The OFFICIAL Flash Casting Thread

Dramatic experience. Its the first step. Director does the rest.

The director can help but he can't say Reynolds' lines or do his acting for him.

Not a fair assumption. First of all, its one step, he figures out most of the stuff a second too early. And its not fair to say hes a step(s) behind when the characters your comparing all have guns in their faces and are in the thick of the trouble.

For most of the movie he was constantly outsmarted by several others. It doesn't matter what circumstances. Most of the time he had to count on others alerting him to a bad guys location, the bad guys revealing themselves and some of them still escaped after that or getting information handed to him not finding it himself.

In the end he still only gets a pyrrhic victory, not a true victory.

Range is important. Range is the key to more chances and oppurtunity.

Agreed.

Range is the reason why Heath Ledger got to be the Joker. Range and experience is why Ledger could work with the Nolans to get Joker down pat.

Ledger has proven he can do that. Reynolds is not Ledger. All they have in common are they are male actors with action roles. Ledger doing Joker does not mean Reynolds can.

He doesnt get very technical. Just a few editing sessions with both the TV producer and video game designer.

This is disappointing. He's going to have to get technical with science.

Without that he's not a convincing scientist.

The point is he can work with information, accurately deliver the information.

The information you just said wasn't very technical. He can't deliver complex information scientists do in their work without that.

Everything else is the director and writer.

No, it isn't. The director and writer can only guide the actor. It's the actor who needs to be able to use their work to execute it. They don't execute it for the actor.

The director can help but he can't say Reynolds' lines or do his acting for him.

No ****, but its the directors job to get the performance from the actor.

Ledger has proven he can do that. Reynolds is not Ledger. All they have in common are they are male actors with action roles. Ledger doing Joker does not mean Reynolds can.

Ledger has little to no proof he could pull off Joker.

This is disappointing. He's going to have to get technical with science.

Without that he's not a convincing scientist.

The information you just said wasn't very technical. He can't deliver complex information scientists do in their work without that.

All he has to do is read it off a paper. Its not major emotional scenes

No, it isn't. The director and writer can only guide the actor. It's the actor who needs to be able to use their work to execute it. They don't execute it for the actor.

Writer writes the material. The director tells the actor how he wants him to say it. The actor has to get it right in the eyes of the director. Reynolds can do dramatic work and he can read so being the scientist is the easy part. Being the super hero and being the person is the hard part.

No ****, but its the directors job to get the performance from the actor.

True.

But that only works if the actor can deliver that performance.

Ledger has little to no proof he could pull off Joker.

Now he has.

Reynolds hasn't gotten any role close to that in his career. Until then he is not as good as Ledger in acting skill.

All he has to do is read it off a paper.

No, its more then that. He has to actually be a convincing scientist. It takes more then reading lines off a piece of paper to do that. He must come across like he understands what he's talking about and use equipment like a professional.

Its not major emotional scenes

Major emotional scenes aren't the only scenes which require acting skill.

He has to be convincing in every aspect of Barry's life. This includes being a forensic scientist.

Writer writes the material. The director tells the actor how he wants him to say it. The actor has to get it right in the eyes of the director.

Yes.

All this relies on the actor doing everything convincingly.

You can't act like a good scientist without looking like you're a convincing good scientist. You don't get that just from reading lines from scripts.

Reynolds can do dramatic work and he can read so being the scientist is the easy part.

If all it took to be a great actor was reading lines everyone would be Johnny Depp with acting skills. It doesn't happen like that.

Being the super hero and being the person is the hard part.

Reynolds has proven he can do this. He hasn't proven he can be a convincing scientist.

If all it took to be a great actor was reading lines everyone would be Johnny Depp with acting skills. It doesn't happen like that.

Because he can capture the emotional part. Scientist part is easy. You can learn to use equipment. The rest is certainly reading.

Because he can capture the emotional part.

True.

Scientist part is easy. You can learn to use equipment.

