how would you reboot justice league?

Then my idea would something similar to JLU if they wanted an ongoing JL series with the it being the Death of Superman leads to the break up of the team much like how it did in the comics with his return brining them back together and the Seven come together to ensure nothing like this would happen again leads to them inviting more members to the group like JLU. That way you could have stand alone episodes of other heroes who don't already have a series but also keep the League out there as well.
I don’t see the need for Superman to have died, and to return in order to have the team band back together.

Why do we need to start of a fatality? I’d rather a natural evolution of the characters that builds into a team effort.

I don’t see the need for Superman to have died, and to return in order to have the team band back together.

Why do we need to start of a fatality? I’d rather a natural evolution of the characters that builds into a team effort.
That's for later down the line not right off the bat.

I think the problems you run into are the rehashes of stories. Origins, character redos, etc. There shouldn't be a Death of Superman in general again, yet alone with Doomsday involved.

I think the problems you run into are the rehashes of stories. Origins, character redos, etc. There shouldn't be a Death of Superman in general again, yet alone with Doomsday involved.
I agree but the only reason why I would do that storyline is when I am ready to bring Conner into the picture.

Phase 1

Man of Steel- Superman vs Zod

The Batman- Based on the Dark Knight returns

Man of Steel Part 2- Superman vs Lex Luthor/Bizzaro

Wonder Woman- Diana vs Ares

Worlds Finest- Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman team up to take on Brainaic

Green Lantern- Origin Hal Jordan Vs Sinestro and the Manhunters

Phase 2

Suicide Squad- Amanda Waller uses super villains as a black-ops team to bring down the Joker, based on Death in the Family

The Batman Part 2- Under the Redhood

Flash- Origin, Flash vs Captain Cold

Aquaman- Origin, Aquaman vs Black Manta.
It’s fine to have a plan, phases worked with the MCU, but there needs to be a long term plan. WB don’t seem to have one of those; they’re just throwing projects out left, right and center.

Take the Flash for example, you’ve got his entry villain as Captain Cold, when I’d throw in the Rogues as a whole, and have them remain a prominent threat through a trilogy, although not the core villain as such.

I mentioned this in another topic some time ago, but with Flash I’d have the Rogues (Captain Cold, Heatwave & Golden Glider) as the villains for the first film, then Grodd (or maybe someone like Cicada and more Rogues; Weather Wizard & Mirror Master) for the second, and then Thawne for round three (though have Thawne in all three films but in the shadows only).

An opening phase though, definitely should focus on the core four. Bruce, Clark, Diana and Hal.

That's for later down the line not right off the bat.
Oh? :p

Do it through the Flash movie. Connect the seemingly divergent movies (specifically Batman) by erasing or modifying unwanted history (events of JL and SS, Batman's 20-year history and the accompanying lore, killing of Zod) and retaining the working parts (cast and pretty much the rest).

Do it through the Flash movie. Connect the seemingly divergent movies (specifically Batman) by erasing or modifying unwanted history (events of JL and SS, Batman's 20-year history and the accompanying lore, killing of Zod) and retaining the working parts (cast and pretty much the rest).
That didn’t work so well for the CW.

It’s fine to have a plan, phases worked with the MCU, but there needs to be a long term plan. WB don’t seem to have one of those; they’re just throwing projects out left, right and center.

Take the Flash for example, you’ve got his entry villain as Captain Cold, when I’d throw in the Rogues as a whole, and have them remain a prominent threat through a trilogy, although not the core villain as such.

I mentioned this in another topic some time ago, but with Flash I’d have the Rogues (Captain Cold, Heatwave & Golden Glider) as the villains for the first film, then Grodd (or maybe someone like Cicada and more Rogues; Weather Wizard & Mirror Master) for the second, and then Thawne for round three (though have Thawne in all three films but in the shadows only).

An opening phase though, definitely should focus on the core four. Bruce, Clark, Diana and Hal.

