The Flash TV v. MOVIE: Dawn Of Flashes

KRYPTON INC.

Incorporated Kryptonian
Reaction score
I am starting this thread to get a range of opinions on a simple question: Will the existence of this show featuring the Barry Allen Flash, at all affect whether or not you will support the feature length, big budget film Warner Bros. has slated to make of the Barry Allen Flash starring Ezra Miller? Will you give it a chance and merely accept the different Flash as a phenomenon of the DC Multiverse which itself was introduced this season and which already includes another speedster super hero also called Flash (Jay) appearing on the show? Or do you think that you already get enough Flash in the form of Grant Gustin and the the CW show so it's silly to go out and support a Flash movie in theaters?

I'll take any and all Flash adaptations as long as they're good.

Flash was awesome in Flashpoint Paradox, the DC Animated Universe, both live action TV series, etc. I'm gladly going to see the film and I'll keep watching the show as long as it stays good.

I'd love a Flash animated series too.

I'm going to try and support Ezra's Flash along with this one. I just hope they aren't afraid to have some fun with the film and don't try a radically different tone.

I'm going to try and support Ezra's Flash along with this one. I just hope they aren't afraid to have some fun with the film and don't try a radically different tone.

That they wanted Lord and Miller to handle the property should speak loads as to the sort of film they were aiming at.

That they wanted Lord and Miller to handle the property should speak loads as to the sort of film they were aiming at.

Yeah, that gives me some confidence in where they're going.

tumblr_nrldjlQ0R61sepx2oo1_250.gif
tumblr_nrldjlQ0R61sepx2oo3_250.gif

tumblr_nrldjlQ0R61sepx2oo2_250.gif
tumblr_nrldjlQ0R61sepx2oo4_250.gif

Miller was so baked in that interview.

Miller was so baked in that interview.

Imagine if Miller came onto the Comic Con Panel for the Flash TV Show, thinking that he was appearing at the right place when he should have been at the JL Panel for his role as Flash there.lol

"We're gonna race."

Real talk though, Miller is far from an A lister. I really think when the time comes that they get Miller on the CW show to do a guest spot for one episode.

I'm 100% going to support the movie. I like Ezra Miller and the DCEU seems like it's gonna be good. So I'm down for it, bring me Miller's Flash.

Still, I'm never gonna stop watching the TV series. It rules.

I'm certain folks posting on the Hype will support two or even three Flashes spread across the WB Network, Warner Brothers DCEU film and Ovaltine Presents the Flash Radio Hour on RKO. But will the general public? I'm not so sure.

We're approaching a critical mass of comic book and superhero content on all types of screens. FOX recently entering the crowded marketplace with their X-Universe programs and two highly anticipated female lead programs are being released within ten days of each other. As a comic book fan this is truly a golden age - I thought last night's Supergirl pilot was terrific - but not everyone's going to make it out alive.

Of all the upcoming adaptions crowding the Marvel/DC movie timeline, Flash appears to be among the most vulnerable. People have embraced Gustin's version of Barry Allen, but now they are going to be asked to fork over a not insignificant chunk of change to see the same character and (likely) the same cast of characters portrayed by different people. That's going to be a tough sell.

There's seven DC and Marvel film adaptations scheduled for 2018, and we know at least a couple of them will disappoint at the box office. Out of the bunch I have the least amount of confidence in The Flash.

"We're gonna race."

Real talk though, Miller is far from an A lister. I really think when the time comes that they get Miller on the CW show to do a guest spot for one episode.

That would be sweet if they had an episode that was a giant speedster team up and they managed to get Miller to guest star.

I'm certain folks posting on the Hype will support two or even three Flashes spread across the WB Network, Warner Brothers DCEU film and Ovaltine Presents the Flash Radio Hour on RKO. But will the general public? I'm not so sure.

We're approaching a critical mass of comic book and superhero content on all types of screens. FOX recently entering the crowded marketplace with their X-Universe programs and two highly anticipated female lead programs are being released within ten days of each other. As a comic book fan this is truly a golden age - I thought last night's Supergirl pilot was terrific - but not everyone's going to make it out alive.