True, but that's the same with any actor.

The rest is certainly reading.

Reading only works if he can convince the audience Reynolds' understands what he's talking about. It's much easier to fake being a detective then a scientist.

Being a scientist wouldn't just be for used for the forensic stuff. It needs to be done to explain the Speed Force.

Just talk studiously. its easy. Actors do it all the time. People do it all the time. Its like narrating.

Speed Force is also easy. Even for Wally. Its the Flash, whatever anyone says about Speed Force the Flash probably knows better

Well except for Max Mercury but I doubt he's going to be in this.

Adam Brody, Scott Porter or Jensen Ackles for Wally West

It seems like cheating, but I'd really like to see Neil Patrick Harris as Barry.

^ hell yes. if they do Barry I would definitely like to see them use Harris. lol.... i can just hear the uproar now from the people on here "A gay guy is playing Flash?!!!" It's sad that people actually think that a person's lifestyle has anything to do with their talent.

^ hell yes. if they do Barry I would definitely like to see them use Harris. lol.... i can just hear the uproar now from the people on here "A gay guy is playing Flash?!!!" It's sad that people actually think that a person's lifestyle has anything to do with their talent.

I didn't know Harris was gay. Damn, and to think I liked him! :cmad:

:grin:

Yeah, you're right, it's sad that some people are so prejudiced about how people live their lifes. Harris is more than talented enough to play the role. But I doubt he'd get it. When it comes to leading roles in big studio movies, it seems like the producers need straight men, even when the CHARACTERS are gay!

He already did an awesome job in The New Frontier

Why the hell would you say that? He already was Barry in The New Frontier. Gained an interesting cult following from harold and Kumar. Is the star of Whedon's new webisodes which I havent seen but hear good things. Hes an actor who seems to love to poke fun at himself. I think this community actually likes Harris a lot.

The fact is I've seen gay actors, gay directors, etc. insulted more than praised on these boards. and if someone is gay and they do a bad job, they use the person being gay as a reason why they did a job. (for example, a lot of people say that one of the main reasons SR was bad is because Bryan Singer is gay).

The fact is I've seen gay actors, gay directors, etc. insulted more than praised on these boards. and if someone is gay and they do a bad job, they use the person being gay as a reason why they did a job. (for example, a lot of people say that one of the main reasons SR was bad is because Bryan Singer is gay).

If someone said that than they probably arnt on the boards anymore. I have seen people get banned for using gay derogatory

YEa i think harris would be a great barry, as for him being gay i have no problem with it.

I dont remember who or where i read this (but it was on the Hype)

someone suggested Kevin mcKid for Barry
WI15759912_actor-kevin-mckidd-made-honor.jpg

If someone said that than they probably arnt on the boards anymore. I have seen people get banned for using gay derogatory

Really? Didn't know that. I, myself, have been called derogatory terms on here by quite a few people.

^ As far as Gosling goes... he and Gyllenhaal are my top choices for Wally.

The only choice I've ever had for Barry is Harris

If a mod is made aware of such posts....then the person who made the remark will be either warned probated or banned depending upon the severity of it. We do not allow the bashing of people because of their gender, race, religion, sexual preference, or whatever. We want this to be a site for everyone to enjoy in peace....but we can do nothing about a situation if we do not know about it.

Wentworth Miller as Weather Wizard
wentworth_miller.jpg

Michael Pitt as Murmur
36935468.jpg

and it might be the worse typecast ever but I was racking my brain for awhile trying to cast him.
Neil Patrick Harris as Pied Piper
neil_patrick_harris2.jpg

No, no, no, no. Harris is Barry. I would hate to see him as a villain. Speaking of which..... what do you guys think about Mark Hammill as Weather Wizard or Captain Cold? I think he would do a great job and it would be a really cool homage to The Flash tv show (Hammill played The Trickster on the show in the '90s).

I, for one, think that Weather Wizard and Captain Cold need to be on the older side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"