.

My thing is Gustin plays the part too much like he's Peter Parker and Ezra really might as well have been called Robin.

This! The only Flash I found close to the comics was John Wesley Shipp. Sadly he only got one season.

How was Ezra anything like Robin? Robin isn't annoying.

I'm split down the middle. Grant has some solid qualities to his portrayals and some of the scene with mom are fantastic television. But Ezra is showing a different portrayal of Barry at a different portion of his career, in a different universe. Ezra was Barry, but more like Wally West was in JL animated in terms of high-speed personality and humor-centric characterization. I'd need an actual Flash movie to really make a call. He did a lot with a little bit of screen time, though. Grant's had a few seasons to establish his character. That's a heckuva lot more legroom (pun). For now, it's Grant...by a nose.

Now the show itself has been quite bland at times, and frankly Gustin has had to carry several mediocre to bad episodes, and elevate some of the weak material the writers have churned out for him.

He couldn't elevate the "weak" material he was given in "Girls Night Out", which is arguably the show's worst episode, imo.

The Flash 4x05 - Drunk Barry Loves Chicken Wings
[YT]snl0sqLocRg[/YT]

The Flash 4x05 - Drunk Barry Talks About Titanic
[YT]v6hClH0isH8[/YT]

THE FLASH 4x05- BARRY GETS DRUNK!!!
[YT]wuGyS-xyshU[/YT]

Fans seem to dig drunk Barry but I was just annoyed by him until he sobered up.

He couldn't elevate the "weak" material he was given in "Girls Night Out", which is arguably the show's worst episode, imo.

The Flash 4x05 - Drunk Barry Loves Chicken Wings
[YT]snl0sqLocRg[/YT]

The Flash 4x05 - Drunk Barry Talks About Titanic
[YT]v6hClH0isH8[/YT]

THE FLASH 4x05- BARRY GETS DRUNK!!!
[YT]wuGyS-xyshU[/YT]

Fans seem to dig drunk Barry but I was just annoyed by him until he sobered up.

I'd say that was the musical crossover. That's the only story involving Gustin's Flash that I'd be ok with never seeing again.

I'd say that was the musical crossover. That's the only story involving Gustin's Flash that I'd be ok with never seeing again.

That musical crossover used to be my least favorite until “Girls Night Out”. I didn't dislike the musical episode but I'm just not a fan of the musical genre in general.

Last edited:
I'm glad the poll results are where they should be

tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"