Oh? :p

I was thinking of doing the Flash movie more in the vain of Spider-Man Homecoming where its Captain Cold as the main bad guy and Heatwave and some others as his back up. They would be ex employs of STAR Labs that steal the tech from there and use it to start their own crew.

and i do have a plan for more movies

Pragmatically, I figure if WB ever does get up the gumption to try again with a JL movie, it'll probably be a DCEU-anchored soft reboot with Wonder Woman and Aquaman as the team's sole returning members, and they'll probably toss Shazam in there too for good measure. But that'd be just the studio simply sticking with what they believe works, at least so far; unfortunately, for that same reason, I can also imagine them ultimately deciding to leave Batman in his corner of the universe to do his own thing, and pretty much leaving Superman on the bench. However, that said, with regard to Diana, Arthur and Billy, I'd actually be interested in seeing a League comprised of members with ancient, mythological and/or mystical (without going to the more sorcerous extremes of something like JL Dark) connotations:
- Wonder Woman (leader)
- Aquaman
- Shazam in lieu of Superman
- Hawkman or (more preferably) Hawkgirl in lieu of Batman
- Metamorpho in lieu of Cyborg
- Blue Beetle (Jaime) in lieu of Flash

Ideally, though, I'd just wait till the current Wonder Woman and Aquaman franchises run their course and then recast and reboot complete and clean outside the DCEU with a proper JL team which updates the original JL roster:
- Superman (leader)
- Batman
- Wonder Woman
- Aquaman
- Martian Manhunter
- The Flash (Barry or Wally, I'm not particular, though Barry's already gotten quite a bit of live-action mileage on him)
- A Green Lantern (preferably Jessica - otherwise I'd have picked John, but with MM the team would already have one John on it)

Ideally, though, I'd just wait till the current Wonder Woman and Aquaman franchises run their course and then recast and reboot complete and clean outside the DCEU with a proper JL team which updates the original JL roster:
Gal and Jason are going to be remembered for these roles for a long time to come, and anyone thinking of replacing them for the big screen are going to have some big boots to fill, so it won’t be anytime soon, we’re probably looking at ten-fifteen years or so.

Just think, if they recast Tony Stark anytime soon. Just wouldn’t work out. RDJ is still too fresh.

There’s no reason they couldn’t use two Lanterns either; specifically (my preference) John & Jessica, with the former playing a mentor part of sorts.

The DCEU isn't the CW.

Tho it is one of the infinite Earths.

Just wait everyone out and start anew in the 2030's

i want to see WB to do proper Trinity movie before diving into another JL movie.

It's not a popular opinion given the success of Gadot's Wonder Woman and Momoa's Aquaman, but I'd adopt the Justice League: Mortal philosophy. In other words, create a Justice League franchise that is entirely separate from any of the other DC films going on. Just like Mortal was going to run concurrent with Nolan's Batman films.

I'm still a firm believer that you do not have to have solo films in order to make a successful Justice League movie. It's an ensemble film, and plenty of ensemble films have succeeded without having to set up the characters beforehand (Star Wars OT and The Lord of the Rings spring right to mind).

Last edited:
It's not a popular opinion given the success of Gadot's Wonder Woman and Momoa's Aquaman, but I'd adopt the Justice League: Mortal philosophy. In other words, create a Justice League franchise that is entirely separate from any of the other DC films going on. Just like Mortal was going to run concurrent with Nolan's Batman films.
I’d welcome this, however I’d also love to see this done from an Iniustice point of view; Batman vs Superman Trilogy, or maybe some form of Flashpoint Trilogy; something that can’t be wrapped up in a single film, but rather a trilogy (9hrs of film should cut it).

Here's my idea:

The Justice League soft reboot "JLA" would use a recast Batman. It would retain Henr Cavill, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Zachary Levi, and Ezra Miller.

I'm envisioning multiple continuities under DC films. The Batman, the main line DCEU films, and the Black Label imprints would coexist without crossing over.

The upcoming Wonder Woman 1984, Black Adam, Shazam 2, and Aquaman 2 are all assumed to be a part of the same universe. This is what remains of the original DCEU. They've got a number of elements that really work for them, they should be sticking with those and replacing the elements that have not worked for them. Let a Superman soft reboot, the New Gods movie, and the Green Lantern reboot exist in this continuity. Essentially, keep the fantastical stories in the same continuity. Use Batman sparingly, only using a considerably older Batman. This Batman would be firmly established as separate from Pattinson's version, and could loosely be considered as a continuation of Batfleck, albeit with a new actor. Something like the transition of Keaton to Kilmer.