Of all the upcoming adaptions crowding the Marvel/DC movie timeline, Flash appears to be among the most vulnerable. People have embraced Gustin's version of Barry Allen, but now they are going to be asked to fork over a not insignificant chunk of change to see the same character and (likely) the same cast of characters portrayed by different people. That's going to be a tough sell.

There's seven DC and Marvel film adaptations scheduled for 2018, and we know at least a couple of them will disappoint at the box office. Out of the bunch I have the least amount of confidence in The Flash.

In a country of 300 million people, if on the off chance that EVERY weekly viewer of the CW show stayed away from the Flash film (which I don't even think in real life that is going to even approach close to half, if that) the film will still be sitting pretty if it has a good ad campaign, good trailers ect. No, the Flash TV fans are not going to factor too much one way or the other. If anything whether or not BvS, SS and WW are solid films embraced by the theater going public will be much more decisive.

I think by the mid season, there will be like a major episode that will focus on the two Flash's.

I love the show, but it still often feels like a soap opera, and this Barry Allen isn't exactly what I want or would like him to be. He isn't the great mind he should be, and the writers are very lazy when it comes to actually coming up with plausible reasons for why various villains are a threat to Barry.

Like yesterday's episode? How the hell did he grab barry so easily?

So yeah, I'm excited for the movie. I'm excited to see the Flash in a better suit, with better special effects, and with better writing. Also, Grant Gustin is a good television actor, but Ezra Miller is on another level acting wise. Whether he suits the character is something else completely, but that remains to be seen

Last edited:
The show has made me a fan of the character when previously I wasn't that interested. So as a fan, I will absolutely be supporting and watching the movie.

Definitely supporting both.
Love love love the show and I can't ****ing wait for DCUC flash

I'm hoping we've all come a long way since the "Smallville vs. Superman Returns" Wars of 10 years ago :dotf:

I love the show, and I'm willing to give Miller a shot although I'm somewhat skeptical about the DC movie-verse ATM. Hopefully BvS and SS will alleviate some of those fears.

Last edited:
...Will the existence of this show featuring the Barry Allen Flash, at all affect whether or not you will support the feature length, big budget film Warner Bros. has slated to make of the Barry Allen Flash starring Ezra Miller?

Not at all.

The only thing determining whether or not I see any DC movies will be if BvS is any good. Because I did not like Man of Steel at all and following in those footsteps has earned DC's movie line a lot of ill will from me.

Conversely, The Flash was my favorite thing on television last season and earned DC's TV line a lot of good will from me. Enough that I started watching Arrow again and gave Supergirl a try.

Last edited:
The only thing determining whether or not see any DC movies will be if BvS is any good. Because I did not like Man of Steel at all and following in those footsteps has earned DC's movie line a lot of ill will from me.

Conversely, The Flash was my favorite thing on television last season and earned DC's TV line a lot of good will from me. Enough that I started watching Arrow again and gave Supergirl a try.

Actually the thing that determines if we get more DC films is if Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad are successful. Do we want them to be good? Sure. Will the studio continue it's plans and ignore critical backlash if it makes money? You bet.

Sorry. I wasn't clear. I left an "I" out of that first sentence that has since been edited in. I don't care if the movies are successful. I personally will not see any DC movie coming after Batman v Superman, including The Flash unless I personally enjoy BvS. I would rather no DC movies be made than bad ones. Others are more than welcome to feel differently. Those people can pay to see those movies they enjoy and I can save money and not be disappointed and everybody wins.

Will the existence of this show featuring the Barry Allen Flash, at all affect whether or not you will support the feature length, big budget film Warner Bros. has slated to make of the Barry Allen Flash starring Ezra Miller?
It makes me root for the movie.

I love the show, but it still often feels like a soap opera, and this Barry Allen isn't exactly what I want or would like him to be. He isn't the great mind he should be, and the writers are very lazy when it comes to actually coming up with plausible reasons for why various villains are a threat to Barry.
The bold part, yep.

Like yesterday's episode? How the hell did he grab Barry so easily?
Barry was distracted, and Shark did not come at him from someplace visible to his peripheral vision.

So yeah, I'm excited for the movie. I'm excited to see the Flash in a better suit, with better special effects, and with better writing.
:highfive:
I love the show suit, and I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"