JJ Abrams should definitely assume control of Justice League. He seems like the best bet for this project.

I think that it would be a mistake to retell the origin of the Justice League. Even though it was poorly depicted in the 2017 film, we've still already seen the origin of the team. Start the story off with the team well established. Vaguely referencing their formation is all we'd need in the way of references to the 2017 film.

I'd utilize the "Flashpoint" movie as a way to navigate some of the problematic continuity issues, effectively allowing WB to get rid of the things that don't work and keep the things that do.

Realistically, an alien invasion storyline for the reboot is off the table. It would feel too familiar and like a rehash of the 2017 film. That eliminates a number of great villain options like Darkseid, Brainiac, the White Martians, or Starro.

The most obvious storyline is ironically bringing us back to WB's first attempt at a Justice League movie... the infamous "Justice League Mortal". In hindsight, the general storyline for that movie was rock solid. The original script smartly presented Batman as the catalyst for the entire story unfolding. It would be wise to make Batman central to any rebooted Justice League storyline as well. Tower of Babel seems like the obvious story to adapt, and I think audiences would really respond to it.

The animated film "Justice League: Doom" interestingly introduced the Legion of Doom whilst taking elements from "Tower of Babel" as well. Warner Brothers have slowly but surely introduced a number of worthy villains for a future Legion of Doom appearance throughout their DCEU series. Adding more star power by pitting the Justice League against the Legion of Doom could be an expensive, but wise move for WB.

So basically soft reboot with JJ Abrams, recast Batman, keep everyone else, let Flashpoint rearrange problematic elements of the DCEU, and base the story on Tower of Babel with the Legion of Doom.

I'm still a firm believer that you do not have to have solo films in order to make a successful Justice League movie. It's an ensemble film, and plenty of ensemble films have succeeded without having to set up the characters beforehand (Star Wars OT and The Lord of the Rings spring right to mind).

You are exactly right, apart from fans wanting to see their fav character get a solo movie I really dont think it is necessary for a JL film to have so many solo films to get to one film.

I wont go into story details as I havent really got that far but I dont think the audience would have a hard time if say for for example you open the film with...

Film opens with a dog fight space battle akin to something you would see in Star Wars when all of a sudden a fleet of Green Lantern Corp come flying in, they all are talking to each other where we are given names and a little bit of exposition as to who and why they are coming into save the day.

Green Lantern gets a call from Wonder Women saying he is needed back at Earth, he tells the Corp, they are cool with it so GL flying in a GL made fighter Jet does a back flip forms back into green light around him and he heads back to Earth.

We now Cut to Superman and The Flash helping each other in some big action scene stopping trains or planes colliding when they get the same call from WW, they tell her they will be there once they are done dealing with the issue at hand.

Aqua Man is in a meeting under da sea when he gets his call so he ups and leaves the meeting because he is the King and he does what he wants to many peoples shock.

We can now cut to WW and Martian Manhunter observing Earth from the JL Watchtower discussing whatever as each member of the JL makes their entrance all but Batman. Flash gets their first just before Supes and tells him that he beat him there. As WW begins to inform the JL of the issue the doors open and Batman walks in, WW tell him she knew he would be listening in and welcomes him.

Thats all I have for an introduction for now but I feel the audience is gonna get it pretty easy.

I wouldn’t release it until after a new Supes makes his big screen appearance (either in a solo film or as a supporting character) and after the GL series had finished a season or two. Basically when the solo franchises are firing on all cylinders.

Call it The Justice League, and move far away from the style of the first movie. Meaning no muddy red skies, and no more action scenes in grey cylinder-shaped indoor environments, for the love of god, and no more JL meetings in Batcaves or Bat vehicles. The League is bigger than that.

As for the lineup, I would start it with Supes, Bats, WW, Flash, GL (John, the newest member, stepping in for Hal), Aquaman, and Cyborg, with Hawkgirl being recruited at the start (our wide-eyed POV character, as she's given a tour of the Watchtower). The mysterious Martian Manhunter is a focal point of the narrative, and Shazam is a last minute surprise to deal with Black Adam.

Basically this:
JUSTICE-LEAGUE-Relaunch-With-Scott-Snyder-Jim-Cheung-and-Jorge-Jim%C3%A9nez-3025639533-1540396699968.jpg

Secrets and trust would be a major theme, with Bats’ contingencies (Tower of Babel story), their secret identities (especially Billy's), Martian Manhunter not trusting the league, Bruce’s real intentions for recruiting a telepath, etc, all contrasted with...the Legion of Doom, made up of...

Lex, Joker, Cheetah, Grodd, Black Manta, Deathstroke, and Black Adam.

But Grodd will also use mind-control on different League members to even the playing field. So we can get a Flash/Superman chase, a Hawkgirl/GL couple fight, a savage Aquaman/WW brawl, etc.

JUSTL_Cv6-2.jpg

And Martian Manhunter, with his own mind powers and connection to the others’ minds would be instrumental in both the Legion’s plan, but also how the League save the day. Maybe he helps uncover some of the Legion’s own secrets, how they actually all have their own secret endgame (or at least Joker does), and this causes the Legion to fall.

Last edited:
I’m just wondering what the roster would be. Hawkgirl is apparently going to be introduced in Black Adam, that’d leave us with:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
The Flash
Shazam
Cyborg
Hawkgirl

Add John Stewart to that list, and it’s pretty perfect.

A standalone JL movie doesn't sound too bad tbh

It's not like it would go against what they're currently doing (which is nothing). Better than waiting 10-15 years

It would perform like X-men movies, the range would be (best:X-Men DOFP, worst:X-Men Dark Phoenix)

It would perform like X-men movies, the range would be (best:X-Men DOFP, worst:X-Men Dark Phoenix)
Audiences love crossovers. You maximize profits if you build up to an event like this. You also incentivize the other films in the series if there is thought to be an overarching storyline across multiple franchises.

I’m just wondering what the roster would be. Hawkgirl is apparently going to be introduced in Black Adam, that’d leave us with:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
The Flash
Shazam
Cyborg
Hawkgirl

Add John Stewart to that list, and it’s pretty perfect.
Feel free to remove Cyborg from the lineup and add Jessica Cruz and I’m cool with the seven (or eight if two Lanterns).

I wouldn’t release it until after a new Supes makes his big screen appearance (either in a solo film or as a supporting character) and after the GL series had finished a season or two. Basically when the solo franchises are firing on all cylinders.
If WB can get their act together, I’d not be opposed to a new Superman making his debut in the Supergirl film.

Lex, Joker, Cheetah, Grodd, Black Manta, Deathstroke, and Black Adam.
Honestly, considering who this villainous group would be up against, they’d not stand a chance.

One would imagine the likes of Batman, Aquaman and the Lanterns would be able to mentally block Grodd. Black Adam would potentially be the next high level threat, the others could easily be wiped off the floor by any of the other heroes.

Such an ensemble may work in the comics, but anything on the big screen needs to be somewhat credible.

Had a few thoughts on this over the weekend - on how to reboot, or redeem the Justice League, and there's a split census between starting over, or just going with an established team. What if we instead had something in between?

Imagine a universe where the likes of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are already established heroes that operate in and around the world (though I suppose Batman would be more focused in Gotham) and we'd have Aquaman ruling over (or more specifically, under) the oceans. Have these heroes aware of each other, whilst also having worked together before too (this could be alluded too in dialogues between said characters).

Focus the film on the formation of an actual league though, rather than (what would be) established incidents of working together. Not only would a new film introduce an actual league but it would be an opportunity to bring in some of the younger characters like Flash, Shazam and maybe Cyborg; characters that have only recently acquired their abilities.

Such a film could also introduce a veteran Hal Jordan whilst also passing the Lantern torch to someone like John Stewart or Jessica Cruz (potentially an independent Lantern film would be released before hand).

Allow Patterson, Gal and Jason to reprise their roles, and get those trilogies out of the way, maybe using parts of those films as backstories for these characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"